Serves meat, veg options available. Two thirds of lunch buffet items are vegan. Owner/manager is a vegan and so is accommodating to vegans. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg
207 3rd St (B St )
Davis, California
530-753-9664

Open Mon-Fri 11am-3pm, Sat 12-3pm (lunch buffet), Mon-Sun 5-9pm.

First Review by mutant_pie
Nathaly3030
Nathaly3030

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PLACE

4 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2014

I go very often, sometimes three times or more a week. The buffet lunch is super cheap and all you can eat! So many vegan options and it's all labeled. The owners are super kind, he like loves seeing my friends and I stop by. Sometimes if one of us doesn't come he will ask about them. He is such a nice and joyful person. I wish I can give the place five stars because that's what it deserves. Their samosas and vegetable fritters with tamarind sauces are my absolute favorite. This is the only place I like to go eat out at. A lot of my friends agree that it's delicious :) I really love this place!

Pros: vegan friendly, friendly people, all you can eat buffet
Cons: none
kolkol1739
kolkol1739

Raja's is awesome!!

4 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2013

FIRST OF ALL RAJA'S REALLY DESERVES 5 STARS BUT BECASUE IT'S NOT SPECIFICALLY A "VEGETARIAN RESTAURANT" I'M ONLY ALLOWED TO PUT 4!!!
Went to Raja's one Friday with a couple of my suitemates, and it was just perfect!!!Raja's is DELICIOUS (and cheap, which is a BONUS!!), they take Aggie cash for UCD students, and they are SUPER accommodating.
The owner (the person that's is the symbol on the restaurant's cards and posters) is just how the symbol looks!! He is one of the nicest people I've ever met, so kind and warm.
Extensive vegan and vegetarian options. I can't rave enough about this place. It also pleases non-vegans and vegetarians - my suitemates are omnivores and all of us keep raving about how we are going to go there every weekend! (Tip: Try the buffet. It's even cheaper than a meal.)
I WOULD GIVE RAJA'S 5 STARTS BUT BECAUSE IT'S NOT SPECIFICALLY A "VEGETARIAN RESTAURANT" HAPPY COW ONLY ALLOWS ME TO PUT 4

Pros: DELICIOUS, VEG-FRIENDLY, CHEAP
curlyice
curlyice

Great vegan food! Inexpensive to boot

4 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

I've always been satisfied when eating here. For a while me and my omni partner would eat here at least once a week. I can't overstate how happy I am that this place exists. It's the best place for vegan food in town.

Pros: Cheap, Lots of Vegan options, Friendly
Cons: Delivery costs extra, Delivery driver is freq absent

HealthyFoodFan
HealthyFoodFan

Excellent Indian Food!

4 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2012

Just had a wonderful vegan meal - enjoyed the owner's hospitality and vegetable samosas, channa masala, aloo mutter and perfect rice and garlic naan. Can't wait to eat our leftovers tomorrow!
Decided to eat here while visiting Davis after finding the listing on Happy Cow - will definitely come back the next time we come back to town.
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 23, 2012

Pros: Great service, Tasty Food, Happy Customers
mutant_pie
mutant_pie

Tried & Liked, But Ask & Look For...

3 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2011

.. exactly what items are vegan before committing to the buffet. I tried the lunch buffet after reading the main entry for this restaurant, and going in and asking what on the buffet was vegan. Only three of the about 15 items were vegan, but as I was asking, the chef who ID'd the vegan selections very nicely offered to make me a fresh and vegan version of one of the dishes, and bring me the vegan version of the na'an bread.

I think that a great alternative is to look at the menu, which has an entire Vegan section, plus under the Combination Platters section has the Vegan Thali. I will go for that choice the next time I'm in Raja's.

BTW, the chef mentioned that he will also cook to order to accommodate those with dietary restrictions as outlined in the Jaine faith (sorry for any mispelling). Also he mentioned that when the Whole Earth Festival occurs at nearby UC Davis, the buffet goes more vegan.

Pros: Great taste when fresh, Knowledgeable, Accommodating
Cons: Few Vegan Buffet Selections, Upstairs

Dear Owner and Manager of Raja Indian Cuisine: