Modern and cozy vegetarian bistro and tapas bar located in the city centre. Established Apr 2013. Most vegetables come from Rasoterra's own garden and are organically grown. Tapas is around 3-8 euros and entrees for 8-11 euros. Offers changing specials, organic wines and beers, free water. Weekend brunch served til 1pm. Has wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Spanish, Western, Fusion, Beer/Wine

CaptainKarin
CaptainKarin

Not impressed

2 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2014

First the restaurant looked really nice and stylish, but the staff is really arrogant and the whole thing is quite stuffy.
We were a group of 11 people and one of us came later than the reservation time. The staff simply ignored him and he didn't even get a menu or something to drink! This is an absolutely no go!

The dishes are overpriced and I had bad luck with my soup, which was sour and almost uneatable.

Pros: interieur
Cons: arrogant staff, prices, flavour
thisgoldensaviour
thisgoldensaviour

Perfect for a daytime break

4 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2014

This restaurant is very cozy - my husband and I had the entire place to ourselves at 4pm. Only thing is, which has been said, is the service. We sat ourselves and weren't given menus to begin (had to up and get them) and weren't given a check until we asked. They seem a bit too laid back. I am vegan and found a few tapas-style dishes to eat. Though cute and comfortable, the menu could have had a few more things, especially for vegans in a vegetarian restaurant. The portions are small but delicious and are extremely presentable to the eyes. One more thing - this is more of a wine bar than anything else! Escape from the busyness of Barcelona and drink a black mojito with a snack.
Updated from previous review on Thursday September 25, 2014

Pros: They pride themselves on fine alcohol, Quiet atmosphere
Cons: Spaced-out service, Food menu needs to be larger
paperanimal
paperanimal

Was at first impressed, then not so much

3 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2014

They have definitely got a chic vibe and an inviting dining room, and some pretty good food. But the staff was kind of cold, and seemed quite impatient when we stumbled with our Spanish. Good for a light lunch or sharing tapas with lots of friends, but I didn't feel like hanging out after we got the check. Nice location in the Gothic quarter: lots of shops and boutiques nearby!

Pros: nice decoration, good menu
Cons: unfriendly staff

NewVegan28
NewVegan28

Good food, not so great service

3 Posted on 09 / 21 / 2014

This restaurant could be great. The location is central, the decor is clean and modern. The food was good, full of flavour. We ordered from the tapas menu- olives, tomato bread, tempeh balls, tofu dumplings and potato bravas, all of which we really enjoyed.
My only complaint is about the service. We walked in and no one acknowledged us as we stood there for several minutes, so we just seated ourselves. We then waited 5 minutes for them to bring the menu. We didn't have to wait long for our food, so that was fine, but we waited for about 15 mins after we'd finished eating, then I had to ask for the desert menu, waited another 5 minutes, and we just decided to pay and leave as we were bored of waiting. And it wasn't busy at the time, only 4 other tables in service.
It's a shame when a nice restaurant with good food is let down by non attentive service. Probably wouldn't go again unless there were no other options.

Pros: Tasty, flavourful food, Nice decor and atmosphere
Cons: Slow unattentive service
JosephSanisidro
JosephSanisidro

0km filosofy

4 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2014

the concept of this restaurant is to provide food from local area so to reduce the impact of carriage and be enviroment friendly. The place is located in the center of the gotic quarter and offers very interesting organic wines. The food tastes autentic but some of the dishes like tempeh was not very attractive.

Pros: centric, organic wine choice
Cons: service is a bit inpersonal
MrsBellerby
MrsBellerby

Fantastic Tapas

5 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

Fantastic tapas dishes, especially the "Chilaquiles of white corn tortillas, frijoles, manchego cheese and green tomato sauce", and cocktails. Friendly and helpful service. Would definitely recommend this place to vegetarians in Barcelona (and non-vegetarians). We came here for lunch and enjoyed it so much we returned later in our holiday for dinner. My little brother, who refused to eat vegetarian or tapas and practically lives on pizza actually quite enjoyed the different dishes he tried! My only complaint is that you can only order juices at brunch, and so there was not a lot of choice for my non-alcohol drinking husband in the evening.

Pros: Selection, Cocktails, Friendly staff
Cons: Not enough tables!, Lack of non-alcoholic drinks
Harp
Harp

Good

3 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

We had a nice dinner in this cozy place.

The staff was super friendly and the food was fine but not amazing!

Petesternz
Petesternz

Very good

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

This is a very nice little place that serves wonderful tapas. One of the better restaurants I went to in Barcelona, I enjoyed the tapas, and everything vegan was clearly labelled. Interesting selections, and a nice change from the ordinary here. A little bit on the pricey side. Great atmosphere and very stylish decor.

DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

Tasty

4 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2014

Not the best food ever, but the paella was very good and with a flawless presentation. It could have more spices, but overall it was nice. I also had some guiozas that were delicious.
The place is lovely and the staff was very friendly.

Pros: nice place, good food
T0
T0

great

5 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

Fantastic restaurant with great vegan options. Amazing daily lunch menue and very friendly and nice staff.

Lora
Lora

Great

5 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2014

We went there on March 2014, the restaurant is very nice, waiter and waitress too. The waitress made effort to speak French and talked to us about wine.
The menu is original, and the food very good.
The vegan chocolate desert was excelent.
We recommend it and will come back.

Pros: Food and wine, Place, Customer care
AroundTheWorld
AroundTheWorld

excellent

5 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2014

I went on April 2014. Staff spoke French and English and took time to explain us the recipes. The food was excellent and very creative. I'd like to spend more time to taste all the dishes. This is tapas, so you order different dishes and share them with your friends. They proposed a choice of great wine to accompany. It's located in a small path reachable only by walk or bicycle. I greatly recommend it.

Pros: Excellent food, Good wines
Cons: Hard to find
jautrombo
jautrombo

Local produce to be appreciated

4 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2014

- Affordable daily menu.
- Local produce with high quality.
- Relatively small portions.
- Nice atmosphere.
- Quick service.

Maggie
Maggie

superb gourmet tapas and more

5 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

Some of the best veg food I have ever had. We had four tapas - all subtle and intense. Stuffed artichokes with a lovely sauce, herb potatoes (bravas) with aioli and tomato sauce, grilled and caramelized tempeh with raw veg, and a goat cheese with honey and hazelnuts. The staff were incredibly knowledgeable and helpful - they knew which cheese was made with microbial enzymes and recommended a delicious fermented elderberry drink. For dessert we had four varieties of truffles - heavenly. The space was light and comfortable and the service wasn't at all slow. This is near Vegetalia and much much better.

Pros: in the center, scrumptious, great service
Cons: none
Happy Veg Man
Happy Veg Man

Disappointing. Could not recommend.

2 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2014

We arrived early for our reservation, and asked if we could sit early. We were told yes. After we sat, we were essentially ignored for 20 minutes, except to be told they couldn't get to us, as they were expecting us later. We were never given a menu (another patron did), nor were we told the specials of the day (my wife had to get up and get the chalk board on which they were written). Our waitress was indifferent and neglectful. The food was luke warm, which isn't surprising as the service is so poor and slow. The food Iacked flavor, and my wife could not finish her main plate. I have never had such bad service at any veg restaurant, and I do not recall being as disappointed with the food at a place with decent reviews. I would never return.

Pros: nil
Cons: cold service, cold food
Papika
Papika

Innovative and healthy vegetarian cuisine. Great!

5 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2014

Rasoterra is a restaurant that focuses on slow-food and the innovation in their recipes. With multiple vegan options, but what surprised me is the purity of the bold flavors and combination of ingredients. My favorite dishes are always the Vietnamese crepe, "patatas bravas" (homemade and very tasty) and their gyozas (with sweet and intense flavor). They change the menu frequently, so you can visit it repeatedly and always surprises you. Claimants of the healthy and tasty food, generate a pleasant climate with a very attentive service and close. Their midday menu is a bit criticized for some vegetarians, but I can only say that their evening menu is excellent!

Pros: Slow-food, Innovation, High food quality
hack_man
hack_man

Game Changer

5 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2014

For me, this is the place that now sets the pace in Barcelona. Absolutely gorgeous establishment serving tapas and main courses in a splendidly modernist but homely setting in a tip top part of town. Some of the tapas can be served as main courses if desired. They also do a great value 2 or 3 course lunch ranging from €8.50 to €11 including wine. The food is truly excellent and well cared about. Vegans are taken very seriously here. You will find some fantastic combinations here such as roast fennel and quinoa or brussel sprouts in lime and chilli which work so very well. I love this place, an instant hit for me which doesn't happen that often. Savour this beautiful place both during the day and at night.......gone are the dark days of going to vegetarian restaurants and being served slop on a metal tray!

Pros: setting, food, friendly
cxms45
cxms45

Leave plenty of time

4 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2014

This small and beautiful restaurant was not lacking in patrons, but it was a bit hard to find some place to sit! The food was excellent, though portions were very small and the service was very slow.

Pros: creativity, atmosphere, good food
Cons: a little pricey, fairly slow service
Bluejaay
Bluejaay

interesting & yummy

5 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2014

We were early and had the place to ourselves. Only tapas at that time, but all vegetarian so plenty of choices and very suitable for our three kids also.
The space is modern and roomy with cushions on bench seating around the wall.
The menu was modern, fresh and interesting. Gyozas were lovely, eggs in potato strip nests, interesting and a cannelloni made with besan flour, not wheat was a delicious surprise.
English speaking was no trouble and it was a friendly place to go.

Heatherblanton73
Heatherblanton73

Outstanding Ingrdients, beautiful presentation!

5 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

Although a little tucked back into the Barrio Gotica, this place was well worth the search! They use thir own produce that is organically grown. The menu changes several times a week as to whats being harvested. Cant rate this place high enough. Great, friendly staff, cute decor. A little well lit for my tastes, but the food and staff were exceptional.

Pros: Variety, Low to moderate price, Organic, gf options, vegan options
Cons: Lighting too bright
millavinilla
millavinilla

Good but could improve

3 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2013

Atmosphere was nice and the staff really friendly. Everything on the menu sounded really good, but food disappointed a bit when it arrived. Still above average but I think we were hoping for more. This could just be a reflection of their vegan dishes and not the whole menu. Also they served cheese On a dish we ordered which was labelled vegan (not vegan option). They were nice about replacing it.

Pros: Atmosphere and ethos
Cons: Vegan dishes need revamp
lrockwood
lrockwood

Absolutely Fantastic

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2013

I live in Barcelona so have been to every veg restaurant in the city. Most are so bad, sometimes I have to walk out. But some good news...

Rasoterra is hands-down the BEST. Spacious, chilled-out dining area, very creative menu (extremely rare in Spain), really great beer and wine list, super fresh food. Ordered 4 dishes, all were amazing. Service was incredible (again, extremely rare in Spain), and the prices are fantastic. 5 stars, going back next weekend.

Pros: Great Food/Creative Menu, Great Service, Lovely Space
Cons: n/a
  • Harp Harp

Seriously? I really doubt that a just-opened restaurant in Barcelona is the best in town. I also have to disagree with your statement about most restaurants in Barcelona, There are many wondeful spots.

Anyway, I'll post my review once I get to taste Rasoterra dishes. Maybe you have raised my expectations :)

SarahMorgan
SarahMorgan

Quiet Sunday brunch

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2013

Rasoterra was empty when we arrived but soon filled up with other customers. Enjoyed a combination of breakfast and lunch with toast, tahini and honey to start, toast with melted gorgonzola and pears for my husband. For Mains we enjoyed veggie burger and potatoes and cheese and pear pasta. Water was included and organic bread although we didn't receive this, possibly due to having toast. It was all very tasty although salad would perhaps have been appreciated with the pasta.

Pros: Tasty, Comfortable
Xavier Sabata
Xavier Sabata

Xavi's forts visit to Rasoterra

5 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2013

Rasoterra is a MUST if you live in Barcelona or if you're just visiting. The quality of the food is amazing and the place is really cozy but chic. I highly recommend to come to this place. Service friendly and super profesional. I loved it.

Dear Owner and Manager of Rasoterra:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Barcelona page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/05/01