Western Style coffee bar offering pasta, sandwiches, soups and cakes plus all the kinds of coffee. Has vegan and vegetarian options. RAW stands for real and wholesome. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, American, Western

First Review by Rachel Joseph
Rachel Joseph
Rachel Joseph

Don't Bother

2 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2013

I was drawn to visit RAW as it serves vegetarian food. The meals were around 15rm each and I was able to try 5 items from the menu (there were 5 of us). For the sandwiches, gluten free bread is an option however it was revolting and also so crumbly that I couldn't pick up and eat my sandwich as a sandwich. The filling was tasty but nothing exciting. We tried 2 types of soup and both were very bland. One pasta dish, the pasta was not properly cooked and the pesto had no flavour and a tangine that was like something a student might make out of left overs. There were no soft drinks available for purchase. The staff were unhelpful. I asked for directions to the bathroom. Was directed there only to arrive there and find it locked so I had to go back and ask for the key! The kind of place where the staff make you feel like its really inconvenient that you want to buy something. There are other veggie options within throwing distance so I will never need to go back.
Updated from previous review on Monday May 27, 2013

Pros: Close to KLCC, Serves vegetarian food, Has gluten free options
Cons: The food is unimaginable and tasteless, The staff are not helpful, There are no drinks available except coffee

Dear Owner and Manager of RAW: