Rasayana Raw Food Cafe

Raw food restaurant cafe. Vegan except for honey in some desserts and drinks. Has wheatgrass juice and other freshly pressed juices. Call before you go to confirm hours. Direction: take SkyTrain to Phrom Phong (Emporium), then get a bus or taxi. Or walk on the right side of soi 39 (coming from Sukhumvit) for 10 minutes. When reaching Soi PhromMit turn right, walk for some minutes in Soi PhromMit until you reach a restaurant on your left-hand side. When reaching this restaurant turn left into the subsoi and walk for 2 minutes, and Rasayana is on your right side. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Juice bar, Raw, Western

zroq12
zroq12

About Perfect !

5 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2014

first thing i do when i come to Bangkok, go immediately to this RAW vegan place.
there is no better way to start your day than a visit at this place.
the food is excellent, the atmosphere is relaxed and beautiful tropic.
the menu is just outstanding so much choice and every dish is something special.
they know how to make RAW food interesting.
the shakes , the desserts , the main courses , just everything is 5 star in this place. absolute my favourite place to go in Bangkok.
i have a big trouble decide what to order each time. come back everyday is the only solution. BRAVO for this place !

Pros: fantastic menu choices, great tropical atmosphere, fairly cheap priced
Cons: might be hard to find for first visit.
earthville
earthville

Urban oasis

4 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2014

Rasayana is a very pleasant retreat from the buzz of Sukhumvit.

I've eaten a few times at this location and the one in Pattaya, and the quality is consistently good.

I'm particularly fond of the "taco cups." The raw "pizzas" are good too. (I'm using "quotes" because these items bear little resemblance to the foods they're inspired by, but they're very good nonetheless.) On my last visit, i tried the eggplant "lasagna" and found it just OK (not bad, but a bit bland for my tastes — i found the side salad that came with it to be more flavorful).

If you have even the slightest sweet tooth, i would urge you all to try one of their delectable desserts, at least some of which are vegan (including the strawberry cheesecake). I'm not a fan of overly sweet desserts, and found the offerings here to be just right.

Just two minor negatives. First, the staff have other responsibilities besides looking after customers, so sometimes they disappear for long stretches of time (which can feel like an eternity if one is quite hungry or in a rush to pay and go) and one might need to get up and go looking for them. Second, there's a bit of a mosquito problem here, though they do have some repellant on hand if you need it. Personally, i wish they had some indoor seating as well as the patio.

Enjoy!
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 13, 2014

Pros: Excellent vegan desserts, Wheatgrass and other fresh juices, Pleasant patio setting
Cons: Not cheap (but worth the extra), The occasional mosquito
Dominick
Dominick

Great for raw food folks

4 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2014

It's one of the very few raw food veggie places in Bangkok, very nice atmosphere as this is a retreat and a restaurant. Nice place to go to if you want to spend a bit more money on a quality meal. If you are used to eating at places like this in London or Los Angles then it wont seem expensive at all.

Salads/Entrees are 160-180 baht, Veggie Juices 85 baht.

It is a little bit out of the way but the happy cow location is good and there are a couple of signs leading up to it.
4 stars, just because I like my food to be like a budgy going cheap cheap.

Pros: Large Raw Food Selection, Nice Atmosphere
Cons: A little expensive, A little out of the way
daveFCA
daveFCA

Fantastic!

5 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2013

Easy to find using the Happy Cow directions but also well signposted. We had the pomelo salad, Thai noodle salad & papaya salad.

Service, setting, price & quality was great & we’d definitely return. If you like raw food, it’s worth a visit.

Pros: Quality, Service, Setting
anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

Delicious and healthy raw food creations

5 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2013

This lovely cafe-restaurant has a beautiful leafy courtyard setting, and friendly workers. I went a few times and tried the raw pizza, pomelo salad, nori rolls, and beetroot almond soup. Everything was scrumptious, artistic and healthy. I've tried half a dozen different versions of raw pizza around the world, and I definitely rate this one as the best - the most filling, creamy, and pizza-like.

In terms of price, it's more expensive than other local veggie places, but worth it for the gourmet experience, and cheaper than raw food in any rich country.

My only disappointment with the restaurant was that there was honey in all the desserts (when I went) which is sad if you're vegan and love raw desserts like I do.

Pros: Tasty and healthy, Amazing raw pizza
Cons: Honey in all the desserts

kpdc
kpdc

BEST VEGETARIAN in all Bangkok!!!

5 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2012

I travel to Bangkok regularly for work and this is the BEST veg restaurant in the whole city. First, it's part of a larger holistic spa which is FANTASTIC. I recommend you get a massage first! Second, the entire restaurant is raw/vegan. I had a Thai papaya salad, fresh celery/coconut juice, and banana 'creme' pie. I thought I was going to melt and go to heaven. I came back a second time. Finally, the staff are really kind and super helpful. I love this place (and so does everyone else) because they were definitely booked up on the weekend.

Pros: Amazing Food, Charming Ambiance, Great Spa
Cons: Spa gets busy/make appt in advance
nixxter
nixxter

A Hidden Treasure

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2012

I wandered around looking for this place, and forgot to bring a printout of their provided map. I ended up at a random shopping complex quite confused. When I called, Rasayana sent a motorcycle taxi to come and get me! So nice.

I ordered the Taco Cup appetizer. Absolutely delicious. I sat on the patio and savored every single bite. It was so scrumptous that I ordered the Strawberry Cheesecake (to-go) as well as the Spaghetti & Nut-balls. The cheesecake was FANTASTIC (especially cus I'm dairy free - so I can NEVER have cheesecake!). The nut-balls in the spaghetti dish were delicious, but the spaghetti sauce was a little too sweet for my taste.

I plan to return here as many times as possible before I leave Bangkok. It's hard to find vegan desserts that are made from whole foods and guaranteed to be dairy-free. Thanks Rasayana!

Pros: Delicious dishes, Healthy ingredients, Friendly staff
Cons: Hard to find, Patio can be hot
rawfoodie
rawfoodie

• raw

Some delicious raw food options

3 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2012

Every time I go through Bangkok, I visit this place. Initially I raved about it, but overtime - perhaps as I ate my way through the menu - my assessment became more, shall we say, balanced. There are some delicious items, especially the salads! The main courses, however, can be hit or miss. Some are fantastic, like the Mushroom burger, but I found the Sun Burger inedible and other items were just glorified salads. Sadly, the desserts were often disappointing. (From my culinary perspective, there's nothing worse than an unsatisfactory dessert!) The packaged raw snacks they sell by the counter inside are usually quite tasty. Although raw food is rarely cheap, dining here is expensive and a full meal can easily cost US$20 per person (juice, salad, main, desert). The price tag is high for Thailand considering the facilities are basic (although nicely done) and the location is remote, well tucked away in residential neighborhood. If you enjoy raw food and find yourself in Bangkok, it's worth a try.

Kazi
Kazi

Literally fabulous

5 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2012

If you have never had raw vegan food before you must come here. I'm sure you will be really amazed.
And if you already know about raw vegan food you also must come here. You'll get a new standard.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value
eatinggreen
eatinggreen

Amazing Raw Cuisine in the Bangkok

5 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2011

We had read the great reviews here on happycow so came armed with a certain breeze of confidence in our choice to try this place. Our resolve was tested at many stages along the way of trying to find it in 35 degree heat, but wow - it really was worth it! To to our style, we tried much more than most would be able to eat in one session, but every speck was consumed and thoroughly enjoyed.

The only possible gripes we had were that the eating area is situated outside, so it tends to be quite hot. Also the rattan chairs are quite hard. I've injured my leg so it hurt quite a bit sitting there, but my partner assures me that for 'normal' people should be fine.

Apart from that though, innovative and tasty raw creations at Thai prices and international standards. A must try for health minded visiters to Bangkok.

Pros: extensive menu all of which are great, some local raw dishes, green leafy area
Cons: outdoor seating means it's hot, hard seats, difficult to find
Robertasg
Robertasg

Rasayana Retreat

5 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2011

My girlfriend and I ate at Rasayana twice a week for nearly a year. Their raw food options are plentiful, always fresh, and clean. The Thai staff is accommodating, friendly, and aware of their guests needs. The food is reasonably priced for the quality of food that you get. They allow take out and their hours are firm. So, you won't show up to their resturaunt only to find out that it is closed, a common issue that I have with some buisnesses in Thailand.
The only issue I have is that it is difficult to find if you want to go there by foot. Take a tuk tuk, the trip will be 30 baht. You can request a taxi to leave, but, I just recommend walking out to the main road where there is more transport options.

Pros: Excellent food, Health orriented, Affordable colon therapy options
Cons: Hard to locate on foot
BrandiF
BrandiF

I love this place!

5 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2011

Rasayana was so delicious! I wish there were another location in Los Angeles. We were there late on a Saturday night, and they were actually out of the two items we wanted most, but we were more than happy with what we got. It is almost worth the plane ticket just to be able to have dinner there again.

Pros: Excellent raw, vegan food
Groucho
Groucho

Sorry, but...

2 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2011

the food I had there was actually uneatable and overpriced by far. Wouldn't go there again.
BTW: No cow, if possible. Why not?

andreasholm
andreasholm

Fantastic raw food restaurant

5 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2011

My visit to Rasayana opened up a whole new world for me.
I thought raw food would be very boring and non creative.
After my visit I started reading books and also took a cooking class (preparation class) in raw food.
The food is delicious! I went there with some friends and we all shared the food so I tried a variety of their dishes.
Fresh, beautiful and very tasteful! Cosy ambiance.

Pros: Tasteful, Ambiance, The desserts
Cons: Location
eric
eric

Amazing

5 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2010

I was really dazzled by the presentations and tastes here, very unexpected for Thailand. There seems to be a wave of raw food restaurants hitting within the Spa setting.
I happened to show up alone just a little before a local raw, vegan meetup group showed and was able to join them for dinner. Got to try a number of dishes and desserts. I especially liked the Sushi rolls, and the tacos. From the desserts, my favorite was the Strawberry Cheesecake.
They only have (afasik) limited seating outside. I got a few mosi bites while sitting there.

Pros: Raw Vegan, Presentations
Cons: Limited seating
Veronica01
Veronica01

Very delicious and well presented

5 Posted on 11 / 23 / 2010

So after walking around for over 30 minutes trying to find this place, we finally found it, after going to a coffee shop, getting some internet and then checking Happy Cow again. The google maps location is WRONG, so don't use that, use the map on this website and no taxi driver or anyone in the vicinity will actually know where it is or have heard of it. We ended up at Lemon Farm Organic Store and they had never heard of it and didn't know what raw food was.

You need to turn at the street right before the Romana Italian/Spanish restaurant and go down the road that looks like an alley with no sidewalks, and then turn right when you see the green Rasayana sign and then you will pass a guard and tell him where you're going and you will see another sign on your right and a parking lot and the retreat/cafe is in there.

We ate a little food at the small Ariya raw food cafe in MBK mall before this, the pad thai was good there, but we were not expecting such delicious and exquisite food that we received from Rasayana.

We own a raw food info business and often shy away from raw food restaurants because it's usually all nuts which is tasteless fatty and expensive, but we thought maybe they'd have some delicious raw thai dishes we should try.

We ordered a ton of stuff, so we got a good idea of their culinary skills and have to say everything was beautiful and had excellent flavours of sweet, sour, and a tiny bit of salty and spicy along with crunchy and creamy textures it was really enjoyable to eat.

We ordered:

Island Paradise fruit soup, which we were expecting just like a smoothie with some chunks of fruit in it, but it was savory as well, not sure what greens they put in it but it was really interesting.

Rasayana Salad, which was a nice sized salad with lots of veggies and some avocado and a spoonful of pate and sprouts, with the tahini dressing it was really nice and delicious.

Zucchini Fettucini & Red Sauce was the most enjoyable vegetable pasta I've ever had. I've had a TON of raw sundried tomato garlic marinara on zucchini and thought I would never again eat it. It was tangy and fresh and a little sweet and very tasty not like italian marinara at all.

Vegetable sandwich was a surprise, like the best parts of a sandwich without the fatty nut bread and felt like a salad sandwich delicious dressings and very satisfying

Eggplant lasagna, better than most raw lasagna but least fav.

Enjoy all the photos I took for you! The menu is huge!

Pros: delicious, well presented, affordable compared to American prices
Cons: not on a main road, taxis and locals don't know where it is
Noanimal
Noanimal

Rare find - Excellent raw food place

5 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2010

When I stayed on Sukhumvit road, I was looking for a vegatarian place and found Rasayana. It was just what I needed since I finished a 7day detox program a couple of days before.

The food is totally amazing, I did not know that all of this was possible with raw food. I had the spagetti in Thai sauce, the spagetti was actually made from young coconut strings. Awsome! The deserts are yumm too (raw carrot cake.. yes!!) and they can make a take-away package.

The directions on how to get there in some of the other reviews here are exellent. I could find it hasslefree.

It's a great experience and it's worth making the extra effort of going there even if you are not in Sukumvit area.

Pros: A hidden gem!
Cons: NONE
dimitri
dimitri

amazing gourmet healthy restaurant

5 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2010

one of best restaurant i ever been!!
amazing gourmet food,tasty,cheap compare to raw food gourmet in west, fast serve food, amazing selection of food, great juices,nice atmosphere, what an oasis!!

Pros: healthy, cheap, enviroment
Cons: not so easy to found
enRoute
enRoute

super tucked away raw food spot

5 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2010

I too had some great food here, including the tasty nut loaf and some homemade almond milk - as long as you know what to expect with raw foods, you'll be happy. I'd recommend checking the website for the map as it makes it easier to visualize than the instructions here. Lovely people, also good snacks available at the counter and a fantastic spa. Recommended!

Pros: high quality thai raw food
Cons: a bit of a walk, pricey
godresse
godresse

Regular at Rasayana

5 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2010

I've been here heaps now, love the place! Have ordered half the menu so will list my favorites:

Good: Tacos are great, cabbage spring rolls are my favorite, sushi is good, pizza is good

Bad: lasagne was just OK, pesto spaghetti was my least favorite second to the seaweed salad which I could not eat it was so bad.

For anyone interested in Raw Vegan Food, join the Bangkok Raw Vegan meetup as they hold regular Raw Vegan events. http://www.meetup.com/Bangkok-Raw-Meetup/ Its a great way to meet people interested in healthy living!

Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: Mosquitoes
bluedonut
bluedonut

great place, that's global-competitive

5 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2010

I've eaten at some fancy raw places in europe and the states, and this place can compete with them. I try to eat off their specials board, but usually end up exhausting that and hitting their main menu. I also recommended their juices, which are perfectly juiced. Yes it's a bit out of the way, so you could simply go to the BTS stop and get a taxi but have Rasayana tell the taxi guy how to get their. Or do the walk, which is a brisk 10 minute walk.

Pros: fresh ingredients, gourmet, juices
Cons: a bit warm outside, watch mosquitoes at dusk
chillin
chillin

Rawness in a relaxing setting

4 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2009

After reading the reviews for Rasayana here on HappyCow (and working our way through all the vegan eateries) we headed out to find this raw food cafe! It was about 10-15 mins walk from the BTS but easy to find using the directions. Rasayana is set in beautiful surroundings (we went there in the evening) and found this to be a relaxing dining experience. We ordered lots of delicious dishes off the menu - in hindsight we probably ordered too many as we were over full by the end of the evening. The starters - especially the tofu, were the most tasty. We ordered the black squid (vegan) spaghetti as we were intrigued - this was the least favourite dish of the eve as it did taste extremely fishy (I guess the clue was in the name)and we both found it difficult to enjoy. The frozen dessert was indeed frozen, but tasty nonotheless.

Pros: Raw and organic, Freshly prepared, Accommodating staff
Cons: A bit on the expensive side
maynard7
maynard7

It's OK

3 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2008

After reading all the gushing reviews, I had to try this place. I thought the food was OK, but nothing that special. I ordered the "spaghetti" which was described as having a zesty sauce, but it was actually sweet. I ordered the strawberry cream mousse pie which was described as creamy, but it was served frozen. Both items were OK, but nothing to write home about, and I probably won't go back. The dining area has a nice outdoor setting. Because of construction noise nearby, it might be better to go for dinner rather than lunch. The prices are high for Thailand, but affordable to foreigners. The food I found to be just average overall.

Pros: Atmosphere, Fresh ingredients
Cons: Prices
wengkit
wengkit

Raw in Bangkok

5 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2008

The food was great, i tried the mexican taco cup, eggplant lasagna & the macadamia strawberry pie. The instructions given was excellent. Just a little more detail, the restaurant on the left at soi phrom mitr is called "Duki Suki" located at the Phrom Mitr Place apartments, this is where you will make a left turn into the small lane.

Pros: raw & delicious, quiet
Cons: location
  • Noanimal Noanimal

Thank you for leaving additional road directions on how to get to Rasayana. i could find it without any problems. It's a great place i love the menu!

A
A

YUMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2008

This is the best vegetarian prepared food in Bangkok!!! Or in all of Thailand right now!!!
Fresh ingredients, innovative dishes, taste yummy, and feel great after meal!!
The staff are great too.
Also offers delivery in Bangkok!!!
Even fulfilled special requests, like a huge container of cherry tomatoes.
Order with little or no salt in the sauces, for the sensitive.
Yummy!!!!!!

Pros: Yum!!!, fresh food!, raw!!!
Cons: can hold back a little bit on the salt, in the sauces
goldie
goldie

Very good

5 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2008

I ate here a few times early August '08. The directions on happycow are accurate & you will need them to find this place if you are not familiar with Bangkok addresses.
It's outdoor seating in a courtyard under umbrellas, nice furniture.
Extensive menu of drinks, snacks & mains. I found the servings were generous, so be careful of ordering too much.

Everything I had was good - juices, smoothies & I tried a variety of food items. Tacos, vegie sandwich, fruit salad. The one thing I didn't like much was the carrot cake. I know it's raw but I was expecting something a bit carrot cake like. This was more or less just grated carrot frozen into a wedge shape. Have to remember that it's raw food. Tasted OK & I ate it all, but nothing like a real carrot cake.

Staff are very nice & I'm sure the treatments here are good. I would have used them but I was only there a few days. I think they also have a branch at Pattaya which could be good for an upmarket detox.

I used to take the skytrain the Prom Phong & then walk, took about 15 minutes.

Was eating there one night & observed a couple of giant snails moving about the decking. Amazing creatures - they had shells like you'd find on a beach.

char.star
char.star

yumyumyumYUMMY

5 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2008

After reading all the great reviews, and checking out the website, I HAD to go here. The directions on this site are fool-proof (thanks!) and I had no troubles finding it. The first time I went, I ordered spahetti and nut balls. FANTASTIC! I tried not to eat too fast, but I couldn't help it! The banana carob pie is also to die for. I came back a few hours later with a non-veg friend, and she LOVED it. Everything tastes amazing. And it's the kind of place where you can stuff yourself with an appetizer, entree, and dessert and feel GOOD about it! I also went today. The staff smile and recognize me everytime. To me, it's not that expensive. And their little energy bars, cookies and such that they sell are also delicious :) My favourite restaurant so far. I plan on visiting a few more times while I'm in Bangkok.

Pros: very healthy, awesome food, polite, friendly staff
Ton
Ton

Great place to eat

5 Posted on 12 / 21 / 2007

Thanks to the instructions of this website I was able to find this place. First took the Skytrain and then followed the route as explained in other review. (Thanks!!!) It's a retreat, people serving where dressed in white. I was the only customer for the raw food cafe when I was there. A week ago I was on a 1 week fast in Ko Samui, for colonic cleansing. That where I heard about this place and happycow. The food at Rasayana was excellent, divine really. I had a Ceaser salade and a vegi sandwich. Especially the sandwich was so special. I can recommended this place to anybody into healthy food. Yes up-scale prices for Thailand but more then worth it. I'm going to try to eat at this place everyday as long as I'm in Bangkok.

• Ton Ton

In december 2009 we where here again, and still as good!

We uploaded pictures of their rawfood here:

oykeeranun
oykeeranun

Please.. Let share the cooking class cost here.

5 Posted on 10 / 26 / 2007

Hi I'm one of the big fan here. I like the taste of raw food here very much. So I like to know the ingredents they made. I asked them about the cooking class.It is quite expensive but I negotiated till get a very good deal. It is 12000 Baht/10 dishes for up to 3 persons in each class session. The class is the whole day so there are 2 sessions, morning and afternoon. They cannot hold more than 3 persons each as the kitchen there is quit small. So let say if you interested 5 dish you can take one session at 2000 baht. But if you interested 10 dishes then, it costs 4000 baht. No matter you choose to take 5 or 10, we still can share all the recipes. I really want to take the class and would like to find friends who also interested in this to share the cost. Please call me at 084-0082121 as I might not be able to check mail so often. Or e-mail oy_faiupara@yahoo.com Thank you.

Pros: very tasty than any raw food I have ever, most healthy food, private & ralax place
Cons: none maybe hard to find for new persons
Satrai
Satrai

Her's how to get there...

4 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2007

Walk on the right side of soi 39 (coming from Sukhumvit) for 10 minutes. When reaching Soi PhromMit turn right. Walk for some minutes in Soi PhromMit until you reach a restaurant on your left-hand side called "Cucky Suki" / "Ducky Suki" or something like that. When reaching this restaurant turn left into the subsoi and walk for about 2 minutes. Rasayana is on your right hand.

• Noanimal Noanimal

Thanks for leaving good directions on how to get to Rasayana cafe in Bangkok. I loved the place and had a great raw food experience.

edward
edward

wow! unbelievable! delicious!

5 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2007

These were just about the only words that were spoken during the lunch we just had at Rasayana Raw Food Cafe...

Inviting my wife and a friend for lunch, they simply couldn't believe how good food can taste when it's not been cooked!

The guys at Rasayana are wonderful and I'll be back - again and again! :-)

What a great find - something I *really* didn't expect in Bangkok...

Although the location is a bit difficult to get to, it's not too bad if you go by SkyTrain to Phrom Phong (Emporium) and then get a baht bas or taxi.

As for price, certainly it's more expensive than eating chicken / bugs / pork BBQ from the street, but for a Westerner it's really very reasonable. We paid THB 1,400 for 3 people and went totally overboard with our order because we wanted to try so many things! (4 starters / 3 main courses / 2 salads / 3 smoothies) - phenomenal!

Pros: delicious food, great service, healthy healthy healthy!
Cons: location?

Dear Owner and Manager of Rasayana Raw Food Cafe: