CLOSED: Rawstar

Brooklyn raw food restaurant cafe. Serving live vegan food. Moved from 687 Washington Ave. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, American
681 Washington Ave (Prospect and St Marks Pl)
Brooklyn, New York 10451
718-975-0304

First Review by stokedonspokes
Lovelife
Lovelife

• raw

Best Raw Food Ever Love, Love, Love

5 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2011

I Love This Place from the First Time I walked in 3yrs ago Then I had the food omg, Then I meet the Chef Mawule Jobe- Simon and that was it for me, it's a Family business and they are such nice people Mawule took the time to tell me all about the food that I was having which was Lasagna and Hi Green Salad the Lasagna was warm and mouth watering good it's there weekend special and the salad so so fresh and crunchy the way I love my salad it also had a dressing that was made from cashews and red bell peppers. The place was a bit to small but the moved into a bigger space 2 doors down and the new spot is so Beautiful I feel at home. If you haven't been to Rawstar yet then your missing alot visit this place and get the experience I had, It's really great.

Pros: Excellent Food , Friendly Staff, Healthy Cusine
Loulou
Loulou

funky friendly Carribean restaurant

5 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2011

We are so glad we made the trip out of Manhattan to try this place. It's a funky friendly Caribbean style restaurant. The menu was massive - and completely raw - and such a lovely ambiance. We tried the pizza deluxe and tempeh (raw) and curry sauce both which I would highly recommend. Definitely worth the short trip to Brooklyn.

Pros: friendly, large creative menu
peterfc10
peterfc10

special local place

4 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2010

bottom line --- i would definitely go back and was very impressed with the creativity and integrity of the food. It's obviously prepared with a lot of love and care, and it's very unique. And a great value -- like the other reviewer said, you would pay twice as much for creative raw food meals in Manhattan.
Unfortunately, it was almost totally empty when we went there. It's obviously run on shoestring and the decor shows. It needs some good management.
this place is funky to the extreme. in both the good and bad sense. So I hope it makes it, unique local places like this are rare.

Pros: Great food, Low Prices, Unique menu
Cons: uneven (but very friendly) service, dingy decor - funky, but too decrepit, empty
stokedonspokes
stokedonspokes

best vegan food in brooklyn

5 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2010

after the unfortunate fall of Veggie Castle, a void was left in my heart for my favorite vegan food in NYC. But visiting the my once-home of Brooklyn I was fortunate to discover a Rawstar, which may very well take the cake. The plantains are out of this world! Everything else is also very delicious, and not to mention relatively affordable. You could go to a raw restaurant across the East River and pay twice as much for half the amount of food, or you could eat here and get the same quality and better quantity. They don't rely on nuts that much which is great for someone with brazil nut and pecan allergies (which are used often in raw food). Plus the owners are some of the nicest guys ever. Keep up the good work!

Pros: accessable raw food, healthy and tasty, friendly staff
Cons: no locations on the West Coast

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Rawstar: