Raw food cuisine restaurant, opened Jul 2013. Food is gluten-free. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, All Raw, Canadian, Western, Fusion, Juice bar, Take-out

JGagliardi_
JGagliardi_

Not Balanced

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2014

Went to Rawlicious hoping it would be as good as Thrive Juice Bar. However, it's flavours and consistencies were not balanced. aging tried several dishes, I have come to the conclusion that this restaurant carries high prices with not so high customer satisfaction. Being a HCLF Vegan, most dishes were too watered down and that is saying a lot as my daily water content is very high.

If I were to go there again I recommend the juices or smoothies and not as much the dishes.
Cheers :)

Pros: Mostly Healthy Vegan, friendly customer service, lovely location
Cons: High fat content sauces, watered down dishes, Good juices
dorisrumours
dorisrumours

good desserts but a bit pricey

Posted on 05 / 31 / 2014

We stopped by on a spring night to treat ourselves to some vegan dessert. It's nice to have a lot of vegan desserts to choose from and the display cabinet showed about 8 different possibilities. We tried the carrot ball ($2), the key lime tart ($5) and the cinnamon bun ($5). The cinnamon was the favourite. It is about the size of a large donut hole so you're paying quite a bit for it but it was very tasty. The carrot ball was also good - spicy and sweet. The tart was our least favourite and again, at $5, it is pretty pricey for a small tart. The tart pastry was good (like shortbread) but the lime filling was underwhelming - bland. With one glass of their fresh almond milk, the total for the three desserts was $18. Will go back to try a meal.

Pros: noce selection of vegan desserts, tasty, very helpful, pleasant service
Cons: pricey, somewhat sterile decor
hilarityensues
hilarityensues

Lovely place, Not so great value, Okay Taste

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2013

To be honest, I only came here for take away lunch because the Wild Organic Way Cafe just a few stores down shut down, and I didn't know! :( Too bad.

The service at Rawlicious was friendly, helpful, and very gracious and apologetic as they were a little busy.

I understand when you eat out you pay for convenience and atmosphere, but I was shocked at what my total came to. As a frequent home cooker I felt I would rather put in the effort to recreate the same dishes for significantly less cost and way more flavour.

I munched on their Cheesy Kale Chips while waiting for my order (Pretty tasty and moderately good value!), I got the Tropical Green Smoothie (watery, bland, only tasted banana), Spring Rolls with 'Tangy' Thai dipping sauce (spring rolls tasted just like julienne veg with cilantro and that's it, thai sauce was okay but very mild), Don’t be Chicken Sandwich (taste was better, my favourite of the bunch, but on the small side for the price, VERY sticky with an alfalfa sprouts overdose and a little difficult to swallow), and a side salad with tahini garlic dressing (basic spring mix with a table spoon each of onion and tomato, dressing had a nice zip).

Obviously I was pretty hungry :P so I was really disappointed when my total came to $45 and upon returning home and eating I was not only underwhelmed by most of the flavours, but also not completely satiated by the portions given. I may give them the benefit of the doubt and partially attribute the parts I found dissatisfying to the fact that A) It was take away, and B) it was about an hour or so between purchasing the food and my actual eating of it.
I would be willing to try them again, except maybe actually dining in, and having some extra splurge money to foot the bill.
Updated from previous review on Saturday September 07, 2013

Updated from previous review on Saturday September 07, 2013

Pros: Friendly Staff, Bright, Clean, Calm, Inviting Atmosphere
Cons: Mediocre Food, Smaller portions, Pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of Rawlicious - Guelph: