Vegan except for honey. Serves light vegan and raw food, fresh juices, kombucha. Has a small retail area. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Raw, Western, Juice bar
Str Putul lui Zamfir 50-52
Bucharest, Romania 011684
0784-203251

First Review by veggieriga
CharlesF.Radley
CharlesF.Radley

these guys are open on holidays !

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

this is the only vegan friendly place in Bucharest which is open on public holidays ! And the staff speak English !!!

Pros: open on public holidays, staff speak English
Chris Phillips Vegan
Chris Phillips Vegan

What a lovely surprise

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2014

Bucharest seems to excel in raw food diet restaurants. We visited here twice, and were served with food that most people would enjoy, possibly without realising it was all raw. It is naturally Vegan as well. They had a great variety of dishes too. They were welcoming, friendly and most spoke good English. The prices were very reasonable

DanimalPanda
DanimalPanda

100% RAW!

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2014

AMAZING restaurant/cafe. Impeccably clean, has wi-fi. Perfect for a traveler, or busy local trying to maintain a healthy diet, you can take the food on the go, it is ready to take away!

They have bio groceries as well as books and the staff is very kind and helpful in educating those wishing to adapt a raw diet.

I found this place while traveling, and was quite gladly surprised to find this raw "vegan" place. They sell honey, and use it in some recipes, but check again, perhaps they have changed this. I went in June 2013.

While on the road, it is cumbersome to read menus, and ask questions in other languages. Here, in this sanctuary I am so happy to have found, I ordered just about everything on the menu, which rotates often!

Try their desserts and fresh juices!

Pros: mostly vegan menu
Cons: they sell honey in their store section

veggieriga
veggieriga

Delicious food

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2013

I ate here about eight times while I was visiting Bucharest and if I had tried it earlier in my trip, I would have eaten there even more. The menu for the main courses changes weekly and the soup changes every day. They do not have any lunch specials, but if you subscribe to their menu for five days which includes raw bread, soup and a main course, it is 30 lei/day for 5 days, and 38 lei with dessert, but it is a minimum of five days. They also have a menu for a month, but I am not sure what the price for that is.

Some of the things I tried were the spring rolls, falafel, zucchini rolls, dolma, salad, coconut soup, mushroom soup and gazpacho. All were delicious except for the zucchini rolls, and mushroom soup which I thought were just ok.

All the food is premade, and you select the food that you want from the refrigerator, and if you want to eat there, then they will put it on plates for you. Unfortunately, they use honey in some of their main courses, desserts and drinks such as the goji lemonade. But they list the ingredients in the food on their website, so you can check ahead or ask them if things have honey. I also found the goji lemonade for 15 lei to be quite expensive, nevertheless, it was good, and so I ordered it a number of times.

At least when I was there, the cashew cheese stuffed peppers and zucchini rolls stuffed with cashew cheese remained on the menu from week to week. I did not try the stuffed peppers, but I tried the zucchini rolls. It would be great if rather than making only cashew cheese, they could also make some hard vegan cheeses. It might also be nice to stuff the peppers sometimes with lentils or mushrooms.

For one week, they had warm vegan soups, but I am not sure if they will continue that or not. Their warm lentil soup was good.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 02, 2013

Pros: delicious food, menu changes weekly, nice staff
Cons: foods are premade, offsite, paper bags for takeout break easily, drinks are expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Rawdia: