Rawk Star Cafe and Marketplace

Raw food eatery and superfood marketplace. Offers tea, to-go items, organic in-house made raw chocolates, desserts, and snacks. Honey is the non-veg item used and sold. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, All Raw, Organic, American, Take-out

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by OhanaCafe
Miker
Miker

A Wonderful Lunch at Rawk Star Cafe!

5 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2014

Nearly noon, visiting Dunedin, and my wife and I were getting hungry. Checking Happycow, I found we were just 15 minutes from an organic raw restaurant! (Or would have been with accurate guidance, but the directions showed it south of Tampa Rd., instead of just north, where it actually is.) There's a counter along one wall, with some seating and large menu boards on the wall, and small tables along the other wall. As we stood looking at the menu boards, one server pointed out that the other server was reviewing the menu with another customer, so we joined the seminar. She gave us each small tastes of several menu items - very tasty! - reviewed menu options and answered any questions we had. Like many raw restaurants, some items were composed largely of nuts, while we prefer veggie ingredients as well. Not to worry, they have that, too. I had the Raw Burger Platter and my wife ordered the Raw Pizza Slice, both of which had lots of vegetables and more seeds than nuts, and lots of flavor and texture. The Burger Platter had a unique "dehydrated onion ring" on each of the two small sandwiches, which was really more like a small onion slice dried to a surprisingly crispy state. When the owner brought our order, he advised that even though they set it on top, like a garnish, he likes it when it's put inside, and I agree! The pizza slice came practically hidden under an avalanche of shredded carrot (a good thing, we like carrots), and the thin crust was so crisp that when I tasted it I wondered aloud about how long they must have dehydrated it to achieve that texture.

The server was delightful - she brought small samples of their delicious Orange Screamsicle smoothie while we waited - and the owner was friendly and fun. The prices are not low, but very reasonable given the labor- and time-intensiveness of raw food, and the quality and taste of the food. I just wish Rawk Star Café was close to where we live!

Pros: Food quality and taste, Friendly, inviting people, Reasonable raw food prices
Cons: Not near my house!
pdapit
pdapit

OMG Raw Vegan Pizza

5 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2013

One of the only things I miss since becoming vegan is pizza. This place really fulfills that craving for me. Check it out - so yummy!

Pros: raw, fresh, creative
Cons: price - but not terrible
BeachBabe
BeachBabe

Bursting with flavor!

5 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2013

This was my very first ever raw vegan meal at a restaurant. I ordered the tacos and was amazed that they were the most delicious tacos I had ever had, and without meat or dairy!! Definitely worth visiting again and again. The owners are friendly and if they aren't too busy they are happy to chat and answer any questions you have about raw eating. They also have a small selection of gourmet raw vegan packaged items available for purchase.

ozmangolfer
ozmangolfer

• raw

Rawking Goodness!!

5 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2013

This was the third raw vegan place I have been and I was very happy with EVERYTHING!! Service was awesome had some great conversations with the owners and the food was great. I had a rawk star wrap and a side of their "chili" and it was lip smacking. I had a great smoothie as well and to top off the meal the lucema ice cream with mulberries and goji berries. I would highly suggest this place for anyone raw or vegan or not!!

Pros: Service, Price, Atmosphere
GigglingPixie
GigglingPixie

Yummy RAW VEGAN food & great service!

5 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2013

Yummy & nice selection of raw vegan food. Restaurant is clean & portions are fair. Owners work the restaurant & give top notch customer service.

Pros: excellent food, nice selection, clean & friendly staff

hurricane_an
hurricane_an

Total gut

5 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2013

Ich bin Veganerin und habe wahrend meines Urlaubes in Clearwater Beach im Rawk Star Cafe gegessen und war sehr begeistert. Die Leute sind total nett, erklaren alles und das Essen war total gut. Hier wird Vegan Roh (vegan raw) serviert. Ich kann es nur jedem Veganer der hier in der Gegend auf Reisen ist empfehlen.

Liebe Grüsse, macht weiter so!
Updated from previous review on Friday January 18, 2013

Pros: lecker, gesund, freundlich
valerieelizabeth
valerieelizabeth

friendly, delicious raw cafe

5 Posted on 12 / 20 / 2012

This place was just so great! I had the raw pizza with the rawghetti and it was amazing. Also, when I first walked in the owner was willing to talk with me about the many options on the menu and even let me try some of the things before I ordered anything. The staff is all super friendly and helpful and the food was absolutely delicious, even for a new vegan like me.

Pros: helpful staff, yummy!, beautiful
Cons: slightly pricey
squabattack
squabattack

Wonderful for vegans, good for omnis/vegetarians

5 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2012

I have been to the Rawk Star Cafe three or four times now and each time have absolutely loved my food (I've had their pizza, their rawgetti, lucuma ice scream, jackfruit ice scream, a banana/strawberry/hemp milk smoothie, a cacao smoothie, a slice of raw cheezecake, some raw truffles, several of their wraps, and most recently, their "burger" platter). With that said, two of the girls I've gone with- one who was a junk food vegetarian at the time and another who was an omnivore into healthy eating- were not too fond of their savory dishes, such as the raw pizza. They did, however, adore the smoothies, truffles, and raw ice scream. (All of which are VERY, VERY good!) In terms of service, the Rawk Star is quick and the staff is wonderfully friendly. I highly recommend it, but you may need a certain level of familiarity with healthy food in order to enjoy their meals (excluding sweets).

Pros: Delicious dessert, Healthy food, friendly staff
Cons: Somewhat pricey
nancyisorganic
nancyisorganic

They know how to do raw right!

5 Posted on 03 / 26 / 2012

We stopped here on the way north from Clearwater and it was such a refreshing respite. They have an amazing selection of freshly prepared salads, wraps, raw spaghetti, smoothies, juices and also raw products to purchase. We had the "egg salad" wrap which was wrapped in a collard green. It was so good and really didn't taste like some boring nut pates I've had before, it tasted more like real egg salad! (or at least more like a tofu egg salad since I don't eat eggs). And my husband had a salad topped with fresh slices of avocado and their raw house dressing which I think was olive oil, apple cider vinegar and herbs. We also got a blueberry "cheesecake" to go and it was heavenly. They really know how to make raw taste good. The staff is super knowledgeable and friendly too.

Pros: expert raw preparation, fresh food, wide selection
Cons: on a busy highway
TheConvenientVegan
TheConvenientVegan

Fabulous

5 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2012

My first raw food restaurant, but utterly delicious. Friendly cooks, great atmosphere. I want to take them home with me!

Pros: Great food, Friendly owners, Snacks to go
Luca
Luca

wonderful cafe

5 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2011

I recently went here and had the hibiscus iced tea and the raw pizza. Both were phenomenal but the pizza was actually gorgeous to look at, let alone eat. Other patrons there had smoothies, salads and wraps and everything looked good. I plan on frequenting there once a week to enjoy the food and support their business.

Pros: very friendly staff, fresh food, great presentation
Cons: more items on the menu would be nice
ElaineMc
ElaineMc

• raw

Great Casual Raw Cafe

5 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2011

Visited Rawk Star this past week and loved it. The owner was very friendly and happy to share recipes and raw techniques. The raw pizza was awesome. We also liked the collard wraps with cashew cream and the tart Lemon cha-cha. The place is super clean! We live in Tallahassee but will definitely eat there again when we return in August.

Pros: great food, friendly atmosphere, very clean
trixieface
trixieface

Really Nice

5 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2011

The people that run this place are super friendly and love to get to know you. They are more than happy to answer questions about raw food or make suggestions. Their dehydrated raw foods are awesome, so is their ice cream, smoothies, and teas. This place is pricy but it's awesome!

Pros: nice people, good food, clean place
OhanaCafe
OhanaCafe

Yummy! :-)

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2010

I met my friends here one evening for dinner! Absolutely loved it!!! My favorite was the raw pizza! I also had a hibiscus iced tea that was wonderful!!! Looking forward to my next visit! Yummy!!! :-)

Pros: Nice atomosphere, Friendly staff, Healthy

Dear Owner and Manager of Rawk Star Cafe and Marketplace: