Rainbow Restaurant

Menu, hot bar, and deli inside the grocery store. Offers daily special and soups. Pay-by-the-pound buffet features a variety of main entrees and sides, all vegetarian. Vegetarian menu also for other orders, such as sandwiches and burgers. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, American, Buffet, Fast food

First Review by Rebecca Byrd
lifekey777
lifekey777

It's pretty descent ....

3 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

I have gone there about 7 times. The hot bar is pretty ok. The food can sometimes be a bit bland, like the spaghetti and meatballs I bought yesterday, but I have had some things there that were better tasting, and it's so good to know that that place is there when I need something to eat while I am at work! I really appreciates the rest of the store as well. Nice selection of herbs and things. I will continue to support, but they really need better cooks for the prepared foods. I'm a supporter tho'

Pros: herbs, prepared desserts, good customer service
Cons: some bland tastng prepared foods
calamaestra
calamaestra

great buffet

5 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2013

I get takeaway from here all the time. The buffet is all vegetarian with vegan items clearly marked. The veggies are delicious! I can't make them this good myself, so I stock up here for a few days.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 02, 2013

Rebecca Byrd
Rebecca Byrd

Lucky if you work/live near here

4 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2010

Had lunch here today on my way home from Emory University Campus, which is right down the road. Great place to eat lunch on weekdays if you're nearby. The great thing about buffets is they're super fast. No waiting around for service here. Another great thing about this buffet (other than it being all vegetarian or vegan) is that it's super small and not very busy. Maybe there's more of a crowd during the lunchtime hour, but I didn't see it. My guess is that many customers are there for the takeout rather than the sit-in dining that I did. Either way, if you need to get in and out in a hurry, this is the place to go. Besides this awesome factor, the food was great: healthy, tasty, hot, and fresh. There were about a dozen hot dishes on the hot bar plus two soups. All veggie/vegan, with the vegan dishes clearly labeled just the way we like it. You might have to sometimes ask the manager (who's always been there both times I've been) which item is which after looking at the daily menu posted over the buffet, but he always knows the ingredients in everything and will tell you about each while he's tidying up the bar. I like servers and managers who know what's in the food they're serving. I usually shy away from buffets given the dubious nature of some but this one looks fresh, neat, clean, and again, when you find great vegan food you just gotta go for it, 'cause it pays to be resourceful when you're veggie/vegan! I didn't try the salad bar but it looks the same -- fresh, yummy, clean, healthy. See pics I took above of the entire bar plus dining area and hours of operation. I think it was about $6 or $7 per pound for the bar & my lunch cost $7.26. Since the bar's inside a grocery store, you can do your shopping too. They sell vegan desserts like blueberry & apple pies/brownies, and chocolate confections that you can easily stash in your purse to take back to work with you or to the movie theater. How cool is that? I also liked their biodegradable paper cups and takeout containers; however...I would've been much more impressed had they been using reusable utensils/plates in the sit-in restaurant, which they weren't. Everything there is disposable, which is disconcerting. Maybe they'll consider changing over to reusable in their restaurant to truly reduce their waste. That would earn them big brownie points with the clientele I'm sure. But the food is delicious, healthy, so convenient, & in a very cool tiny grocery. This is definitely a place to revisit.

Pros: fast buffet, fast takeout, reasonably priced
Cons: disposable plates, even in dine in area, plastic utensils

Dear Owner and Manager of Rainbow Restaurant: