Serves meat, veg options available. Menu includes some vegetarian options. Has a vegan and gluten-free all-you-can-eat buffet on Saturday for lunch. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by tablemoonspoons

Can't wait to go back!

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

The first time I went here was for there weekend vegan/gluten free brunch. It was my first time having indian food and thought it was pretty good- some of it I liked, some I didn't. I went again yesterday with my girlfriend and LOVED what I got! We started with an appetizer, I think it was called Utupi or something and it was pretty good- probably wouldn't get it again though. They have a whole vegetarian page with lots of vegan and gluten free options. I got some mango coconut dish (see picture above) that was beyond amazing! Quite literally one of the best dishes I have had in a long long time. Infact I can't wait to eat the leftovers. My girl got some seafood dish the waitress recommended but she said it was nothing special. I would definitely go back again and I highly recommend whatever that mango dish was! YUM! The restaurant itself is very cute inside. It's located right next to Garden Grille (vegetarian restaurant) and Wildflour (vegan bakery) so its like a vegan heaven!
Updated from previous review on Friday August 30, 2013

Pros: Vegan/Vegetarian options, Gluten free options, you can see into the kitchen
Cons: Service was a little slow at first

Tasty Indian Food

4 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

I have visited Rasoi many times, and always leave happy. They have delicious, carefully prepared food. If you have any food allergy concerns, they are helpful in addressing them, and make sure that your food prepared with special attention. They have selections which accommodate many dietary restrictions, clearly labeled on the menu.

The staff is always friendly and very attentive. They are also helpful in making selections when special dietary restrictions are presented.

I recently visited with a mixed party of children and adults, some vegetarian, some meat eaters, one with dietary allergies, and all left satisfied.

I love the artistic care which is paid to the presentation of each meal, making your entree a feast for the eyes as well as nourishment for the body.

The environment of the restaurant is open, and is often lively with conversation. I find the biggest distraction is the television at the bar, which has always been playing some Bollywood movie. I don't know why every restaurant feels the need to be plugged into some screen that we can see but not hear. It only creates visual distraction, and never adds to the meal.

Aside from this small complaint, I find find the the food at Rasoi delicious, always satisfying, and the blend of spices addictive.

Pros: Tasty Food, Friendly Staff, Allegy friendly
Cons: a little pricy, distracting television

Great contemporary Indian food

4 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2012

I had known about this place but always ended up going to Garden Grille next door. Been there so many times that my BF and I had exhausted the menu, so we finally decided to try out this place.

Menu selections were excellent. They seemed pretty vegan/health conscious in that they offered tofu in a lot of dishes traditionally made with paneer and you also got to choose brown rice over regular basmati. Ordering was a breeze as everything was clearly labeled. For appetizer we shared the gobi manchurian, which had a nice texture but lacked depth of flavor. Not bad but not the best I've had. My BF also ordered some scallop dish and liked it. For entrees we ordered two veggie plates, where you have a choice of carbs, a side and a main. I would definitely recommend the tofu chettinad, the poriyal and the mango curry, which were all scrumptious and can't be found at Indian restaurants very often, much less a vegan version. Decor was modern and the wait staff was all friendly. Just wish we had tried place earlier!

Pros: delicious food, good menu selections

i want...all the time!

4 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2010

cauliflower 65, vegetable chettinad...never will get sick of them. also the saturday gluten-free/vegan buffet? SO GOOD. it's great to have a place i can go with my GF friends!

Delicious!

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2010

I just went to Rasoi for the first time yesterday and left very happy. While there isn't a ton to choose from for vegans, there are certainly plenty of options for vegetarians. I had the Cauliflower 65 appetizer, which was by far the BEST part of the meal. Next time I go I think I'll just eat a plate of it all by itself! I had the Chana Masala as an entree (as did my date) and it was also very good, like any other I've had before really, satisfying (my date loved it too). The mixed vegetable side that came with it was also really tasty. The serving sizes were huge for my date and I, we both left with enough for another two meals. But take that for what it's worth, we are both very small and don't typically eat a lot of food at once.
Aside from the food the waitstaff was very friendly and helpful with my questions. The interior and ambience was very nice; fairly dress-up/casual (polo shirt nice, no ripped pants).
I will definitely be going back and take-out if I'm dateless!

Pros: TASTEY food, Excellent waitstaff, Cleanliness
Cons: Very small Vegan selection, A little noisy

Non-dairy vegetarian buffet on Saturday is okay

3 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2008

Rasoi isn't my favorite south Asian restaurant, but it's not terrible. The Saturday non-dairy vegetarian buffet is okay, but not all of the items are Indian offerings. (They usually have out a green salad, another rice/veggie salad, etc. in addition to the Indian entrees.) I like Not Just Snacks, which is just down the street, better than Rasoi -- but it's just my preference. Rasoi seems to prepare Indian "fusion" recipes with a contemporary feel, while NJS serves straight up delicious, more authentic south Asian food. Also, the food at Rasoi has always seemed me as a little too salty. The staff have always been great, though, and are very accommodating and attentive.

Pros: they offer a non-dairy vegetarian buffet, nice staff
Cons: too salty, not as authentic as other places

providence has a #1 indian restaurant!

4 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2008

this is is it! i can not say this enough so i will only say it once... GO TO THIS SATURDAY VEGAN BUFFET LUNCH! so so so good. okay now to move on, the staff here are worth the trip alone at any time, very great folks. a slightly upscale atmosphrer, but still comfortable for everyone. there is a bar in the middle of the resaurant too! so could be a nice place for a hot friday night date! if i remember correctly the menu stuff is labeled vegan or not.

Dear Owner and Manager of Rasoi: