Serves meat, veg options available. Offers a vegetarian & vegan section on its menu with many entree choices, including tofu veggie biryani, mushroom matar, dal makhni, chickpea masala, tofu broccoli karahi, and veg korma. A vegetarian dinner buffet is offered on the 1st Thursday of each month with a la carte menu also available. A la carte 80 items separate vegan menu also available everyday. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Catering, Take-out, Non-veg
742 W 21st St
Norfolk, Virginia 23517
757-625-4634

Open Mon-Fri 11.30am-2.30pm, 5-10pm, Sat-Sun 12-2:30pm, 5-10pm.

First Review by MilksBad
Plant Powered Eater
Plant Powered Eater

Fabulous Indian Food

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2014

Since becoming vegan, Rajput is our favorite restaurant! They have an extensive vegetarian menu, with vegan items clearly identified. We always try to make the monthly vegetarian buffet (with plenty of vegan offerings, all clearly labeled). Staff members are helpful & accommodating.

Pros: Excellent food!, Lots of vegan selections, Monthly vegetarian buffet
Cons: none
Mrs.Soule
Mrs.Soule

Favorite Indian

4 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2011

Our family, including our 5-year-old, always enjoys Rajput. The atmosphere & decor are perfect and the staff is wonderful and seem truly thrilled to offer vegan options to vegetarian menu items. They can make the non-paneer (cheese) vegetarian dishes without butter and even have soy milk if you want a vegan chai. When we've gone to the lunch buffet, they've offered more vegetarian options than non-vegetarian. Their prices are extremely reasonable.

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent food, Gluten-free options

One of my favorites!

4 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2009

I am a regular customer of their lunch buffet. They mix it up on a daily basis. They have a main dish, always vegetarian (my favorite is Mango Tofu), two other vegetarian dishes, and then ususally two dishes with meat. They always have fresh naan and basmati rice along with chutneys, chickpea salad, and other small salad dishes.

They also offier healthy cooking classes to the public and will help you perfect that recipie that you have been working on and just can't get right!

They also have a regular vegetarian lunch buffet and dinner service every month.

Try them out, you won't be dissapointed!

Pros: Variety, Healthy, Atmosphere

Kate811
Kate811

Great Food, period!

4 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2008

This is the first place I ever had Indian food and I keep coming back! They even have their own vegan menu!

MilksBad
MilksBad

Great Place for All

4 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2007

I have eaten here 2 times now. They have many menu options for Vegans and Vegetarians. The menu is clearly marked which items are vegan/veg on not. I think they may even have a separate menu if you ask. All the staff I have talked with isvery helpful in what dishes are/aren't vegan/veg, and know the differences.
The food tasted great. The 1st dish I had was EGGPLANT BHARTHA. It was very tasty. The 2nd time I went I had the VEGAN THALI labeled "Vegan Favorite", and that is no lie. The vegan Thali is a combination of 5 or so different things. It has a little of everything on one dish.
The atmosphere is well designed, and clean. You can find pictures on-line, and see menu options.
Price for 2 adults & 1 child = about $50.00 including large tip.

Pros: Many options, Knowing and helpful staff, Clean and comfortable

Great Indian food!

4 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2007

The vegetarian buffet is the first Thursday of the month and it gets really packed. But even when it's not the special veg buffet, Rajput has an entirely vegan menu in addition to its regular one. The staff is very attentive to special diet needs and "knows" what being vegan means.

Dear Owner and Manager of Rajput Indian Cuisine: