Serves meat, veg options available. Launched in 2013 within the boutique La Suite West Hotel, this is a contemporary style vegan friendly restaurant (reported not all veg). Offers vegan and raw cuisine, mocktails, afternoon tea. Breakfast is full English, continental or a la carte menu. Open to the public. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Western, English, British, Non-veg

LauraStone90
LauraStone90

Fairly Average

3 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2014

We visited Raw yesterday afternoon, and although the food which we had was nice, I feel that I've had larger portions, and ore expertly made, for the same money. I'm more than happy to invest in good food, but I just don't feel that this matched what I've had elsewhere. To have a full meal, you really do need to have a starter, main and dessert, although the chocolate cake, which my partner and I shared, was incredibly rich (and very delicious). I chose the Vegan sushi, and my other half had the tagliatelle.

Pros: Outdoor seating on the terrace, Nice food, Nice interior
Cons: Very small portions, Not the best raw Vegan food I've had
nojvegan
nojvegan

Is it Vegan?

2 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

They serve dead animal breakfast. Dead animals aren#'t vegan' this site doesn't allow less than two cows for a vegetarian restaurant, I wonder will this review be allowed.

Edent
Edent

Amazing - But Pricey

5 Posted on 05 / 25 / 2014

Not only vegan - many of the dishes are raw. Vietnamese Gazpacho was a spicy treat and served in a glass teapot! Main courses were equally tasty and inventive. Good range of non alcoholic cocktails. Dessert was a "cheese" cake with dates and orange. Marvellous!
Service was a bit indifferent considering is was a slow Sunday afternoon. The food more than made up for it.
Total cost for 7,including 3 courses and drinks, was £230. So a shade over £30 each. The venue is a little out of the way - which makes it all the more special.

Pros: Raw, Range , Mocktails
Cons: Service
gregadeth666
gregadeth666

Great!

5 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

Food was amazing. Staff very cool. Love this place and will come again for sure.

Pros: not too pricey , flavour of food, variety of food
Cons: no alcohol
Ajolote
Ajolote

please help save this place, it is delicious!

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2014

For some reason this restaurant is not getting all the foot traffic it deserves. Expensive? Not for a high class restaurant. The food is very high quality and delicious and the recipes crazy good.

I dined twice here last week and the place was nearly empty. I am afraid that it will be transformed into a place that serves flesh, so go and support them while filling your belly with the best high cuisine vegan food in London.

Try the gazpacho and the sea vegetable salad. For dessert, you cannot go wrong with the orange cheesecake. Yum!

T0
T0

very delicious

5 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2014

Very delicious food in nice upscale place. Especially the beetroot falafel were excellent. We'll be back soon.

ColletteFarnol
ColletteFarnol

I left hungry!

2 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2013

I decided to visit Raw for a special occasion and booked a table for three in advance. Raw was very easy to find, a short walk from Bayswater underground station. On arrival we were greeted at the door and led through two corridors. The interior design was very nice, all black and cream. When we got in to the restaurant, the place was dead, just the three of us. This was a thursday night. There was no music when we arrived, but soon after we sat down an array of relaxing music was played. We ordered drinks and starters, which arrived shortly after. The Passionfruit and almond mocktail was delicious and the carrot and coconut juice an unusual but tasty drink. Our starters of homemade hummus and sweet potato bread arrived. This was delicious, however there was only four very small slices of bread to one massive bowl of hummus. When our mains arrived we were all excited as the display of them was immaculate, however the taste did not satisfy. My boyfriend ordered the quinoa and mushroom burger and my mum the aubergine curry. The burger was bland and no flavour, my boyfriend mentioning he just tasted the bread and my mums curry was like soup, very runny. My main was dissapointing, I ordered the daikon ravioli, expecting a pasta ravioli filled with carrot and date pesto, I got a layer of pesto topped with some sort of sea cumumber which I later found out was Daikon, a member of the radish family. This was not clearly explained to me in the menu, and was not ravioli at all. My main was exchanged without questions as I did not like the ravioli, I had the collard wraps as a replacement. This was shocking, three cabbage leaves wrapped up with tiny carrot sticks, pepper and a cherry tomato inside. We were very dissapointed and asked for the bill straight away and left. We also got the idea that the restaurant was vegan for the wrong reasons, more for people with allergies than the main reasons of animal cruelty, environmental issues and world hunger.

Pros: Tasty mocktails, Good service, Nice interior and design
Cons: Small portions, Bland food, Expensive
robz
robz

An impressive high class vegan restaurant

5 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2013

As you turn the street corner approaching RAW, the bright verdant green sign screams out "VEGAN AND RAW FOOD" to you, but from then on things are far more subtle - the zen-like white minimalist entrance-hall leading you into a lowly-lit black lobby complete with a sleek hole-in-the-wall fireplace. Here the black-clad efficient staff greet you and guide you through a dark corridor to the restaurant, which sports a more modernist interior.

The wide-ranging menu is all vegan (I did spot one dish with "wasabi honey mustard" though) and raw dishes are marked with a symbol.

As befitting of the surroundings, you can tell that the dishes have been carefully designed, with oriental influences nestling alongside indo-asian and western-style options.

I opted for an all raw dinner, and accompanied this with a "power" smoothie of quinoa, pumpkin seeds, banana and blueberries which was delicious. Other lighter juices and mocktails were also on offer.

My starter of zucchini rolls was presented on a slate tile and looked like burning candles with the marinated slither of red pepper sticking out of the top forming the wick. The taste was superbly pure, with each of the ingredients in turn imparting its flavour, although the pickled ginger on the side did blast that all away!

The raw daikon ravioli main had a more subtle taste, with the slight sweetness of the daikon (which I think had been somehow combined with dates?) balanced by the carrot and basil pesto and decorated with edible flower petals enhancing the light air to the dish.

A side salad of sliced celeriac and leaves dressed with a truffle sauce and pomegranate seeds was a perfect combination.

Finally, I could not resist trying the orange and chocolate raw "cheesecake" which was divine, set upon a base of date and almonds.

Service was professional, attentive and at the same time friendly.

In summary, RAW is definitely a place to go to impress or romance, or to just enjoy high quality and creative vegan/raw food in a serene setting. The range of items on the menu is enticing me to plan my next visit very soon.

I do wonder what the "mainstream" hotel guests think of their hotel restaurant offering what for most will seem like a strange a radical menu ;p
Updated from previous review on Tuesday October 29, 2013

Pros: high quality creative food, refined setting, excellent service
Cons: more expensive, but worth it
SardegnaVacanze
SardegnaVacanze

just amazing

5 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2013

A wonderful restaurant for Vegans and Vegetarians and for those who enjoy eating high quality healthy and raw foods. The dinner menu is diverse and full of an array of mouthwatering delicious dishes that will appeal to all tastebuds.
I took the Papaya papardelle and also tasted the Quinoa Burger with Sweet Potato Bread both of which were delightful !
I highly recommend La Suite West to any vegetarian foodie who is searching for a quiet and zen restaurant.
Special features: romance, fit for foodies, special occasions, good vegetarian options, outstanding value, afternoon tea, pre/post theatre
I would recommend this to a friend

Dear Owner and Manager of Raw: