Raw food restaurant featuring an organic and vegan menu consisting of fully raw appetizers, soups, salads, main entrees, smoothies, fresh juices, and desserts. No wheat, dairy, or refined sugar in the food. Casual nice modern interior with artwork display. Local musicians delight diners on some Friday and/or Saturday nights playing on a baby grand piano. Inside is also a small retail section that features some raw essentials. Located near High Park subway station exit Clendenan. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, Organic, Western, American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm

First Review by ajumenai
michaellanfield
michaellanfield

Not my favourite place, but not a bad place!

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2014

The overall feel of the place is nice, food is pretty good, but overall I am not happy with almost any raw vegan restaurants for many reasons. First of they do not educate anyone with vegan leaflets or vegan information. Secondly even though the food is pretty good, they give you very little for the cost of the food. I went in and spent nearly $35 and was still a bit hungry. Also most of the food is high in fat and they have very little fruit options. It would be nice if they served bigger portions and kept the fat a little lower.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 01, 2014

Pros: Very tastey food, Very clean restaurant, See how the food is prepared
Cons: Very expensive, Not enough food, No vegan educational materials
vallonicka
vallonicka

Fantastic food, tastes like home

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

If you are looking for raw food in Toronto, this is the place, hands down. We had the raw tacos, and pasta dish, both were amazing, and tasted like I prepared them myself. Very clean, strong flavors, with fantastic drinks also. A bit outside the city, but well worth it if you are seeking truly raw food.

Pros: Fantastic Raw Offerings
vtraveller
vtraveller
+1927

Excellent raw food

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2012

I was very impressed with the presentation and flavors here. The spring rolls were yummy and I even ate the remaining dip straight as it was so good. The smoothie was a little watery, but still quite good.

Pros: Delicious food, Nice presenations

deborahanne02
deborahanne02

Wonderful Experience

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2012

I have eaten at Rawlicious on Bloor and Yonge two times now and both experiences were wonderful. The atmosphere is beautiful, service is friendly and helful with selections all this with fantastic food. Wonderful introduction to raw food for myself and I will definitely be frequenting this restaurant again and again. p.s. The raw cheesecake is absolutely one of the best deserts that I have ever eaten in my life............ Debbie, Goderich

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly and helpful service, Fantastic food and best cheeseckae ever
Cons: I need to know how to make the cheesecak
Carley
Carley

Simply amazing

Posted on 04 / 01 / 2012

Thw rawich with "eggnog" smoothie and superfood cookie is a meal I will never forget! This place is doing it right for sure. YUM!

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Organic
Cons: Expensive
saveur
saveur

Nice raw food

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

This is where I first tried raw food. It was a lovely introduction. However, I find their mains a bit heavy. Love their guac onion sandwich, though. Their smoothies are all really good and their raw cheesecakes are to-die for. Ambiance at the location in the Junction is more low-key. The room in the back, where you sit on the pillows, is fabulous.

jedzen
jedzen

Pretty place!

Posted on 03 / 31 / 2010

The food you get there is really fresh and nice to try. We had the lettuce wraps with salad, and raw pastas. The smoothies had nice descriptions and looked yummy, but were a bit bland ( maybe that was just a bad day ) and the desserts were amazing. We had a moka pie, and raw vanilla ice cream with cocoa nibs. What i liked the most about this place is how cute it looks. Paintings, pretty chairs, and a really nice outside garden in the backyard. Also, the service was more than friendly. The girl gave us a warm welcome, helped us with our choices and was quick to check if everything was ok. I would love to go back to try more dishes, enjoy their desserts again, and give another chance to the smoothies!

Ken4057
Ken4057

Full of Love

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2010

When my partner and I came here for a late lunch, I experienced no less than 5 visual and aural references to love in less than 60 seconds. Love overload.

Segueing lamely, The food was taste overload. We had the spring rolls, the special pasta, and the daily (weekly?) special, which was a kind of cashew cheese, mushroom and tomato layered lasagna-type dish with a salad.

All were gorgeous. The rolls were chilled, fresh, and served with a creamy, thousand island dressing tasting dip. The special pasta came with buckwheat neatballs, spiralized zucchini and a ton of bolognese sauce. I miss it already. The daily special was delightful, too, but you'll probably never experience it, so I won't describe it, except to say that they clearly have an adventurous chef.

We had macaroons and sprouted cookies for desert, and were stuffed and spoiled by the end.

Clean place with lots of personality, reasonable prices.

Can't wait to go back!

Pros: fresh, clean, friendly
Cons: one tiny washroom RIGHT by the tables
TVB
TVB

Rawyummy!

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2010

I love this place. It is quaintand the food is delicious!!! I love the outdoor patio at the back in the summertime.

Pros: Great Food, Great Service, Great Atmosphere
Cons: Pricy
Changra
Changra
  • raw

Best dining experience thus far!

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2010

Delicious food and even yummier gentleman who served me last week. The mushroom lasagna was flavourful and hearty, and the mint chocolate icecream was creamy and smooth. Ambience is incredible, with a Dido soundtrack setting the mood in this cozy space. Everything about this experience is amazing, i'll be a returning customer for the food, and atmosphere: nice on the palate and easy on the eyes! ;-)

Roubiere
Roubiere

wonderful desserts

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2009

This is a small friendly place. We went early one weekday evening, and had 3 entrees between the three of us. We had the Special Pasta Bolognese for $12, and 2 pizzas for $9 each (I'll upload photos above). The food was tasty (a little salty for some) and we found the portions plenty. We took away some desserts to sample and they were delicious, and in fact, stood out much more than the entrees- so I'd definitely recommend leaving room for a dessert or taking one for later! Very expensive so good for a special occasion or if you want to try out raw food.

Pros: friendly
Cons: expensive
Rosalita
Rosalita

Excellent.

Posted on 09 / 23 / 2009

This restaurant is wonderful, the food and cakes are delicious and the staff is super friendly. I would really recommend this place!

Pros: good food, friendly staff, nice decour
maulydaft
maulydaft

wonderful

Posted on 08 / 17 / 2009

I've eat a numerous things here and all of it was good, and a good chunk of it was simply amazing. They have the best pizza in the city. And I am comparing it to great baked pizza too. It's just draw droppingly good. Their drinks, while a little expensive, are extremely tasty too. They didn't even give me trouble when I told them I was allergic to bananas.
The ice creem I had there the other day - Vanilla Cardamom - it's a top 5 out of all the ice creem in my life. SUPER flavorful and creamy. I just moved closer - I'm a happy gal :)

Pros: nice space, amazing food , desserts!
Cons: expensive (but not expensive for raw) , a little out of the way
jennyvicious
jennyvicious

RAWLICIOUS...zen garden of yummy eats.

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2009

rawlicious is one of those places that blows you away the first time you eat there. the patio is like a garden of zen...i find myself craving not only their simple raw foods, but the serene environment they have shaped. on my last visit one of the owners (?) was peacefully out back painting a large canvas, music softly playing and a water feature gently trickling in the corner. if you haven't yet visited rawlicious, i urge you to do so during the summer months to soak in their blissful back patio. food is great, desserts are to die for and the servers are sweet.

BTW- anyone interested in FREE VEGAN CUPCAKES should come on down to my show right across from HIBISCUS on Augusta Ave. this Friday July 17th, 2009. We will be there with a slew of homemade vegan treats...for vegans and non vegans alike, it's your chance to taste how treat like animal product free goodies can be!

xo jenny
THE VICIOUS GUNS

Pros: Beautiful Setting, Great Desserts, Friendly Service
Cons: Slightly out of the way
PlanetEarth
PlanetEarth

Quality over quantity

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2009

Delicious lasagna, wraps, desserts!
Great philosophy, atmosphere, decor...
Would come back if i lived in Toronto

Pros: everything
Cons: might seem pricey
Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

The Top of List in Toronto (& elsewhere)

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2009

I don't think these folks know how to make a bad or mediocre meal. Everything is fantastic. I'm not going to give details. You need to try it for yourself.

Guest
Guest

unforgettable !

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

One of the best raw restaurant. It could finally convince you to become a raw foodist. All the meal was so delicious, since the smooties until the dessert. Go over there, you could not have regrets of that.

Pros: open kitchen, amazing staff, decoration
Cons: so far of downtown...
stillmedia
stillmedia

super yummy!

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2009

a wonderful little restaurant i discovered last spring before leaving for a year abroad. i ate there 3 times, and thoroughly enjoyed my food each time. yummy zucchini pasta with marinara sauce, fantastic dips with raw crackers, really great fruit/nut cereal bowl and ridiculously delicious desserts, i am overseas still and think often of the raw strawberry ice cream. super friendly staff, and a really nice environment. even though it is not central, it is really worth visiting.

Pros: excellent food, unhurried service, interesting dishes
Cons: not all menu items always available
powergyoza
powergyoza
  • raw

Great addition to Toronto's raw eatery scene

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2008

Causual eatery-cafe serves up great dishes at very reasonable prices. Really enjoyed the trio of dips. Rawich is one of my favourites. Zucchini pasta was a little bitter with the skin, but staff says it's not always so. The choco monkey smoothie was yum. Love the atmosphere, especially the back room!

Pros: friendly, relaxed, tasty
ajumenai
ajumenai

Check it out!

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2008

A small, but friendly cafe with a great feel to it! Staff are friendly and helpful. They have a juicebar, raw menu and an infrared sauna in the basement for those of you who want to spend a little more time there. Complete with shower! Enjoy an after sauna juice on your way home. I've been there a couple times and will be going back for sure!

Pros: Good food, spiritual, great desserts

Dear Owner and Manager of Rawlicious - Bloor West:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Toronto page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/08/22