July 2013 reported food is all vegan. Selection changes daily and seasonally and always includes vegan versions of Japanese fare like karaage, hamburg, tonkatsu, potato croquette, curry rice, and salad. Has vegan desserts, at least one raw dessert, and smoothies. Last order is one hour before closing. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Japanese, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery
Yutenji 1-1-1, Meguro-ku (Yamate Street)
Tokyo, Japan 153-0052
03-3791-5470
Now Open

Mon-Fri 11:30am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:30am-8:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by mittenko
Tiggy
Tiggy

Nice food, great dessert...

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2015

This place took some finding but luckily a friendly shop assistant was able to help me when Happy Cow's map couldn't quite get me there. I arrived and was served graciously by one of the staff. I started off with a smoothie, which was quite nice and went down quickly. For my meal I ordered the potato croquette plate, which included soy meat, salad and a chick pea curry with pickled vegetables and salad. While the dinner was nice enough, there was only one small potato croquette among a lot of soy meat. The soy meat was nice but I hadn't expected it to be the main dish. Dessert was the highlight: a delicious vegan crêpe with vanilla soy ice cream melting just enough that it didn't turn to liquid before you could eat it. A fairtrade coffee complemented this nicely. I came back a couple of weeks later with a companion and had a similar experience with the tofu steak (less tofu more soy meat) and the vegan soft serve (delicious dessert).

Pros: Nice food, Great dessert, Fairtrade coffee
Cons: Meal dominated by soy meat
Jumpkin
Jumpkin

Recommended visit!

Posted on 04 / 01 / 2015

The food here is lovely, but the staff were even lovelier. The owner/chef is so friendly and chatted to us in English and remembered us the next time we came back (he remembered us saying we wanted to lick our plates the previous time!)There is a very nice relaxed atmosphere inside and the décor is quite homey. There is an area where they do some sort of treatments including massages.

The menu is not as extensive as some other restaurants, but it is good quality. The dessert crepes are definitely my top recommendation to try here. The surrounding area is quite nice to wander around and there is a Natural Lawson where you can buy Ecover cleaning products.

jenchal
jenchal

lovely place

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2014

The food here is very nice, and the menu is in English. It was quite expensive, but the portions were big and it really was delicious. For 1550 yen, I got brown rice, a cup of veg soup, a little bowl of noodles and picked veg, a huge salad, a small portion of chickpea curry, and some deep fried soy meat. Yum! The location is a bit out if the way. I also think the map on happycow is slightly wrong (but it might be that I was slightly lost). Coming from nakameguro station, you need to keep going a bit further than the map shows. But the cafe is well signposted.

Pros: delicious food, English menu
Cons: location

Guest
Guest

Worth the trip

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2014

While Ebisu is not on the destination list for us, the Rainbow Bird Rendezvous has changed that. The staff is very friendly, and they do have someone who speaks English. The food was great! The plate had several items, all with different flavours and textures, which made for a great meal. This is from a non vegan eating reviewer. Put this one on your list to check out while in Tokyo.

NoMooFood
NoMooFood

Good food at RBR

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2014

While walking around starving and staring at various pictures and wax sculptures of the food on offer at all the near by restaurants, we happily chanced upon Rainbow Bird Rendezvous at the end of the road (near the train tracks). With a sign outside stating 100% vegan.
On offer were various meat substitute meals, accompanied by salad, pickles and miso soup.
All were quite good, the meat substitute thing (how descriptive of me) tasted fantastic and was very reasonably priced.
The owner also speaks fluent English, which is nice if you're hopeless like I am, and can not speak or understand any japanese.

Pros: English speaking staff, healthy and vegan, Cool area
rjbass
rjbass

Nice place.

Posted on 12 / 25 / 2013

Good food in a relaxed atmosphere.

- R

Ookami
Ookami

Favourite local

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2013

I'm really glad that this place is close to our home, a cozy little cafe/restaurant, with a small selection of meals, but with heaps of smoothies, cakes and other products to buy.

Menu changes daily(?), although there are some items that stay on constant.
A dish costs around ¥1,000, which fills you up well, it is delicious, but I'm not a huge fan of their soup :-)

So yeah, get in if you are in the area, or maybe make a trip for it, because it's worth it. It's a bit hipster, but that's something you would expect from a place like this in Japan.
They do take away, delivery and host small parties.

Pros: friendly service, good taste, good price
Cons: the music is a bit annoying sometimes, but no bigg
mittenko
mittenko

New favorite restaraunt in Japan!

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2010

So glad I stumbled across this place when I lost my way home from Nakameguro! The food here is incredible, and nearly entirely organic. Compared to other Japanese restaurants, the servings are bigger, more diverse, better for you, and tastes amazing! The staff is really friendly as well, and one of the chefs speaks decent English if you need help. I recommend the vegan karaage (balls of fried daizu beans)--it typically comes with brown rice, two sides, miso soup, and a small salad. Oh, and the soy ice cream is not to be missed either! Goes great with their organic coffee.

Pros: delicious, friendly staff, healthy

Dear Owner and Manager of Rainbow Bird Rendezvous: