Veg restaurant with a juice bar, operating since spring 2011. Menu is approximately 50% raw food and 50% cooked vegan hot food. Honey is used at times and also for sale. Has fresh juices, smoothies, and wheatgrass shots along with desserts cakes and sweets. Has a second outlet at Spice shopping center, Lielirbes iela 29, open daily 10am-10pm. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Western, European, Juice bar

StephanieReinicke
StephanieReinicke

delicious,calm ,beautiful

Posted on 12 / 13 / 2014

Tried a raw soup,a salad and a smoothie and bought the rawvegan Bounty,the Goji and the sulerfoods Balls.all super Delicious and so cheap

veroaero
veroaero

Great food

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2014

We visited Riga one week in August 2014 and we went twice to Raw Garden. Very fresh and yummy food, and an incredible juice/smoothie selection. After dinner we bought some delicious desserts. If I visit Riga again, I'll come back to this restaurant.

Pros: Fresh, Lots of juice & smoothies, Super friendly personnel
blaim
blaim

delicious raw and non-raw ALL VEGAN food

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2014

Just finished a delicious lunch meal here. Raw soup, warm chickpea creamy main, and avocado + pineapple juice for 9.50€. Everything here is vegan and everything I had was delicious.

Pros: vegan, raw

STFro
STFro

Nice

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2014

I was surprised to find a vegan restaurant in Riga. Had the daily menu, soup was excellent, second dish was not very tasty neither filling, but avocado cake dessert exceeded any expectation. Overall good experience but I found it a bit pricey for a country like Latvia.

Pros: Healthy, Fresh
Cons: Expensive
veggiebreeze
veggiebreeze

Wow!

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2014

A great place located within two blocks of two different bus stops and easily walked in about 30 minutes from Old Town. Superb food, friendly staff with English, reasonable prices. If you like raw food, this is a must.

Pros: Food quality, Prices, Portion sizes
Emmanutelle
Emmanutelle

Fresh and tasty (raw) food!

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2014

We really enjoyed the absolutely tasty and fresh food we had at the Raw Garden in Riga. The restaurant is small, but very cozy with a nice and modern interior. It is possible to buy the food take-away as well as raw crackers and other special ingredients for raw cooking at the counter. However, we preferred to take a seat and eat on the spot. Good decision! As a starter we had vegan mexican burrito wraps and a raw soup, which both was really good. As a main dish we had the raw lasagna and the chinese noodle salad pasta (I don't remember the name of the dish exactly, sorry), which also were absolutely tasty. Combined with fresh pressed juices and a raw cheese cake with red currant topping as a dessert we were so happy about this freshly made and tasty meal, that we really regret not to have the Raw Garden close to our home.
If it was, we would definitely eat there again.
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 24, 2014

Updated from previous review on Thursday July 24, 2014

Pros: excellent, fresh made food, moderate prices, raw options
Cons: no outdoor-sitting, closes early in the evening
Miss_Anni
Miss_Anni

Huge Portions, Very Tasty

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

We had a very positive experience! Normally the portions in raw restaurants are very small, but here they were really big, some of us couldn't almost finish it. We had the raw lasagna, raw carrot soup and cooked zucchini spaghetti. For starters the cashew nut cheese is a must try and the raw snickers for dessert was amazing. Fast service and price was absolutely okay.

Pros: Portions, Price
Cons: Honey
Sternanis
Sternanis

Cozy Place with Delicious Raw & Cooked Meal

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

For lunch you can choose a meal of one soup and one main for 6.5 EUR. They always have daily changing one raw and one cooked option for both soup and the meal. (Everything vegan) We chose one of each (two sets) and they were all very tasty but raw soup & menu was more flavorful (and not high in fat). Food are all very good, beautifully presented and place is very pretty. Lots of raw desserts offered. We tried avocado cake (2.6EUR) and it was very light, refreshing and delicious! Many books on vegan/raw food. Free wifi but didn't seem so strong.

For lunch, food came out very fast but we've heard that for dinner it takes some while to be served (menu starts at 5pm). I would love to try the raw lasagna next time!
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 19, 2014

Pros: Tasty, Fast service, Healthy
Cons: No outdoor seating, Funky wifi
rodsan
rodsan

excellent

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2014

very good food, excellent prices, good variety, raw options, excellent waitstaff. very worth the 25 min walk from my hostel.

RikeRikea
RikeRikea

Delicious smoothies

Posted on 06 / 10 / 2014

Raw Garden is a restaurant with nice atmosphere and a good menu. we hade zucchini spaghetti and raw-veggie-lasagne which were both quite fine. we also tried some smoothies which were very very delicious. Try this when you're in Riga!
I also like that Raw Garden use at least some organic ingredients (what is in baltic states not standard in raw-veggie-restaurants)

Pros: wide range of very delicious smoothies
anka_gollas
anka_gollas

tasty raw food!

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

a very nice place - with friendly staff and a small shop selling organic products. i had raw zucchini spaghetti and a dessert. i was pleased with freshness of food and a good price.

Pros: excellent food, good value, nice interior
veggieriga
veggieriga

Delicous lasagna, macarons

Posted on 12 / 03 / 2013

The raw food here especially the raw lasagna is very tasty. I also like the raw macarons. The lunch special is usually good; my favorite was one that had coconut flakes. Another nice thing is they've kept the same prices for the lunch menu, since they opened a few years ago. The warm food is also good.

It would be great if they could make some veganized versions of Latvian dishes.

The smoothies are great and the store is very nice, and I've bought many useful superfoods, etc there.

Brissman
Brissman

Great place!

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2013

We ate delicious RAW starters (the pizza is amazing), then warm vegan food. The soup and the vegetable and beans stews are so well prepared and tasty!
The RAW desserts are fantastic!
Great restaurant!!

Pros: Amazing food, RAW and warm vegan, Yummy Desserts
dwdrummond
dwdrummond

Great atoms, tasty food, yummy sweets

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2013

We've had very good experiences at Raw Garden. Their raw green soup is a nice blend of greens, their cooked dish with chick peas in tomato sauce is great, and their raw superfood balls are great too. The atmosphere is airy and modern. The staff is very good too and the prices are affordable. Not too far from Riga center. We also purchased some coconut oil for our own home use.

Pros: Good Food, Sweet Sweets, Helpful Staff
Cons: Not too generous portions, Slightly small table room, Staff could be more friendly
Gudrun
Gudrun

A special place

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

"Raw Garden" is a great restaurant with original, mainly raw food. The interior is modern and creative, the atmosphere very inviting. The staff is very helpful and friendly and speaks excellent English.

The extensive menu is trilingual - Latvian, Russian and English. There are separate menus for food and drinks.

The selection of juices and smoothies is huge and looks delicious and very healthy.

The wine list has a good selection of international wines, plus a Latvian special: birch sap wine. I tried that one and it reminded me of very dry Riesling, quite interesting...

As a starter I had a wonderful raw salad garnished with edible flowers. It was very colorful, as well as the main course - "asparagus with fennel and vegetables". I was not a 100% thrilled by the main course because I love asparagus and here its taste was totally overruled by marinated peppers plus the fennel. But the dish was not bad and it tasted fresh, I just found it a strange combination. Another edible flower made it look very special.

For dessert I had an excellent raw avocado cake with black currants.

I wish I could come back to try more of the food!

Pros: good + healthy food at reasonable prices, nice staff, nice interior
liis.lutsoja
liis.lutsoja

Not the greatest experience..

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2013

I don't actually know, how to write this review. I've been vegetarian for only 6 months and never visited a vegetarian restaurant before.. I live in Tallinn, here is basically no veggie restaurants at all!
So one day me and my boyfriend (who is vegetarian 5 days a week), we went to Riga and because of these reviews here, we wanted to come and eat here.
Maybe it was bad coincidence, but the experience wasn't good. Yes the atmosphere is good and yes, the workers were charming and spoke good English, but.. We sat in the table, the guy brings us menus and starts to apologize, that they're veggies haven't arrived yet (and we came like 12.00 in the middle of the day), so You can take the lunch special soup and from the menu.... you can take this..no you can't take this, sorry.. and this, no this isn't available also.. so there was nothing to choose from. Only this soup and one smoothie. So we took these. Prices weren't really cheap.. The soup was the most ordinary thing ever! Just usual hot soup with cauliflower and the smoothie.. I thought, that it isn't possible to make a bad smoothie.. But it is! Neither me or my boyfriend couldn't finish it, it was SO disgusting!
But I hope and I think, that it was just a bad coincidence..maybe someday we'll visit it again....

Updated from previous review on Saturday June 08, 2013

Pros: atmosphere, staff
Cons: Nothing to choose from, Not the greatest tasting food
Gemini26
Gemini26

Yummy raw in Riga

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2013

Finding Raw Garden was relatively easy. Once you walk in its like many simple but nicely furnished eateries. The service was very good considering its a pay up front place. Everyone spoke English and was more then happy to help me make a selection. They offered a variety raw and vegan dishes as well as drinks and deserts . Chocolate was displayed at the counter and cakes in a fridge near the back. Although they had a nice menu I took advantage of the great lunch deals. They offered hot Vegan and Raw Vegan 2 course lunch ( soup & main for 3.50 Lev which is a steal!) I came for the raw experience so I placed my order and took seat. The service was quick ( I guess not having to cook it saves some time) the soup was Gazpacho and lovely . Main was pizza with green cheese and side salad. It looked amazing and the pizza base and sauce were great but the green cheese did not do it for me and no dressing on the salad either.Don't let this put you off though. When it comes to raw food I like the simple smoothies and salads so my taste is not as refined for gormet raw . I would definitely recommend this place and I would return , if not for the pizza then for there great raw chocolate!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday May 01, 2013

Pros: Great price, Nice variety, Great service
Cons: ------------
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Great food

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2013

The menu is all vegan, half of it is raw. The 2 people working when I went in were very pleasant, spoke English quite well, and made some recommendations of their favorite dishes. I was happy with the whole experience--service, food, presentation, atmosphere.

If I wind up in Riga again, I'd definitely go back. Prices weren't bad, either.

Pros: All-vegan, Friendly, Lots of different options
mistochele
mistochele

Wonderful Raw Food Paradise

Posted on 09 / 24 / 2012

Impressed by the presentation, the cosy and relaxed atmosphere and the high quality and wonderful taste of the food.
Raw food is taken very seriously and I managed to appreciate it with the books and literature available in the shop, and the handy help of the staff: a truly evangelist restaurant.
But not integralist: vegetarian cooked food is also served to keep everyone happy.
A good reason to visit Riga once again.

morius
morius

AMAZING!

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

I had never been to a "raw" restaurant. I usually go to normal vegetarian places or to restaurants with vegetarian options.
So, this was my first time eating "raw", and oh boy, it was great.

They had so many options, it was quite difficult for me to choose, so I asked the waitress to help me out. I ordered a pizza, that instead of traditional "dough", it was made of green nuts. It was quite delicious.

Afterwards, I ordered a sandwich to take home, made of pumpkin bread. Extremely tasty too.
I'm sure I'll go there again next weekend, I really wanna try some more of their dishes that I didn't get the chance to try!

I guess my only con was that the pizza took a little longer than I expected (I've never been to raw places before so I'm not sure about what the speed for a dish should be, but I felt it took a bit long). But after eating it, trust me, it was worth the wait!

Pros: Lots of options, Delicious food and drinks, Friendly, English speaking staff
Cons: I felt the food took a bit long
plantsbased
plantsbased

Wheatgrass growing in the front window...

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2012

I highly recommend this sweet (and conscious) little eatery in Riga. The lime green decor, delicious snacks and food, and super friendly staff (that speak very good English) is all well worth your time and money. We walked in and asked to see a menu, that is when the lady behind the counter asked if we had been there before, we answered no. She continued to tell us all about the specials of the day and the breakfast items (since we were there at 10 a.m.) We were heading to Tallin on a bus and asked if we could get two veggie sandwiches on raw pumpkin bread for take-away and the lady said yes. We also got a delicious cashew coconut ball of heaven (highly recommended!) Raw Garden is well worth a stop. The meals are average sized and reasonably priced. We loved our veggie sandwiches and the pumpkin bread--amazing! Even though we are not into the raw movement, we now realize that raw can be very delicious. Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: healthy cuisine, fresh produce, friendly staff
Cons: hmmm, nothing!
Amy1274
Amy1274

Amazing Food - eventually!

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2012

This is a beautifully decorated restaurant with a great choice of raw and hot vegan dishes, priced low to moderate. All food is freshly prepared and of very high quality, and portion sizes are good, but even the cooked dishes took one hour to arrive, making it less than ideal to "pop" for lunch. The staff were a little abrupt, but I hesitate to judge too much as this may be down to a language barrier.

Pros: choice, quality
Cons: service time
  • MatissEglitis MatissEglitis

Dear Client, thank you for your review and good words about our food. we will certainly try to service our clients quicker. Last week was very busy for us as many have started year with much enthusiasm for healthier and more green choices. We have adjusted our capacity accordingly and it should be much faster now. Our primary goal is food quality therefore Everything is freshly prepared and it takes some time.

olgucz
olgucz

gourmet experience

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2011

We visited Raw Garden a month or so after it's opening.

It's a very unique place for Latvia, and from what I can tell, it's not too popular with the locals, because the prices are high. However, if you go there from 11am-3pm, you can get lunch menu for 3,5LVL (generally 2,5LVL in any other place).

We ordered veggie rolls and "lasagna", but it still felt like we're eating a salad, moreover, the veggies on our plates were practically the same, thus, both dishes tasted the same. They do have lovely cashew cheeses and sauces though. I fell in love with them so much, I figured out the recipe and like to make it myself.

I've heard they have started offering vegan hot dishes as well, so you don't have to eat 'salads' all the time there :)

Overall, it was a lovely restaurant experience and I would love to go there again someday.

Pros: raw, delicious 'cheese', friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Raw Garden: