Red Cup Coffee House

Small and casual coffee shop operating since 1995 and all-vegetarian since 2010. Offers vegetarian breakfast and lunch food with vegan specials. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Fusion, Bakery, Fast food

First Review by critterina
JackieP
JackieP

Not Vegan Friendly

2 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2013

A pretty disappointing place for a vegan. Few options except things that would be in a vegan 101 cookbook, like pasta, a veggie sandwich, & vegan chili. Veggie burger not vegan. No vegan dairy substitutes offered. Menu offers no more flexibility than any other restaurant.

Pros: cute, local, friendly people
Cons: not vegan friendly
kmilitello
kmilitello

Satisfying surprise find

4 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2013

I was traveling to Oklahoma City and had horrible food at the airport. I was genuinely worried about my vegan options in the city but drove out to the red cup on a whim and could not have been more pleased. I ate a stir-fry with fresh veggies that they made with noodles instead of rice for me. It was fresh, wholesome, healthy, and delicious. The staff was very friendly. I ever ordered a vegan dessert (although they only had one vegan dessert option- it was tasty.) the food was very reasonably priced too. The atmosphere is artsy, hipster, and accepting. They do not have vegan cheese yet, but are willing to make things without cheese to veganize them. There was a very large vegetarian food menu.
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 12, 2013

Pros: Great food, Fun atmosphere
Cons: Not open for dinner some days
DaisytheHedgehog
DaisytheHedgehog

Cute atmosphere, but very vegetarian

3 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2012

I'm vegan, and although it has a ton of vegetarian options not many of them were easily veganized. I had a hummus sandwich that was delicious though.

Pros: Nice sitting area
Cons: Very vegetarian
Lanoya
Lanoya

One of my favorite places

5 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2011

Always delicious food and lovely art, and the most peaceful outdoor dining. They have a wide selection of vegetarian food and a decent selection of vegan food. Fair trade coffee and loose leaf tea, GREAT baked goods.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Fantastic food even carnivores like, A variety of baked goods
Cons: Not much parking
jewel123
jewel123

Great Coffee and atmosphere

3 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2011

My hubby and I are vegans and we wanted a vegan breakfast while visiting OKC. There were not a whole lot of vegan options for breakfast here so I was a little disappointed at first. They did have a vegan menu posted. I ordered the rosemary bun with hummus and my hubby ordered the jalopeno bun with hummus. Both these items were amazing! You could tell items were homemade and they tasted delicious. The coffee was great too! Although not very many vegan items, the taste made up for it. The atmosphere and staff were also fun and friendly!

Pros: cool atmosphere, great coffee/food, friendly staff
Cons: Not a whole lot of vegan options
VeggiePinkoKat
VeggiePinkoKat

great vibe, decent veg food

3 Posted on 12 / 17 / 2007

good coffee, cute hangout, it's an old house transformed into a coffee shop w/ Oklahoma "hipster" staff and decent veggie food. We had curry and pumpkin pie, pretty good.

Pros: good coffee, good vegan sweets
Cons: food lacked pizazz, not much parking, doesn't accept Discover cards
critterina
critterina

my favorite place in okc

4 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2007

great coffee and atmosphere. the rainforest muffins are amazing. i believe they have a grilled cheese and apple sandwich there which is quite good.

Pros: muffins, coffee

Dear Owner and Manager of Red Cup Coffee House: