Rasayana Raw Food Cafe

Small raw food cafe at the back of Rasayana Retreat Spa; same owners and similar menu as the Bangkok location. Offers a full menu with appetizers, soups, salads, mains, and dessert. The retreat center offers cleanses. Vegan except for honey in a few desserts and drinks. Has wheatgrass and fresh pressed juices. Directions: Look for the Rasayana Retreat Spa on North Pattaya Rd approx. 250 yards east of Naluka traffic circle, on north side of road, go to the left past the spa's reception desk to the cafe. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Juice bar, Raw, Western, Fusion

Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm

First Review by earthville
Kelly Kelly
Kelly Kelly

As the name suggests delicious raw live food!

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2015

I will share my experience as well as respond to some points in other reviews.

I was very cautious about going there, in fact when I first found the place it was with a non-veggie friend and I did not take her in because of my history with raw food restaurants. In the past I have eaten or should I say, tried to eat, some various restaurant prepared raw foods that were nowhere near the liking for my taste buds. But I went back the next day to scout it out on my own. I am so glad I did as I had the opposite experience of what had happened in the past. This was creative, delicious food.

So far I have only eaten here twice but I am VERY MUCH looking forward to eating here again and again. So many great looking items on the menu to try in the future!

I had the Hawaiian Pizza. Yummy and filling. In an earlier review someone mentioned small portion sizes. I am guessing that the Café has changed this since the review. The pizza they brought me was almost to the very edges of a good sized dinner plate and was loaded with toppings. I was full after eating it but the deserts looked so good I managed to squeeze in their Banana Carob Pie. Again – yummy!

I washed it all down with the Tropical Green drink. Good but not above average and way over priced for fresh juice in Pattaya.

Next outing I had the Spaghetti & Nut Balls. Another hit, very tasty! Again the portion size was good. I followed that with the Strawberry Mouse Pie. Very good.

My thoughts on pricing:
Appetizers and Entrees priced fairly for the size and quality.
Soups, Salads & Desserts all over priced.
Drinks way over priced with the ease of access to cheap produce here in Thailand.

The atmosphere is lovely as the tables are set up surrounded by plants and trees.

Service was great once I learned to use the bell on the counter. The server came out immediately each time I rang the bell but without using the bell you could sit a long time waiting because the server was in the back working.

Directions: Because it is in the back of a retreat/spa its location is not evident. Look for the Rasayana Retreat Spa on North Pattaya Rd about 250 yards east of Naluka traffic circle – on north side of road (Photo of entrance posted)
Go to the left past the spa's reception desk to the Cafe.

Pros: Wonderful flavours, Great service, Lovely environment
Cons: Many (not all) items overpriced.
Zambezikid
Zambezikid

Experimental raw food in Pattaya

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2013

This was one of my rare ventures into a raw food restaurant so I admit to being of limited experience here.

But I must admit, I don't think I am a big fan. Food was all a bit artificial - pretending to be things it just wasn't - like 'pizza' etc.

It all just tasted of sludgy sauce.

I enjoyed the strawberry mousse cake but that was all. And the prices are quite high for Pattaya so I doubt I'll be back.

Pros: Different and experimental, Easy to find
Cons: Bit pricey, Inconsistent achievements
earthville
earthville

Heavenly food at astronomical prices

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2013

Like its sibling in Bangkok, Rasayana in Pattaya serves excellent raw food. The flavors and textures are very well assembled.

The "Mexican taco cups" are not particularly "Mexican" but absolutely delicious. The mushroom pizza (on a thin and crispy flax crust) was also very good. The strawberry mousse cake was a nice finish. And the selection of fresh fruit and veggie juices is great.

Service was very warm, which added to the pleasure of the experience.

I only wish i could afford to eat here more often. I arrived with an appetite, and portions are quite small, so i had to order several items to feel satiated. A juice, appetizer, main course, and dessert set me back 700 Baht (~US$23), which is about what one would expect to pay in the world's most expensive cities, but not in Pattaya (where my second most expensive meal was less than half that). The high pricing is a pity since the quality is really so good.

A suggestion for those with large appetites and small budgets: Have a light and cheap meal elsewhere and then come here for a snack/dessert and a juice.

Note for vegans: most of the menu items are vegan, but some items contain honey, so be sure to ask.

Enjoy!

Pros: fantastic flavor and texture, mostly vegan (except some honey), warm, friendly service
Cons: Very expensive if you're hungry

Dear Owner and Manager of Rasayana Raw Food Cafe: