Casual place, opened Jan 2014. Offers Thai and Vietnamese vegan food. Many dishes are gluten-free. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Thai, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese
8-10 N San Francisco St
Flagstaff, Arizona 86001
928-864-6471

Mon 11:00am-9:00pm, Wed-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

First Review by saj3
TucsonVeganGal
TucsonVeganGal

Good quality and fair prices

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2015

The food is of decent quality and the prices are decent too. I love the pad thai!

The seating in the restaurant is uncomfortable - the backs to the benches are too straight. We'd rather get take-out instead of eating in and that's sad.

Pros: Food quality, Prices
Cons: Seating awkward, Servers seem uncomfortable
tbaodd
tbaodd

Black Beans or Red Kidney Beans!? OMG So Cool

Posted on 12 / 26 / 2015

The Flavors of Asia dish that I tried was really good and healthy which is hard to find at a restaurant. The Flavors of Asia came with brown rice, salad, veggie roll, and samosa wonton. I thought that would be a lot of food but the portions were good and I felt like I ate but I didn’t overdo it. I ordered the tofu as my add in but they also offer black beans or red kidney beans which is something I’ve never experienced.

Kagefc4
Kagefc4

fantastic Thai food!

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2015

Got stranded in flagstaff for a couple of days and was happy to find there were plenty of vegan options around town. Red curry vegan did not disappoint! Had the red curry and the sampler platter. I had it with tofu but they offer several protein options including tempeh. A must try for any vegan in the area!

Vegan Jeremy
Vegan Jeremy

Good find

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2015

We broke down and were scared there would be no vegan places but found this place and it comes highly recommended

dianen
dianen

Little Restaurant with a Big Menu

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2015

You'd need about a month to sample everything on the menu here. This is the first all-vegan Thai restaurant we've eaten in, and what a luxury it was to have so many options to choose from. I ordered the Red Curry while my husband ordered the Mussamun (their spelling) Curry. Both were superb, though we liked the Red Curry better. Members of the staff were friendly and helpful, and the serving size was just right. If we lived here, we'd definitely become regulars. The only downside is difficulty finding parking, but that's true for most downtown Flagstaff restaurants. Or maybe it's actually a plus since it forces you to walk after overstuffing yourself.

Pros: Excellent flavor, Friendly staff, Plentiful options
Cons: No parking lot
shacksfertig
shacksfertig

So delicious!

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2015

The nori and summer rolls are divine, and the Saigon Soup and PET were so great we practically licked our plates. Such lovely service, and really good portion sizes for big eaters like us. Can't wait to go again!

Yourstrulymels
Yourstrulymels

great food!!

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2015

Absolutely loved their love and their environment. If in Flagstaff, it's a must try. I highly recommend their sweet and sour a la cartre dish with fried tofu and their wontons. It's delicious!!

Pros: vegan friendly , affordable , Relaxing music
Treebaard
Treebaard

great place, very tasty food

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2015

We ate here 4x during a one-week period, as we liked the food so much, and since it was so affordable. Tried 5 different dishes, none of which disappointed.

Pros: inexpensive, very tasty food, decent vibe
Cons: staff seems a bit rushed
Keithashburn
Keithashburn

Flagstaff has better!

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2014

We were visiting Flagstaff recently and were excited to see a vegan Thai restaurant was located there. Unfortunately the food was mediocre at best. Sweet was the predominant flavor in nearly every dish and none of the dishes we tried had the complex and balanced flavor profile Thai cooking is known for.

Flagstaff has an abundance of Thai restaurants and we had better veggie dishes at a couple of them.

moglig
moglig

Great Food

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

This seems like a healthier Thai/Vietnamese place compared to other places I've been to, but everything is still wonderful tasting. They use brown rice and have the option of red beans instead of tofu, which really made me happy. I also really like that I got a couple of sides with my entree: a spring roll and wonton. It makes it more fun. The restaurant atmosphere is pretty casual, but they do make an effort to present the food nicely.

kalangford01
kalangford01
  • herbivore

Drove 100 miles to eat here!

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

We drove 100 miles to have dinner here and we will do it again. Great location, nice staff, fantastic presentation and delicious! Very reasonably-priced.

DeafVegan
DeafVegan

Awesomeness place to eat!

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

Glad to find out Flagstaff downtown has a vegan restaurant when we came to town on June 18, 2014. We ate sweet and sour with a choice of tofu (which is number 42 on a menu), chocolate cup with almond butter and sushi. They're excellent foods that we finally can enjoy.
For your information, they do accept debit/credit card now.
We will go back again and again.
Updated from previous review on Sunday June 22, 2014

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff, Nice vibe with wonderful atmosphere
rakesh_yadav
rakesh_yadav

Awesome place

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

I could only go there once but it will be remembered. Starter was a seaweed+veggie soup. The main dish was vegetables and few pieces of pineapple with some coconut thai curry, served with with whole brown rice. A vegetable roll, cracker, and a sweet source and was also given as a side. Very delicious! I also had two mouth watering chocolate cups with almond butter. Yummm...

Pros: Great food, Nice ambiance, Friendly staff
PinkOrca
PinkOrca

vegan gem in flagstaff

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

This restaurant is vegan and curry lovers heaven! They offer the curry heat on a five star system, and you can choose to have the tofu in your curry steamed or fried. The red coconut curry and homemade lemonade are delicious!

Pros: vegan , vegetarian, spicy curries
hvegjoy
hvegjoy

Excellent!

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2014

Delicious food, affordable prices, ample portions, friendly staff--this restaurant is excellent. We had an appetizer, soup, the green curry meal, the mussamun curry meal, and a daily special dessert. My husband has very high standards about food and we both agreed it was one of the best vegan meals we've ever had in a restaurant. This is our new favorite restaurant in Northern Arizona. Please support it, so it stays open!

Pros: delicious food, great value, friendly staff
Cons: no outdoor seating
saj3
saj3
  • raw

Yummy and cheap!

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2014

This spot is in the 'heart' of downtown Flagstaff...and well worth going to. We had a kale salad that was done well (pumpkin seeds, avocado, etc.). Every dish we ordered I would order again, especially a curry dish with pumpkin. I licked the plates clean! The salad greens were actually green (no iceberg lettuce here). Most dishes had a choice of tofu (tried to find out of non-GMO but waitress didn't know), black beans or kidney beans. And the table next to us had brought their own six-pack of beer (great idea). Just bring cash (no credit cards yet).

Pros: cheap, healthy, lots of vegetables
Cons: no credit cards

Dear Owner and Manager of Red Curry Vegan Kitchen: