Ram Poeng Vegetarian

Offers vegetarian food and has fresh fruit juices and hilltribe filter coffee. Free Wi-Fi. Located behind Wat Ram Poeng temple in the Doi Suthep area. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Organic, Thai, Buffet, Juice bar, Take-out

Susan Ge
Susan Ge

Typical Hilltribe coffee

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2015

I was told to get a real good hilltribe coffee here. It tasted different from farang-coffee and I quite liked it. Didn't try the food here as I wasn't hungry. The place is very small, english conversation is a nogo. But worth a coffee anyway.

• Mrs. Lungor Mrs. Lungor

I wonder why people write a review if not eating in a "vegetarian restaurant". I also do not offer hillcoffee for several months already so I wonder how this person could drink hillcoffee? I offer herbal drinks. My custoomers from England, America, Australia, Canada... confirm that my English is very good for a Thai person. Maybe I was not in the restaurant for some minutes to buy rice or vegetables if this customer has been really at my place.

zocean
zocean

Disappointed...

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2015

The food used to be great but now they use MSG.... Yuk

Pros: Out Of City
Cons: MSG
  • Mrs. Lungor Mrs. Lungor

I do absolutely not use MSG. This is simply not true. So I think the person who was writing that has maybe it's own vegetarian business or another reason to try to cause some damage to my little restaurant.

• zocean zocean

I do not have a restaurant here or any business. I came to your place a while back and asked if you used MSG and you said no so we ordered 2 dishes. One hour later I was being sick in a bucket and so came back to see you and ask if you put MSG in my food and you replied Yes in english. I am speaking the truth and I have a witness.

Nicola_P
Nicola_P
  • non-vegetarian

Great food and atmosphere

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

Ram Poeng is actually one of the best vegetarian restaurants I have ever been, anywhere. Food is tasty and even non-vegetarian customers will find it delicious. The owner is really cool and easygoing. A really peaceful place to stay!

P.S. Price is OK!

Pros: delicious food, atmosphere, make yourself at home
Cons: tiny place (is this a con? :-), mmm... what else?

Ca_Scia
Ca_Scia

@Ram Poeng Every Lunch

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2014

This is the Best vegetarian restaurant in Chiang Mai. It is True.

firecracker864213579
firecracker864213579

Tasty vegetarian meals

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

Very tasty vegetarian food and friendly service.

Pros: Cheap prices
yeehi
yeehi

Plain And Simple

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2014

Run by good people. A quiet, minimalist ambiance. Hill tribe coffee available.

Pros: Cheap, Offbeat Location, Quiet
Cons: Limited Menu, No Puddings, Newly Established
jo2014
jo2014

Great vegatarian food at a great temple

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2014

I was visiting the amazing wooden temple in the famous Wat Rampoeng 1 week ago. I found a small vegetarian restaurant there and had a very delicious meal. The atmosphere was so relaxed. I have been there several times in the meanwhile and I am sooooo happy to have that great and absolutely inexpensive clean and tasty food so close to Chiang Mai University and directly at my most favorite temple. I also appreciate to get a good hilltribe coffee there (no Nescafe!). Thumbs up.

• Khundom Khundom

I live in Chiang Mai and eat at Ram Poeng vegetarian at least 2 times a week. I've had them cater food for me too and I promise you that they don't use MSG.
    I like that they cook original dishes and not food that's dressed up to look like meat dishes--no need for that. I don't know why so many vegetarian restaurants do it.

• Khundom Khundom