Rawlicious - Yorkville

The second location for Rawlicious raw vegan restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Toronto. Raw pizza, wraps, pad thai, desserts, and more. No wheat, dairy, or refined sugar in the food. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by veggiewoman
RobynLewis
RobynLewis

Just Okay

3 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2013

I went to Rawlicious with a friend of mine last year I believe, and I ordered the Caesar salad. You see, I ordered this because the Caesar at Hogtown Vegan was delicious, and I wanted to try it out somewhere else. It is pretty exciting to be able to find vegan Caesar salads in my opinion. It was fairly tasty, but not up to the quality I would have liked for the price. I would be open to try Rawlicious out again, but they are kind of pricey.

Pros: Great Area, Quiet
Cons: Pricey, Staff were not very attentive, Mediocre Caesar Salad
maulydaft
maulydaft

shakes and faux chicken salad

5 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2013

I already wrote a great review about the (now) Bloor location. I live closer to the Yorkville one now and all I have to say is COOKIE SHAKE and their supremely wonderful previously pop up on the menu faux chicken salad sandwich is now a seasonal item which means I can go in have it all the time instead of HOPING it will be on the menu. LOVE IT!

saveur
saveur

Just as good as the Junction location

4 Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

My review is the same as the location in the Junction. The only difference is the upper scale ambiance.

This is where I first tried raw food. It was a lovely introduction. However, I find their mains a bit heavy. Love their guac onion sandwich, though. Their smoothies are all really good and their raw cheesecakes are to-die for.

brooder
brooder

Mediocre food, extremely overpriced

2 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2011

Although I have been vegan for many years, this was my first visit to a raw food restaurant in Toronto. If this restaurant is representative of the "raw vegan" scene, it may be my last.

I ordered the "warm pizza" along with a "side salad". The pizza was barely room temperature and quite crumbly. I found its taste bland and mediocre. The salad was no better than anything one could obtain at a mall food court.

The portion sizes were small (as were those of my dining companions). However, the prices are ridiculously high. My order somehow totaled in excess of $20.00.

Unfortunately, other than the decor and ambiance of this place (quite nice), I have nothing positive to say about this restaurant. I will not be back.

Pros: Pleasant decor
Cons: Small portions, Mediocre food, Very overpriced
Ken4057
Ken4057

Humble menu

3 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2011

Not half as exciting as LIVE or a tenth as good as Raw Aura in Mississauga, but good service, pretty decor and calm atmosphere (which was almost, but not successfully, ruined by obnoxious yuppie diners).

My ladyfriend and I had the nori rolls, chocominty smoothie and taco wrap.

The smoothie was incredibly light and frothy. I was expecting something more substantial and thick. Meh.

The taco wrap was fantastic but very difficult to eat.

I'll be back.

veggiewoman
veggiewoman

pretty good food, expensive

3 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2011

I asked what was most popular (pad thai and taco wrap), so I ordered the taco wrap. It was tiny, and that was in light of the face that I've been to several raw places and know the portions are often on the small size. I also ordered a raw brownie (quite large). The total was $19.20 for what looked like a very small amount of food.

The wrap and brownie were pretty good, though not amazing, but I would definitely have them again... if it weren't for the price. The Yorkville location could be driving up the price, so I would check out the other Rawlicious location to see if it is a bit more reasonably priced.

Nice atmosphere, quite a bit of seating. A good place to stop in for lunch if you are in the area.

Pros: healthy, tastes good
Cons: expensive, small portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Rawlicious - Yorkville: