Rani's World Foods Kitchen

Restaurant inside a large Indian grocery store. Offers complimentary chai tea, free wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out
16711 Hollister St
Houston, Texas 77066
281-440-8080

Open Sun-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri-Sat 10am-10pm.

First Review by Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

All Vegetarian Indian deliciousness

4 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2013

This is a small cafe inside of an Indian grocery. They have free wifi and chai tea (not vegan), with Bollywood videos playing on two flat screens. There are about a dozen tables, with plenty of seating. The menu is all vegetarian, with many vegan options, but none of the vegan items are indicated. When I was here owner Anew (sp?) was working and she diligently reviewed all of the vegan items on her menu. There were a couple of items that she had to check on, which tells me that she does not get many vegans. We vegans need to frequent this place. It's very good and the people are very nice. My only concern is that, if Anew isn't here when you come, her staff may not understand vegan. I did suggest that she mark the vegan items. Hopefully she will.

The food I had was very good. It was fresh and flavorful. I ordered methi paratha, aloo paratha, samosa chat (incredible) and a small side of Chana masala. $10!!!!

Pros: Cheap!! , tasty
Cons: Remote
  • SuneelChander SuneelChander

Thank you for your kind response. We have taken steps within our staff to teach them about Vegan. I am improving our general look and feel of our restaurant portion and we have also since added in an assistant chef who is making fresh naan bread (vegan)... Also a full line of INDO-CHINESE (real popular in India). Its truly awesome, I encourage you to come back and try these out!

Dear Owner and Manager of Rani's World Foods Kitchen: