Rama Garden Thai

Serves meat, veg options available. More upscale Thai restaurant, warm setting. Offers some vegetarian dishes with tofu, eggs, and veggies. Will accommodate special requests. Open for lunch and dinner. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by drwill
Libby Ann
Libby Ann

Favorite Thai Place

4 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

This place is a 5 minute walk from where I work, so I've been there many times. I usually get carry-out though. I almost always order the tofu red curry because it's my favorite but I've had a few other dishes. I love their fresh, not fried, spring rolls, but the fried ones are good too.
The service is friendly and fast. They messed up my order one time, but they were nice about it.
The restaurant is okay. It could use some work, but it's pleasant enough to eat there.

Pros: Great food!, Fast!, Curteous
Cons: restaurant a little dingy
pentagoth79
pentagoth79

Great Thai Food

4 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2012

I ordered a coke, spring rolls and the red curry tofu. It came out pretty quickly. Both were delicious and my total came to $16.37. I don't think that's bad for downtown Norfolk. It's really close to my office so I can walk there.
I love the table art. The place is clean. The waitstaff is nice. They have a vegetarian menu and some items are vegan. You can ask for them to omit the eggs in some dishes. According to the other review, you should always ask if the dish you want has any fish/sea food products in it. I believe curry is just coconut milk and spices. If anyone finds out differently, please comment.
I recommend this place to anyone in the downtown area looking for a good vegetarian meal at a descent price.

Pros: Yummy, Clean, Friendly
Cons: Some sauces contain fish
drwill
drwill

Oyster sauce in master sauce

2 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2012

They have a vegetarian section on their menu, but their food is not vegetarian because the master sauce contains oyster sauce. I always ask about fish sauce at asian restaurants and the waiter was very nice and honest and honest about ingredients. The chef mixed up a fresh batch of master sauce without oyster sauce just for our party. Good food and the prices are about $9-$13 a plate. The atmosphere is nice, but there is a TV near the dining area.

In short, the menu claims some dishes are vegetarian but they are not. However the staff is more than happy to make dishes actually vegetarian upon request.

Pros: good food, friendly staff
Cons: veggie food not vegetarian

Dear Owner and Manager of Rama Garden Thai: