CLOSED: Rasa Newcastle

Serves meat, veg options available. Part of a chain of Indian restaurants specializing in South Indian dishes. Lots of choices in vegan starters and main dishes. Take away vegan lunch box. A short walk from the Quayside bus stop (Quaylink buses only) and from other points in the city such as Eldon Square. 2015 CLOSED, replaced by Ury Indian Cuisine - see that listing. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Non-veg

Mon-Sun 6:00pm-11:00pm, Mon-Sat 12:00pm-3:00pm

First Review by Sarita
gidoca
gidoca
  • non-vegetarian

Just ask the staff for vegan options

Posted on 06 / 17 / 2015

Excellent food. The staff were more than happy to point out which menu items are vegan, of which there are several. With dessert, the options were a bit more limited, and what we did get was not that well presented, but delicious. The place was not super cheap, but adequately priced - most main courses were around 10£.

Braidy
Braidy

Delicious

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2015

Classic Indian restaurant with smart décor and lots of smiling waiters. The man who greeted me spoke English as a second language and I worried he wouldn't know what a vegan was, but I was completely wrong as he pointed out the vegan options to me straight away. They were very tasty indeed (though medium-sized: some people may consider the portion sizes too small, others just right). We were delighted to see puris on the menu and even more delighted when they arrived: we only got one each, but each one was the size of a dinner plate! Bliss! We even got a dessert although it came with mango sorbet instead of ice cream, which I didn't really mind. The prices are rather high but perhaps this is a case of getting what you pay for.

Pros: Food is perfect, vegan-friendly
Cons: Serves meat
J-Veg
J-Veg

delicious dosas

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2014

Went here for a take-away and was informed that everything on the menu can be made veggie/vegan on request. I had a dosa and enjoyed it very much! Nice atmosphere and great location. Worth a try if your in town

Sarita
Sarita

Delicious South Indian food

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2014

South Indian restaurants are very rare to find and I was happy that I could have dosa with aloo, sambar and chutney. I enjoyed it a lot and regret that I didn't have time to taste more dishes.

Pros: Inexpensive, good taste, variety of vegan dishes
Cons: No lunchbox in the weekend

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Rasa Newcastle: