Raw Garden

Veg restaurant with a juice bar, operating since spring 2011. Menu is approximately 50% raw food and 50% cooked vegan hot food. Honey is used at times and also for sale. Has fresh juices, smoothies, and wheatgrass shots along with desserts cakes and sweets. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Western, European, Juice bar
Skolas iela 12
Riga, Latvia
+371-22302296

Open Mon-Fri 8:30am-9pm, Sat 12-9pm, Sun 11am-7pm.

First Review by olgucz
anka_gollas
anka_gollas

tasty raw food!

4 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

a very nice place - with friendly staff and a small shop selling organic products. i had raw zucchini spaghetti and a dessert. i was pleased with freshness of food and a good price.

Pros: excellent food, good value, nice interior
veggieriga
veggieriga

Delicous lasagna, macarons

5 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2013

The raw food here especially the raw lasagna is very tasty. I also like the raw macarons. The lunch special is usually good; my favorite was one that had coconut flakes. Another nice thing is they've kept the same prices for the lunch menu, since they opened a few years ago. The warm food is also good.

It would be great if they could make some veganized versions of Latvian dishes.

The smoothies are great and the store is very nice, and I've bought many useful superfoods, etc there.

Brissman
Brissman

Great place!

5 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2013

We ate delicious RAW starters (the pizza is amazing), then warm vegan food. The soup and the vegetable and beans stews are so well prepared and tasty!
The RAW desserts are fantastic!
Great restaurant!!

Pros: Amazing food, RAW and warm vegan, Yummy Desserts
dwdrummond
dwdrummond

Great atoms, tasty food, yummy sweets

4 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2013

We've had very good experiences at Raw Garden. Their raw green soup is a nice blend of greens, their cooked dish with chick peas in tomato sauce is great, and their raw superfood balls are great too. The atmosphere is airy and modern. The staff is very good too and the prices are affordable. Not too far from Riga center. We also purchased some coconut oil for our own home use.

Pros: Good Food, Sweet Sweets, Helpful Staff
Cons: Not too generous portions, Slightly small table room, Staff could be more friendly
Gudrun
Gudrun

A special place

5 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

"Raw Garden" is a great restaurant with original, mainly raw food. The interior is modern and creative, the atmosphere very inviting. The staff is very helpful and friendly and speaks excellent English.

The extensive menu is trilingual - Latvian, Russian and English. There are separate menus for food and drinks.

The selection of juices and smoothies is huge and looks delicious and very healthy.

The wine list has a good selection of international wines, plus a Latvian special: birch sap wine. I tried that one and it reminded me of very dry Riesling, quite interesting...

As a starter I had a wonderful raw salad garnished with edible flowers. It was very colorful, as well as the main course - "asparagus with fennel and vegetables". I was not a 100% thrilled by the main course because I love asparagus and here its taste was totally overruled by marinated peppers plus the fennel. But the dish was not bad and it tasted fresh, I just found it a strange combination. Another edible flower made it look very special.

For dessert I had an excellent raw avocado cake with black currants.

I wish I could come back to try more of the food!

Pros: good + healthy food at reasonable prices, nice staff, nice interior
liis.lutsoja
liis.lutsoja

Not the greatest experience..

2 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2013

I don't actually know, how to write this review. I've been vegetarian for only 6 months and never visited a vegetarian restaurant before.. I live in Tallinn, here is basically no veggie restaurants at all!
So one day me and my boyfriend (who is vegetarian 5 days a week), we went to Riga and because of these reviews here, we wanted to come and eat here.
Maybe it was bad coincidence, but the experience wasn't good. Yes the atmosphere is good and yes, the workers were charming and spoke good English, but.. We sat in the table, the guy brings us menus and starts to apologize, that they're veggies haven't arrived yet (and we came like 12.00 in the middle of the day), so You can take the lunch special soup and from the menu.... you can take this..no you can't take this, sorry.. and this, no this isn't available also.. so there was nothing to choose from. Only this soup and one smoothie. So we took these. Prices weren't really cheap.. The soup was the most ordinary thing ever! Just usual hot soup with cauliflower and the smoothie.. I thought, that it isn't possible to make a bad smoothie.. But it is! Neither me or my boyfriend couldn't finish it, it was SO disgusting!
But I hope and I think, that it was just a bad coincidence..maybe someday we'll visit it again....

Updated from previous review on Saturday June 08, 2013

Pros: atmosphere, staff
Cons: Nothing to choose from, Not the greatest tasting food
Gemini26
Gemini26

Yummy raw in Riga

4 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2013

Finding Raw Garden was relatively easy. Once you walk in its like many simple but nicely furnished eateries. The service was very good considering its a pay up front place. Everyone spoke English and was more then happy to help me make a selection. They offered a variety raw and vegan dishes as well as drinks and deserts . Chocolate was displayed at the counter and cakes in a fridge near the back. Although they had a nice menu I took advantage of the great lunch deals. They offered hot Vegan and Raw Vegan 2 course lunch ( soup & main for 3.50 Lev which is a steal!) I came for the raw experience so I placed my order and took seat. The service was quick ( I guess not having to cook it saves some time) the soup was Gazpacho and lovely . Main was pizza with green cheese and side salad. It looked amazing and the pizza base and sauce were great but the green cheese did not do it for me and no dressing on the salad either.Don't let this put you off though. When it comes to raw food I like the simple smoothies and salads so my taste is not as refined for gormet raw . I would definitely recommend this place and I would return , if not for the pizza then for there great raw chocolate!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday May 01, 2013

Pros: Great price, Nice variety, Great service
Cons: ------------
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Great food

4 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2013

The menu is all vegan, half of it is raw. The 2 people working when I went in were very pleasant, spoke English quite well, and made some recommendations of their favorite dishes. I was happy with the whole experience--service, food, presentation, atmosphere.

If I wind up in Riga again, I'd definitely go back. Prices weren't bad, either.

Pros: All-vegan, Friendly, Lots of different options
mistochele
mistochele

Wonderful Raw Food Paradise

5 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2012

Impressed by the presentation, the cosy and relaxed atmosphere and the high quality and wonderful taste of the food.
Raw food is taken very seriously and I managed to appreciate it with the books and literature available in the shop, and the handy help of the staff: a truly evangelist restaurant.
But not integralist: vegetarian cooked food is also served to keep everyone happy.
A good reason to visit Riga once again.

morius
morius

AMAZING!

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

I had never been to a "raw" restaurant. I usually go to normal vegetarian places or to restaurants with vegetarian options.
So, this was my first time eating "raw", and oh boy, it was great.

They had so many options, it was quite difficult for me to choose, so I asked the waitress to help me out. I ordered a pizza, that instead of traditional "dough", it was made of green nuts. It was quite delicious.

Afterwards, I ordered a sandwich to take home, made of pumpkin bread. Extremely tasty too.
I'm sure I'll go there again next weekend, I really wanna try some more of their dishes that I didn't get the chance to try!

I guess my only con was that the pizza took a little longer than I expected (I've never been to raw places before so I'm not sure about what the speed for a dish should be, but I felt it took a bit long). But after eating it, trust me, it was worth the wait!

Pros: Lots of options, Delicious food and drinks, Friendly, English speaking staff
Cons: I felt the food took a bit long
plantsbased
plantsbased

Wheatgrass growing in the front window...

5 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2012

I highly recommend this sweet (and conscious) little eatery in Riga. The lime green decor, delicious snacks and food, and super friendly staff (that speak very good English) is all well worth your time and money. We walked in and asked to see a menu, that is when the lady behind the counter asked if we had been there before, we answered no. She continued to tell us all about the specials of the day and the breakfast items (since we were there at 10 a.m.) We were heading to Tallin on a bus and asked if we could get two veggie sandwiches on raw pumpkin bread for take-away and the lady said yes. We also got a delicious cashew coconut ball of heaven (highly recommended!) Raw Garden is well worth a stop. The meals are average sized and reasonably priced. We loved our veggie sandwiches and the pumpkin bread--amazing! Even though we are not into the raw movement, we now realize that raw can be very delicious. Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: healthy cuisine, fresh produce, friendly staff
Cons: hmmm, nothing!
Amy1274
Amy1274

Amazing Food - eventually!

4 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2012

This is a beautifully decorated restaurant with a great choice of raw and hot vegan dishes, priced low to moderate. All food is freshly prepared and of very high quality, and portion sizes are good, but even the cooked dishes took one hour to arrive, making it less than ideal to "pop" for lunch. The staff were a little abrupt, but I hesitate to judge too much as this may be down to a language barrier.

Pros: choice, quality
Cons: service time
  • MatissEglitis MatissEglitis

Dear Client, thank you for your review and good words about our food. we will certainly try to service our clients quicker. Last week was very busy for us as many have started year with much enthusiasm for healthier and more green choices. We have adjusted our capacity accordingly and it should be much faster now. Our primary goal is food quality therefore Everything is freshly prepared and it takes some time.

olgucz
olgucz

gourmet experience

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2011

We visited Raw Garden a month or so after it's opening.

It's a very unique place for Latvia, and from what I can tell, it's not too popular with the locals, because the prices are high. However, if you go there from 11am-3pm, you can get lunch menu for 3,5LVL (generally 2,5LVL in any other place).

We ordered veggie rolls and "lasagna", but it still felt like we're eating a salad, moreover, the veggies on our plates were practically the same, thus, both dishes tasted the same. They do have lovely cashew cheeses and sauces though. I fell in love with them so much, I figured out the recipe and like to make it myself.

I've heard they have started offering vegan hot dishes as well, so you don't have to eat 'salads' all the time there :)

Overall, it was a lovely restaurant experience and I would love to go there again someday.

Pros: raw, delicious 'cheese', friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Raw Garden: