CLOSED: Rampersad's Roti

Serves meat, veg options available. Known for its fresh made roti filled with meat or veggies. Also Caribbean BBQ jerk tofu, rice and peas, spinach fritters, fried plantain, and others. Tea, organic coffee, and vegan friendly desserts available. MARCH 2013: Moved out of its location at 397 Wyandotte Street East in Dec 2012 and is looking to re-locate -- please update happycow when it re-opens! Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Caribbean, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

harrysandy
harrysandy

Great

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2012

I had the vegan platter--an assortment of dishes, 6 or 7--including chick peas, spinach, other foods I couldn't clearly identify, but they were all lovely. It's just a few blocks south of Caesar's, where I had been at a conference. Caesars had no idea how to feed a vegan. After 2 days of this, It was a huge relief to find Rampersad's Roti Shop. I felt like I had come back into civilization. I also enjoyed some vegan pineapple cake. Prompt service, but there is no rush to get you out of there.

Pros: Warm, tasty, vegan atmosphere
osity
osity

Good food for everyone. Awesome little vegan joint

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2012

This place has food for everyone. I'm vegan. Their food was good, service was friendly and quick.It;s healthy and the prices were great. The outside of the restaurant looks a little rough and if it werent for the the vegan options I may have never gone, but im glad I did. Everyone should check it out.

Pros: fast, affordable, friendly
Cons: exterior
_lawlipops_
_lawlipops_

Delicious - Veg*n items labelled on menu

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2012

There are not too many places in Windsor that actually label the vegan dishes. I really liked the aloo and chana roti and their rice pudding. They food was hot and fresh, and I will definitely return soon. Prices are excellent.

Pros: Menu selection, Price, Taste
Cons: Took a while to get food

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Rampersad's Roti: