Serves meat, veg options available. Has a barbeque tofu burrito & a few other vegetarian choices. Outdoor patio area. Location a bit difficult to find. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
141 Sycamore St (Church & Ponce de Leon)
Decatur, Georgia 30030
404-377-3311

First Review by Rebecca Byrd
TheAudGirl
TheAudGirl

delicious fat burritos

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2014

Can't say enough good things about this place. Service is top notch, super friendly and knowledgable. They always make us feel at home (we're ravenous regulars). Speaking from experience, the food (having eaten almost everything on the menu) is excellent. My favorites: pineapple salsa, fire-roasted salsa, guacamole, Thai salad, fajita burrito, and chipotle BBQ burrito. My husband enjoys the chimi, pineapple jerk burrito, and tacos. My son always orders the raging monster. I'm not a huge fan of tofu but their marinated tofu is delicious!

Pros: tofu, Thai salad, craft beer selection
Chris M.
Chris M.

Delicious Variety

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2011

Full Disclosure: I worked at Raging Burrito for 3 years, just wanted to be up-front with that information.

Almost everything at the raging burrito is vegetarian until you specifically choose meat (notable exceptions: The Shredded Beef, Cubed Chicken, Shredded Chicken, and Steak Tacos). Any dish besides Nachos can be made without cheese or sour cream (well, technically I did have customers get nachos without cheese, but I think you're better off with a burrito or tacos).
The vegetarian chili is amazing, I used to eat it 3-4 times a week, and still get it when I go in for lunch/dinner. (Yes, I worked there for 3 years and still go back and eat once every 2-3 weeks). The atmosphere is great, the burritos are huge, and there are a ton of veggie choices to go in your burrito. The fajita tacos are awesome too. Note that chips & salsa are not free except during M-Th lunch hours, and the free salsa rotates. That's just how the tortilla chip crumbles I guess. I definitely recommend going if you're in downtown Decatur and miss Tortillas (old burrito establishment downtown). I think the burritos are better than El Myr's, but as I've said, I may be biased.

Pros: Vegan, Fast, Big
Rebecca Byrd
Rebecca Byrd

A little pricey but good food

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2010

I had lunch here today while breaking from jury duty at the Dekalb courthouse. If you're familiar with Decatur, then you may know that this restaurant is just a few steps away from the courthouse, within Decatur Square. I hadn't eaten here before so didn't know what to expect, but noticed someone had already listed it on HappyCow as a Veg Friendly place, which is why I gave it a try. It has an extensive menu which I think is more expensive than Chipotle's, Moe's, Willy's, or any other burrito joint I've ever been in. It's more like a pub with a full bar, though, and a more "expensive" atmosphere. It was slow when I went in at 11 a.m., but picked up a hefty business lunch crowd by 1 p.m. It seems to be a fairly popular weekday lunch spot for people who are probably just walking to it from their shops and businesses close to the Square. The burritos ran about $8-$9 (if I remember correctly). I opted for a sparser, cheaper lunch: a bowl of black beans, pinto beans, brown rice, and salsa fresca (minus the cheese and sour cream). I have to say, despite the simplicity of rice and beans, this bowl was one of the THE best rice and bean dishes I've ever had. The salsa was good, but they didn't provide enough to go with the complimentary tortilla chips. I also ordered a $1.25 side of guacamole, which was served in one of those tiny little 1-ounce clear plastic take-home containers. 1 ounce of guac for $1.25?? It seemed so overpriced I didn't order more, when otherwise I would have. It was very good guac, though. I had enough chips and a tiny bit of salsa left over to take out with me and munch on throughout the day in court. The rice and bean bowl could have been bigger, but it was only $4 or $5, so I probably spent less than $6.50 on this lunch that was small but more than enough to fill me up, and very very healthy. I'd say it was well worth it. It's a burrito joint, so if you're vegetarian you'll have a large number of choices (although limited in scope), and if you're vegan, you'll have the same choices only minus all the sour cream and cheese. You might walk away with a $15 or $20 lunch or dinner, easily, especially if you have even one beer. I guess they have to pay the lease on their great location and taverny, cozy, dark, laid-back atmosphere. I would eat here again if I couldn't find the same high quality, healthy food for cheaper, & I think this is the only downtown Decatur restaurant listed on HappyCow as of today.

Pros: healthy food, seemingly fresh, very tasty
Cons: a bit pricey for lunch, typical burrito place type stuff, fruits n veggies limited

Dear Owner and Manager of Raging Burrito: