Radost Fina Kuhinjica

Serves vegan and vegetarian food including hummus, dips, soups, main dishes; plus has smoothies, vegan ice cream, non-alcohol drinks, beer and wine. Wi-fi. Smoking allowed in one part of the restaurant. Closed for vacation August 4-16, 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Serbian, Middle Eastern, Beer/Wine

• Cash only

First Review by MarcusAlexander
aps101
aps101

Perfection. Pure & Simple.

5 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

What can you possibly say about food and an experience this good that could even come close to conveying the perfection that is Radost? It is one of the finest restaurants I have ever been in. I would never have thought that Belgrade would be home to this gem.

First off, I had heard that there was limited seating so I made a reservation. I ended up having a few email exchanges with Saska before and after eating there and she was so nice. Upon arriving I was greeted by the nicest waiter who took care of me for the evening. The restaurant is so tastefully decorated, a great mix of modern ad rustic that made me want this space to be a part of my home and linger there for hours. Great communal tables. The menu is presented in a lovely way on a small chalkboard that they bring around.

The food was so good and sounded so amazing I went for things I don't normally order. I had a wonderful soup, veggie burger with salad that was a delight, cheesecake and mixed fresh juice. I could not have been more impressed with the food (and the presentation) and the service. It was without a single flaw. My only disappointment was that I was in town for only one day and could not eat there again. I hope life brings me back to Belgrade just to eat here again. Impeccable.

Pros: Food!!!! Creative Menu, Great Atmosphere, Outstanding Service
cicekbocek
cicekbocek

Best vegetarian restaurant I've ever been

5 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2014

The employee is very friendly and helpful. Their toilet is very clean. Restaurant is designed beautifully and cosy. Music playlist is good. The place is hard to find but this makes it more tempting.

We've had aperatives and the soup of the day. Both of them were very delicious. Then we had a great quesadilla and moderate vegan burger.

When you go to belgrade, you should definitely try this place.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Cleen toilet, Normal price
Cons: Hard to find
malinolsson
malinolsson

Very good food, but hard to find the restaurant

5 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2014

We visited the restaurant two times during our stay in belgrade. We were very satisfied with the food, the atmosphere and the service. And it is cheap! We made a table reservation through facebook (the restaurant is small so if you want to be sure to get a table during dinner time, make a reservation). The only thing that is negative: It's hard to find! There are no signs outside or on the house/door. Be sure to write down the adress, so you find the correct house number.

Pros: Delicious, Cheap, Healthy
Cons: Hard to find

Arkin
Arkin
  • herbivore

Nice place, I was full.

4 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

If you're inquisitive this place is not that hard to find. Open doors and you will get there.

Food and drinks were good. Entre was good, the humus a bit dry for my taste but still quite good. Pita bread and baba ganush were quite awesome.

Main course we had burgers: very good. Two small burgers which taste like meat burgers. Very nice

People were nice, the place very decorative, with its own style and character accompanied by fitting music. No complaints there.

Open kitchen, be prepared to smell like food when you leave. Not bothering me but my cousin was less enthusiastic about it ;)

All in all an excellent choice. Go there. We paid cash but the dude said we can pay by card as well.

Pros: Good food, Nice atmosphere and decoration, Nice people
Cons: Smells like food when you go home
JessicaJoy
JessicaJoy

omigosh this place is incredible!

5 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2013

Beautiful, bountiful vegan (or vegetarian) food! Finding the place is part of the magic. Pariska street curves around the Belgrade Fortress, and as other people have said, it looks like a house. I accidentally rang a woman's doorbell who lived upstairs because I couldn't figure out what door to go to. So I'll tell you: stay on the first floor once you're in, take a right, and it is the door at the end of the little hall. There's a little HappyCow sticker but no other identifier. Push the door...and you're in a gorgeous little restaurant. I only really had two days in Belgrade and made sure to come back here the second day. The best meals I've had in the past three weeks of traveling were here!
Updated from previous review on Friday December 13, 2013

ErnstUrsulaLedermann
ErnstUrsulaLedermann

Feinschmeckeressen wie zuhause

5 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2013

Das Radost ist wirklich nicht einfach zu finden. Draussen nicht angeschrieben, muss man suchen, bis man die Nummer 3 findet. (Etwas unterhalb der französischen Botschaft - Strasse macht einen Bogen). Das Suchen lohnt sich! In Wohnzimmeratmosphäre wird man freundlichst empfangen und bedient. Das Essen ist äusserst schmackhaft und wird liebevoll präsentiert. Wir würden wieder hingehen!

Pros: Gutes Essen, Freundliche Bedienung, Besondere Athmospäre
Cons: Raucher im Lokal
citizenInsane
citizenInsane

Awesome secret place!

5 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2013

Just amazing!
Hard to find, that's true - no sign outside, feels like entering a random building. But the surprise is even greater when you find yourself in the coziest little restaurant ever! The place is absolutely charming, the staff is great, and... the food is amazing! Appetizers, main dishes from around the world and veggie AND vegan desserts!

Went there 2 times in 2 days, and I tried:
- soba soup: with super tasty grilled veggies, tofu and shiitake *****
- vegan quiche with salad: MADNESS! whole wheat & grains crust and an incredible spinach filling
- vegan (raw) ice cream! bananas-blueberries-mint, meow!
- fresh squeezed carrot-apple-orange-ginger juice with a touch of cinnamon

Pros: great food, great staff, cozy and nice
seamusenright
seamusenright

Belgrade's Best Kept Secret

5 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

This place isn't so easy to find but worth the effort to track down yummy vegan food...possibly the best veggie burgers I've ever had...and I've had a lot of veggie burgers. The staff are friendly and the cafe style decor is really ambient...a great Find for any veggie traveling in the Balkans.

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Staff, Nice Decor
Cons: Hard To Find
JolienC
JolienC

Radost

4 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2013

Nice small restaurant with friendly staff. The food is delicious and you can choose your own kind of juice.

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food, big portions
Cons: there's no menu, it's hard to find, no sign on the door
natik
natik

Amazing!

5 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2013

We decided to go there because of our 4th anniversary, together with our great friend.
It is true that the place is hard to find, map is not really so correct, but as long as you really want it (and you should, trust me) you will find your way!

The restaurant is placed in a small building, the number 3 is visible on the left. It is a bit "strange" to go in, because it really feels like entering somebody's apartment. And this is how it feels as well - it is a cozy place with really friendly and warm stuff. You can see your food being prepared on the spot, everything is fresh and made with love.

There is nothing like a menu or anything like that. The waiter tells you what you can choose from. Dishes can be easily modified, so vegans don't be scared! It was a bit of a gamble for us, choosing stuff without knowing how much will it be, but it was a special day for us so we didn't care that much.

We decided to take a starter - something like pita with hummus, olives and pate made of eggplant. Tasty as hell!
For the main course I had the most amazing soup ever, with tofu, noodles, fried vegetables and shitake mushroom. Delicious! My boyfriend decided to take vegan burgers with a salad. Our friend chose tortilla wraps also with salad. I have to say it was really, really tasty, as I tried it all!
We picked banana ice cream for a dessert and we didn't regret it at all.

I have to say that the food wasn't SO cheap for Serbian standarts and for sure you would be able to find something less expensive BUT!!!! everything what we ate was worth it.

The appetizer costed 480 dinars.
My soup was called "Ramen" and was for 680 dinars.
Burgers were for 490 din, Tortilla costed 530 dinars.
And finally ice cream - 350 dinars.
We also ordered freshly made juices - 3 for 780 dinars.

Pros: delicious food, friendly stuff, good atmosphere
Cons: hard to find
kuni
kuni

living room atmosphere

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2013

The place wasn't easy to find; the location on the map displayed here is a bit off. See for the good location here: http://goo.gl/maps/8pydr. There's also no sign on the doors, but if you see nr. 3 and some brown doors you're at the right spot ;)

That said, the food and atmosphere is great. The staff is very friendly and takes good care that you'll have a fantastic time. All the food is very freshly made, that's what I could taste at least! Be sure to try some of the freshly made juices. Pretty much all the food is vegan, or can be made vegan really easily. When we were there the only vegetarian dish were tortilla's with cheese, but we got them without cheese :) If you have to pick one place to go in the city, go here.

The prices are not cheap for Serbian standards, but still very reasonable. We paid around 1100 dinar per person.

Only disadvantage, smoking is allowed inside! Also making reservations is not really required in my opinion, we didn't and had no problems.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: hard to find, smoking allowed
Mikilighthouse
Mikilighthouse

Not to be missed!

5 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2013

I went to Radost when I was in Belgrade with my boyfriend. It is true that it was difficult to find it, as it is in Pariska, but there is no number or sign to recognize it. We saw someone inside and we asked - through the window! - if it was it And it was! Maybe 2 minutes walking down from the French Embassy.
The restaurant is like an apartment, every table is different and it is so delightly furnished. It feels like you are at home. The music is relaxing, the lights are low and the atmosphere in general is so lovely.
The owners are very caring and kind.
Talking about the food... it is amazing!
As an appetizer, they first served us tasty pita bread with delicious hummous of three kinds. We enjoyed it so much! We alsohad a nice soup with tofu, vegetables and some noodles inside. As a second course, we had vegetarian burgers... but small ones, with homemade bread... so cute, without any sauce. The burgers went with some couscous salad. So good. All this with the right company (my boyfriend), a glass of red wine, some great music and an amazing location made it the best spot in Belgrade ever (so far)! Whether you are vegetarian or not.
Thank you to the owners of the restaurant for making it and our experience so special.

Pros: Simply Amazing!
Cons: Telephone number is wrong , Not easy to find
MarcusAlexander
MarcusAlexander

Lovely place!

5 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2013

I am just visiting Belgrade and am staying with a friend. When I mentioned I wanted to eat a really healthy meal she suggested Radost Fina Kuhinjica immediately. She was busy so I went looking for the place and I have to say it was a little difficult to find. It was not where google said it would be! I did find it (I ended up contacting them directly through facebook) and the food was wonderful. I had the hummus appetizer, the cashew carrot soup, the veggie burgers, and the chocolate souffle. Everything was delicious but the soup stood out as being quite unique and the souffle was absolutely amazing. The price was a little higher than other places I've eaten in Serbia so far, but it is still much cheaper than what I would pay in the United States for a similar meal. Overall a great experience!

Pros: Great food!, Very healthy/fresh!, Good service!
Cons: Hard to find., Not as cheap as other food in Belgrade.

Dear Owner and Manager of Radost Fina Kuhinjica: