Vegan, worker-owned, anti-profit coffee shop. Offers coffee drinks, organic herbal and traditional teas as well as in-house-made sodas, lemonade, and gluten-free baked goods. more-less

First Review by smellendegenerate
mbentz
mbentz

Delicious place to study

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2014

I usually go here for tea and a vegan treat to help me study. Their coffee and tea are great, their chai is fantastic, and they always have a new vegan pastry to try. Last time I was there I had banana bread, it was moist and awesome. The only problem I have with this place is that it doesn't have anything more substantial for when I stay there for hours. It's strictly drinks & pastries.

Pros: good food, great chai tea, internet & many tables for studying
Cons: no main meal items.
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Vegan Haven

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2014

Bliss. Happiness. Comfort. Serenity. As a vegan, that's how I felt walking in the doors of Radical Press. From the friendly & kind staff to the enlightening reading material, the free wifi to the mind blowing yumminess of the espresso drinks, Radical Press is phenomenal.

The perfect environment for studying or to spend an afternoon reading a good book.

smellendegenerate
smellendegenerate

My Favorite Coffee Shop

5 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2013

Rad Press is one of the best coffee shops in Gainesville. It's perfect for people who are vegan or gluten-free. As opposed to other coffee shops that only offer soy milk (hard for some to digest), Rad Press offers multiple non-dairy milk options. They also have different baked goods all the time that are not only vegan and gluten-free, but also very unexpected recipes. Their prices are incredibly reasonable too.

They have all the amenities too like free wifi. They have fair-trade and organic coffee. And Zapatista coffee! I'm pretty sure I've never seen this anywhere else. The baristas are great, and largely work on a volunteer basis so it's nice to leave them a generous tip. This shop is clearly a labor of love.

Pros: cheap, vegan, in the Civic Media Center
Cons: not much cushy seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Radical Press Coffee Collective: