Randita's Organic Vegan Cafe

Organic vegan cafe with also a mobile food trailer. Makes wraps (grilled veggies, BBQ seitan, sausage, hummus, taco tofu, and chickenless), grain and bean burgers, plus green salad and fruit smoothie. Established spring 2002. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by lsalsgiver
andreafbe
andreafbe

A pretty good option

3 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

I ate here a few days ago and wasn't sure how I was going to review the place. The d├ęcor of the restaurant is nice and our server was nice as well. Initially it took quite a while to get waited on, but once we ordered the food came quickly. I ordered the grain and bean burger. It was fine but nothing unusual or outstanding. My dining partner had a veggie wrap and felt the same. There were no sides served with the entrees, so if you are hungry order additional food. I tried to order a muffin or pie for dessert but they were out of all desserts on the menu. Considering the lack of vegan choices in the 'burg it is nice to have this one, but the menu options are a bit average. I would eat here again but they need to step up the service and the options.

Pros: Nice decor, Nice people, A rare vegan option in Pittsburgh
Cons: Slow service, Basic vegan food options
lsalsgiver
lsalsgiver

Great Food and Atmosphere

5 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2013

We really enjoyed our meal at Randita's. I had eaten at their food truck a number of times and then heard they opened a restaurant close to home. I took my husband who is a meat eater and he had their Spicy Sausage Wrap and I had their Grilled Veggie Wrap. They were both great and my husband couldn't believe that there were no meat products in the sausage. The owners are great and friendly. They are even willing to help anyone get started on a plant based diet. I would highly recommend visiting their new restaurant!

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Friendliness

Dear Owner and Manager of Randita's Organic Vegan Cafe: