Rainbow Living Foods

Raw food restaurant situated behind Java Kai. Vegan except bee pollen option as an add-in. Everything is gluten free. Specials include falafel, veggie wraps, pizza, chocolate mousse, energy balls, live pies, and shakes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, All Raw, American
4-1384 Kuhio Hway, Unit 103A (downtown Kapa'a, Kauai)
Kapaa, Hawaii 96746

vinz33
vinz33

Delicious

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2014

Very tasty meal I have had here, I am vegan, and this raw food was great. Nice ambiance.
I usually eat quite too much, so the portion was a little bit small for me.
It is raw organic and vegan, so price are moderate.

vhardison
vhardison

Great Lunch

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2014

We had the falafel. Nice sauces, especially the almond cream substitute for tzatziki. This was the only vegan food we found on Kauai. Friendly staff, obviously proud of their food. Seem to have a few regulars come and go while we were there.

Astonangel
Astonangel

Disappointing

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

I have been a life long vegetarian (no fish and no meat) and have eaten all sorts of vegan / veggie food in all sorts of places. This place is over priced for the taste of the dishes. We tried 3 of the mains and only one was "ok". The rest were tiny portions on huge beds of lettuce. The falafel was ok. The veg wrap is tiny but the ingredients are ok. Stay away from the taco. The beans taste unfortunately like meat substitutes. Sadly this is the first listing on happy cow we were disappointed with.

Pros: Veggie, Fresh
Cons: Small portion, Overpriced, Iffy taste

Iamcharliebrown
Iamcharliebrown

Wonderful all vegan food in Kapaa

Posted on 03 / 06 / 2014

We had a great lunch here during our stay on Kauai. All items are made fresh here with each dish prepared for your order which means there is a 20-30 minute wait but so worth it. This is the only place we found here that was all vegan. So many great looking food, drink, and smoothie options it was hard to pick. We settled on the rainbow veggie wrap, guac and chips, and mint limeade. Overall, this meal was delicious and a great value especially compared to other eats on the island.

steveveg
steveveg

Only vegetarian restaurant on Kauai

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

We had a great lunch here. This is the only vegetarian restaurant on Kauai. Everything is vegan, organic and gluten free except for a bee pollen add on. Vegan dining options can be otherwise hard to find on Kauai. We had the nori roll, wrap, pizza and taco, plus a salad. We also had the chia pudding for dessert. All were nicely done. The owners were very gracious and friendly.

Pros: almost all vegan, friendly owners, fine food
jcwilkes
jcwilkes

rawsome

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2011

By far the best raw food i have had in my life. Not only is it the best tasting but my body processes the food amazingly.

Snehan
Snehan

My dream comes true-A Raw Food Restaurant on Kauai

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2010

This is not just a raw food restaurant....its a VERY GOOD raw food restaurant. I am currently eating 75% raw, so I love having this place to go to for the freshest, healthiest way to eat on Kaua'i.
I was trained in raw food prep in Manhattan and this place is of a high caliber that would be well received anywhere. We are lucky to have Rainbow Living Foods. Like living in Kaua'i, its my dream come true!

syork2
syork2

Wonderful food and great atmosphere!

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2010

My husband and I went to Kaua'i for our honeymoon and, as vegans, were afraid we weren't going to be able to find much on the island. Boy, were we wrong!

Of all of the places we tried, we loved Rainbow Living Foods the most! There is a generous selection of entrees, desserts, and drinks so going there twice during our week there was wonderful!

There was only one very nice and friendly guy working both times we went, so it was a bit slow, but we didn't mind at all. The atmosphere is great and there is indoor and outdoor seating and you can even get your food to go and step right out to the beach to eat!

We tried the pizza, taco and falafel wrap as well as the fudge and energy balls for desserts and the Rainbow shake and banana nut milk shake for beverages - everything was amazing! The taco was our favorite, though. :)

I thought everything was reasonably priced ($10 for an entrée, $3-6 for dessert, around $6 for a large shake) considering the island has many expensive options.

This place has great food that makes you feel energized and filled but not overly full - so you can still go snorkeling or kayaking or hiking or whatever you have planned!

Hopefully this place will be around for a very long time. It deserves to be!

Pros: Reasonable prices, GREAT food, Nice atmosphere
rypoff22
rypoff22

Delicious!

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2010

The head chef was out, so it took a little while for our food to arrive, but it was a delicious light meal. If you have the chance, try the passionfruit mango pie.
I had the taco, my brother had the falafel, and his wife had the sprouted buckwheat pizza...all scrumptious.
Bear in mind, the milkshakes aren't frozen blended things. Ours was warm, but it still tasted divine and I will be recreating it when I get home. Also, if anyone manages to get the recipe for the pie, please share!

Pros: delicious, healthy, friendly
Cons: kinda hard to spot the place

Dear Owner and Manager of Rainbow Living Foods: