CLOSED: Rawlicious - NYC

Raw food vegan restaurant originating from Canada. Offers organic raw food, organic wine & beer. Seats 60. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, All Raw, American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery
249 Centre St (Broome, in SoHo, Manhattan)
New York City, New York 10013
212-226-5200

Open Mon-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 11am-9pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by BostonVegan
VeganHumanist
VeganHumanist

Outstanding

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2013

Exquisite cuisine, and very creative. Gives the famous Candle restaurants in NYC a run for the money, plus the raw twist (but you needn't be a raw foodist to go away satisfied). With a downtown vibe, but spacious. Attentive and enthusiastic staff as well.

Ajolote
Ajolote

beautiful space, good service

Posted on 09 / 23 / 2013

While walking around SoHo I got hungry and was craving a salad. I found this beautiful restaurant and couldn't resist to eat here. The place is very nicely decorated and it is very spacious. I ordered the Mexicali salad. Delicious! Thank goodness the portions are reasonable! It he staff is very friendly.

Pros: spacious, fresh, friendly
Dalibor
Dalibor

nothing special

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

I tryed the "famous" and recomanded raw pizza in those restaurant and I must tell that it is nothing special. In the NY exist a much better raw food restaurant with realy delicius pizza.
Servis was "plastic kindly"
I recived the bill without asking me if I wish a dessert.

Veggies12345
Veggies12345

one of the best restaurants I've been to

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2013

Love, love, loved this place! So healthy, so tasty, they do everything so perfectly. Excellent service, amazing food and very healthy. I cannot speak more highly of this place. More on the expensive side (for America, not for UK/Aus etc), but so totally worth it!

Pros: Yummy, Healthy, Excellent service
leslienyc
leslienyc

Get the Pizza

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2013

Everything is raw and vegan so I can have everything on the menu.
Love the pizza!
They have juice bar where the juice is pressed fresh (not prepackaged).
They offer desserts and smoothies as well.

I usually go during lunch time and can always get a table.

Pros: Never crowded during lunch, Filtered water, Friendly Staff
Cons: Nacho Platter is not really a platter
greenhexi
greenhexi

Good, yummy food and good service

Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

Still not many customers it seems...
Was here twice for lunch before Christmas. Service is quick, food also quick for raw. Location relaxing and I wouldn't have minded to stay longer... Salad fresh, food also looks fresh (had the burrito, was good), no big portions but when you also want to have a slice of their awesome cheese cake for desert, this is good... also had the zucchini noodles which I also know from home and I did not like them much (but fresh and nothing really to complain).
For me, raw vegan restaurant are the best as there is no fake stuff and all you eat is healthy so, suitable for every day.
I hope they get more customers and stay in business...

BostonVegan
BostonVegan

Excellent new raw vegan restaurant in NYC

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2012

They are in soft opening (July 2012), so they haven't advertised yet. Serendipitously, I was in the area and it showed up on my Happy Cow iPhone app. There were not many people in there due to the soft opening, so it's hard to rate the service---I had the waitress to myself! Raw food, being slow food, took a bit to arrive but I was not in a hurry, and it's set up as a relaxed dining place, not a quick in and out.

The decor is very nice and upscale, like Pure Food and Wine.

I had a juice, the corn tacos, and a cinnamon bun. The tacos were very nicely done, with a flavorful and just-right spiciness in the walnut "black beans". The cinnamon bun, well, I just didn't want it to end :-)

I'm glad that all-vegan restaurants are creeping further south in Manhattan. I'll be back.

Pros: decor, staff, food
Cons: boring street view

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Rawlicious - NYC: