Ranchos - Sunset Cliffs

Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican restaurant that also offers vegetarian and vegan choices. Has another location in North Park. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mexican, Take-out, Non-veg

Vadim
Vadim

Off the Charts

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2015

I've never seen such a vegan-friendly Mexican restaurant before. It was nearly impossible to choose between the multiple options, but the waitress was very helpful and accommodating, and I ended up getting some combo plate that was fabulous; but honestly, this is the kind of place where you can't go wrong - everything they make is fresh, tasty, comparatively cheap, and large portions. There is a good drink selection, alcoholic and non. I came back a second time the following day, and almost needed to be wheeled out in a barrel because my eyes were bigger than my stomach. It's a nice atmosphere, too, and seemed to draw people of all sorts and ages.

Pros: comprehensive vegan menu, great service, comparatively cheap
Cons: not thinking of any
ShantiPeace
ShantiPeace

Cool Place

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2015

Everyone I bring there loves the place, young and old. It's fun, healthy and has a large menu. They have a small organic salad bar and also sell combucha and fesh coco's. Good energy and accommodating.

Oliveyou
Oliveyou

Ranchos is great!

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

This restaurant is great for everybody! So many vegan options like soy chorizo, tempeh, tofu, etc. I had the soy chorizo taco and tofu enchilada, yum yum! I would definitely go back. The burritos are huge! They have kombucha, organic beer, Yerba mate, and juices to drink. Outside garden patio area is nice to eat in.

Pros: reasonable prices, nice setting and cool interior

stacypatel
stacypatel

Always awesome

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

We frequent this restaurant, with the organic salad bar and fresh juices as options, also plentiful vegan options, delicious and large portions, authentic feel and great service. The vegan desserts are awesome! They are flexible about substituting and we love the enchiladas and vegan tamales.

Pros: great food, fast and friendly service, MANY vegan options
endurancejer
endurancejer

Es Bueno! Love this place!

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2014

This place caught our eye as we drive by enroute to Sunset Cliffs. We stopped for "vegan fish tacos", which were traditional mexican tacos made with tempeh. They were so bomb. Coming back a second time, we discovered the entire menu was available vegan and they specify vegan or veg options with a "V" on the menu. I highly recommend Ranchos when you come to San Diego.

CaioLynn
CaioLynn

WOW!

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

Delicious food! We tried the trio of enchiladas and the vegan carne asada burrito. All was amazing. We also enjoyed the vegan chips and salsa served before the meal.

Pros: low prices, delicious food, great location
Cons: slow service, cramped seating, limited parking
jamber79
jamber79

Great food

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2012

The service was not good, nor was was it super friendly. The food, however, was great! Lots of vegetarian and vegan options, way more than i've seen at any other mexican restaurant. Had the tempeh tacos and they were deliscious! Prices were reasonable too. Will try again to try other items and see if their empolyees were just having a bad night.

jmg
jmg

A local favorite mex with lots of vegan options

Posted on 05 / 31 / 2011

Love this place. They're always happy to accommodate our requests, are very friendly, and the food is consistently good. Very casual, OB kind of place.

Pros: Many tasty vegan options, Great mexican coffee, Great staff
Cons: Service friendly, but a times a bit slow
surfvegan
surfvegan

Wow!

Posted on 03 / 20 / 2009

When I saw "some vegetarian options" I didn't have too high of hopes, but I was wrong! They had everything from tofu, to veggie patties and soy chorizo, to tempeh. And best part is they mark on the menu what is vegetarian and what are the vegan options. This place was really good, especially for a little hole in the wall.

Pros: Good Service, Large Menu, Good Prices
nivek41
nivek41

Fantastic

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2008

My family and I went to eat at Ranchos in Ocean Beach today for the first time. I walked away being quite impressed. The service could have been a bit better however our waiter also appeared to be the cook so I had a bit of understanding. The corn and advocado enchiladas were awesome!

Pros: Good Food, Nice Neighborhood, Comfortable atmosphere
bavegan
bavegan

Ranchos

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2007

This was some pretty good mexican food for a decent price... Plenty of vegan options- had both dinner and breakfast there... Dinner was about $25 including drinks! I had the Lentil, Avocado, and cheese burrito- minus the cheese. It was decent, nothing special. The tofu scramble was delicious, and I can't wait to go back here again!!

Pros: Good food, nice atmosphere, margaritas!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Ranchos - Sunset Cliffs: