CLOSED: Radhika's Cafe

Cafe, music and art boutique. Small and cozy. Serves wraps, sandwiches, salads, and soups for lunch. International entrees for dinner. Daily specials. Has wi-fi. Yoga community center next door. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, International, Juice bar, Take-out
15281 NW US Hwy 441
Alachua, Florida 32615
386-462-9996

Open Mon-Fri 11.30-20.00, Sat 12.00-20.00.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Eduardo
Cherokee Jade
Cherokee Jade

Hare Krishna!

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

This place is simply great, I believe you could probably cover your eyes and randomly point at anything on the menu and not go wrong. I come from a small town that has no vegetarian restaurants so finding this place means a great deal to me. I've tried the spinach lasagna, the appetiser platter and there samosas, which were what brought me there to begin with. Their mock meat is great, the fake chicken legs are scary good and I would say their fake fish stick come in second to that. I also found out they have kofta ball subs, which is like a fake meatball sub, so I will have to try that. This is definitely a place to bring all my friends and I will keep coming back. Thank you very much Radhika's cafe!

Pros: GREAT VEG FOOD, GREAT VEG FOOD, GREAT VEG FOOD
jalakara
jalakara

No Music, but Nice Veggie Cafe

Posted on 05 / 18 / 2011

I always enjoy a break at Radhika's. The staff are friendly. A but disorganized, but very friendly. The food is generally excellent, but they do have an occasional off day. Thet are very inexpensive. I go there every so often, and am usually impressed.

Pros: Cheap, Friendly, Pure Veg
Cons: SOmetimes slow, Limited selection, Limited organic
JimMerritt
JimMerritt

Happy Discovery

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2011

I was happy to discover that Radhika's Cafe was not too far away from where I live in Gainesville, FL. How nice to have a vegetarian restaurant with many good options to try. Burgers, fries, samosas, wraps, desserts, varied beverages and friendly service were to order of the evening. We enjoyed every item and took quite a bit home. Comfortable dining room with nice customers. We will be back.

Pros: Vegetarian, Very Tasty, Friendliness
Cons: Distance, Out of a few items, Closes early

flobeck
flobeck

Excellent Food

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2010

I eat here at least once a week. Working in the Progress Center for 8 years, there has always been a lack of veggie friendly places to eat. The food here is always fresh. The Chef's Special changes daily but usually consists of delicious varieties of rice, vegetable subji, soup, beans, and bread. They also offer an assortment of sandwiches, like BLTs (with soy bacon) and Tempeh Ruebens, and pizzas. The staff is friendly and helpful. An excellent addition to the Alachua area!

Pros: Great specials, healthy food, vegan friendly
Eduardo
Eduardo

If you don't like the menu, try back in 15 minutes

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2010

Every day the menu is different so I have liked some meals better than others due to my particular taste preferences. If you love variety and adventure you will love it here. If you like to get things you have tried and loved before you may be disappointed. Everything is done creatively. Not run or the mill at all. Ingredients are mostly fresh organic or pesticide free local produce. Nothing canned. Not much in the way of whole grains however. White basmati rice, white bread, white pasta... that's disappointing for sure. Lots of soy on the menu, especially those tai frozen soy meats so if you avoid soy because of the hormones then your menu just got cut in half. Another disappointment for me. But if you like that sort of thing then yah for you. There strong suit is fresh salads and soups.

Pros: Daily Variety, Low Prices, Creative
Cons: Too much soy, no whole grains, nothing stays the same

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Radhika's Cafe: