Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican restaurant offering veggie items, labelled on the menu. Has vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, soy deep fried ice cream. Faux chicken and tofu options in burritos, quesadilas, tacos, fajitas. The rice, beans, and soups are dairy free. Vegan items are kept seperate, and each entree is cooked on its own plate or fry pan. The bar serves local micro brews, and there is live music upstairs in the lounge at night. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
300 College St
Toronto, Ontario M5T1R9
416-920-0366

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Ken4057
shwaggylove
shwaggylove

Yum!

4 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2012

So incredible to sit down in a Mexican joint and pretty much order whatever you like (not all dishes are vegan, but the selection is great). The main dishes were huge and came with a side of rice, beans and salad. The fried icecream was HUGE and was more than my husband and I could finish. A vegan dream...

Pros: vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, cactus and tequilla dish
melskunk
melskunk

Busy but relaxed

3 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2011

I took my girlfriend here in November. We went on a VERY busy night, and as such I found the service unfortunately rather slow, but the place was utterly packed. The price was reasonable, and I wish I had mentioned my needs because I would have liked a larger option set on the vegan menu. I don't remember if the menu specifically mentioned they could veganify the meals but I don't think so.

I also found I didn't enjoy the ambiance very much. Some restaurants seem to amplify noise and this is one of them. We had to talk very loudly to hear each other and I don't feel the crowd was being overly noisy, the walls just seemed to reflect the sound back on us.

None the less, we had a very hearty meal, with apps, and I would gladly go back again, just maybe not on a Friday night when it's likely to be crowded. The complementary nachos and salsa to start really helped the long wait too.

Pros: Tasty, Vegan
Cons: Slow, LOUD
IzzyV
IzzyV

Tasty mexican with all the vegan trimmings

4 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2010

I was thrilled when I realized they served vegan sour creme and cheese in their enchiladas. The waitress was super friendly and informative about veganizing most of what is in the menu. I will definatly be back again.

Pros: authentic, good portions, vegan sour creme

vivisected000
vivisected000

Heavy Soy Dependence and Not Quite Authentic

4 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2010

Finding authentic Mexican food in Toronto is very difficult, but Rancho Relaxo gives it a good try. They have about 4 vegan entrees listed, but the staff is quick to inform you that anything on the menu can be made "vegan style" for just a little bit extra. Portions are satisfying and the food is tasty, but the heavy dependence on soy means you may be feeling the gastric pain later on.

Pros: reasonably priced, adequate portions, good decor
Cons: too much soy
Ohkamp
Ohkamp

Great vegan offerings

4 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2010

I've enjoyed my meals at Rancho Relaxo. Great vegan mexican options with all the trimmings and decent portions. I hope they continue to expand the vegan menu though as it is quite small relative to their meat items.

Pros: Good food
Cons: Not fully vegetarian/vegan
halston
halston

yummy!

4 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2010

It's awesome to see a place supply vegan sour cream and cheese, I love mexican food but this is such a bonus!
The deep fried soy icecream is a total must!!

Ken4057
Ken4057

Fried Vegan Ice Cream

2 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2009

Need I say more? Yum in the tum.

The entrees weren't so impressive. Smallish portions and not very exciting. Superior spicy vegan fare can be found just down the street at Sneaky Dee's, which also has delish vegan cupcakes sometimes, and the chef is a vegan, too.

Pros: vegan friend ice cream
Cons: pretty boring fare, chilly in the fall/winter

Dear Owner and Manager of Rancho Relaxo: