CLOSED: Rasta Pasta

Serves meat, veg options available. Pasta with vegetables or tofu substitutes upon request. JAN 2014 REPORTED SHUT DOWN, PHONE NOT WORKING - REMOVED. Price: Moderate more-less
Caribbean, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Santa Fe Davy
ambillin
ambillin

Frequent kitchen errors

1 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

I've lived in Fort Collins for over 15 years and I've gotten chicken mixed in with my "vegan" dishes at least six times at Rasta Pasta. They have some limited vegan options--will sub tofu for meat--but I'm extremely wary of eating here due to past experience. I've also been told conflicting things by different staff members regarding ingredients, how something is cooked, whether it is vegan, etc. It remains popular with many locals (which is why I've been dragged back) and has unique pasta dishes, but double-check your plate before digging in if you go.

Pros: Will sub tofu for meat, Unique dishes, Popular with locals and tourists
Cons: Sloppy kitchen, Staff not knowledgeable about vegans, Frequent kitchen errors--meat in food
Santa Fe Davy
Santa Fe Davy

So-So

2 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2010

The big thing at Rasta Pasta is pasta in the 3 colors of the Jamaican flag. If this turns you on, go for sure. They are willing to substitute tofu for jerk chicken, so I guess they are vegetarian friendly. But it's so much better to go to a restaurant that really appreciates the taste of vegetables rather than just taking out the meat. Go a few blocks further and spend a buck or two more and go to Tasty Harmony.

Pros: cheap, cool, young scene
Cons: mediocre food, not really into veg food

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Rasta Pasta: