Large market providing natural, organic, vegan, vegetarian, fairtrade and special diet products. With 10,000+ products. more-less
37 Broughton St
Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 3JU
0131-5571911

Mon-Fri 8:00am-9:00pm, Sat 9:00am-6:30pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm

First Review by Stevie
LauraFox95
LauraFox95

Good selection of speciality items

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2015

I'm not sure why, but they don't stock Alpro almond milk, which you can get in places like Tesco. One of the few places that you can find specific items like Violife, Vegusto, or Tofutti in Edinburgh, and this place has the best range of each brand.

A bit on the pricey side, but good for a treat, especially with so much choice! Also they have a 5% (I think?) student discount if you show a student card.
Updated from previous review on Saturday September 05, 2015

Pros: Great selection, Student discount
Cons: Price
corinal
corinal

Lots of vegan staples

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2015

This is the best natural foods market we found in Edinburgh. We got many of our staples there: Oatley cream, cocoa powder, etc. However, the puff pastry was actually not vegan (though it is at the regular stores) and the ready made fridge food was dry and boring. We will definitely go back to stock up on vegan specialty items.

Pros: Good range of products
Cons: Boring ready-made food
craigmc
craigmc

magic

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

great selection of veggie foods. from fresh to frozen.
Lots of organic foods and drinks, including wine and beer.
you can even get your baby foods.
good staff who are willing to order things for you if required. a good range of supplements and plenty raw deserts,

fantastic bread. Real food rocks

Pros: good selection, fresh, staff

SilviaStierli
SilviaStierli

Friendly shop

Posted on 06 / 07 / 2013

This shop has a lot to offer and a wide range of products. The staff is very helpful, which I needed because it is a bit chaotic and I had troubles to find what I was looking for. However, they have so many things to offer that I can find something I've never tried before every time I go there, and temptation to buy and try all these things is huge.
Check out their chocolates, they have many yummy vegan choices :)

Pros: Product range, Friendly Staff, Location
Cons: A little bit chaotic
shanery
shanery

Best shop for veggies

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2013

This place is excellent with a big range of options for vegans to try and stock up on. Real Foods is one of the big things I'll miss about not living in Edinburgh anymore.

They have a slighly complicated discount system for students, (5% off some goods but not goods already discontented) which the staff have on a few occassions miscalculated.

Pros: Range of options, friendly staff
Cons: Miscalculating discounts
imogenmichel
imogenmichel

My favourite food shop in Edinburgh!

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2013

I go here very often to do my food shopping because they have such an amazing range of vegan produce, especially the amazing Sojade fruit yoghurts and vegan ice creams as well as vegan chocolate of all shades! Many of their products are slightly on the pricey side but it's all very good quality and delicious.

Pros: Great vegan selection, Good quality
Senkenberg
Senkenberg

Best Vegan/Veggie Products Shop in Scotland

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2011

Slightly bigger than their other store in Brougham Street, but that's good too. Amazing choice, helpful staff. Can't fault it.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Well stocked natural store, many nooks and crannie

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2009

At first glimpse it doesn't seem like a lot, but then you find a few pockets and realize this is a well stocked natural food's store. Really well located, too! I can't imagine you won't find what you are looking for or close to it here!

hack_man
hack_man

Extremely well stocked

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2008

Some great products here tightly packed in what is quite a large shop. Prices can be steep, unless you can find some special offers but I suppose that's how it is with independent shops. I cannot fault the huge range of foods and toiletries etc, there are things I have never seen before available here. Some of the organic vegetables look a bit ropey but they come straight from the earth and I'm sure they'd be fine if prepared on the day of purchase. Over all, a nice shop in a cool part of the city.

Pros: range, location
Cons: price
Stevie
Stevie

Real Foods, Edinburgh

Posted on 02 / 19 / 2008

Good choice health food shop at the top of Broughton St in Central Edinburgh. Open 7 days a week. Staff were helpful and pleasant enough. Plenty for vegan veggies.

Pros: Good choice / Very vegan veggie friendly, central, Open 7 days

Dear Owner and Manager of Real Foods: