Vegan restaurant serving some raw food, established late-2010. Quiet space located behind the concert hall, a 5 minute walk to the centrum. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Raw, German, Western, Beer/Wine

Mon-Fri 9:00am-8:00pm, Sat 10:00am-8:00pm, Sun 11:00am-3:00pm

First Review by chocolateicecrem
Ozveris
Ozveris

Not the best choice for ethical vegans.

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

As a graphic designer I found cafe's graphic visuals original and appealing. It is nice to see a plant-based place going a bit further than just usual green interior.
But.. instead of enjoying calming atmosphere I was offended and distracted by all the dead animal furs around me. I am not sure if owner is aware that he/she is loosing a part of clientele just because of his ''unique'' interior solutions. But ethical vegans are a BIG part of plant-based diets movement. So please, don't call yourself vegan, because by the definition it does not involve ONLY diet.

Pros: Smooth service, Tasty desserts, Intresting graphic decorations
Cons: Pricey, Offensive to ethical vegans, And again, offensive.
Aurijus
Aurijus

This is not a vegan place.

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

Rabar was one out of two dinning places I wanted to see in Aarhus. The first impression was really good as the first things we saw were many fresh fruits, vegetables and tasty desserts. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and we felt comfortable.

BUT then we noticed the FURS on all the chairs and benches. We got a little bit shocked, but decided to stay because we wanted to visit this place for months. The food was pricy (brownie for 48dkk, snacks starting from 40dkk. If you want to grab a proper meal, you'll have to pay at least 120dkk for a single raw burger. We were at their competitors place and it was way more affordable).

We did liked the food and the service, but we stayed annoyed due to lamb furs. Why would you put furs on purpose? I know it is on purpose because one of the staff told me that lots of people left just because of these furs. And the owner of rabar seem to make some kind of fun out of his/hers vegan customers. Please call yourself plant-based raw restaurant because it has nothing in connection to veganism.

I hope Rabar will do one of the things: remove the furs OR the "vegan" title.

Pros: Tasty food, Mostly raw products, Comfortable location
Cons: Dead animal skins, Won't fill your stomack even for 100dkk, Call's itself vegan even it's not.
Aussie_vegan
Aussie_vegan

Great raw and vegan options

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2012

A visitor to Aarhus, I was very pleased to find this 100% organic, raw and vegan restaurant. Our meal was fantastic. I had the nori wrap. My partner the burger. Very tasty and quite large servings. Also take-away dessert. Yum.

A great location, though it took us a few minutes to find it. Just follow the river.

However, I support the above review regarding the lambskins on the seats. There are many other ways the seats can be covered for warmth without the use of animal skins.

Pros: 100% organic, raw and vegan, Tasty, Ample servings
Cons: Lambskins on the seats

VeJo
VeJo

Curious decor!

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2012

The guy at the counter said that everything on the menu was vegan (and that seemed to be the case), so I'm not sure why this is filed under "veg friendly". The food was very tasty, and abundant. All raw. My only complaint -- and this did make it a little difficult to digest my food -- was that each wooden chair was draped with a lambskin. What's up with that?? My guess is that they're health vegans, and haven't thought through the range of clientele they might be getting. If you're reading this, Rabar, take my advice and DITCH THE DEAD ANIMAL SKINS!!! (I didn't complain on the day because my friend was excited about taking me to a vegan cafe in her home town, so I was on my best behaviour).

Pros: tasty food, healthy, nice location
Cons: dead décor
chocolateicecrem
chocolateicecrem

Good food

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

The restaurant's location is great. Food = delicious. No long wait for the food and people there are friendly. Very clean and it's a nice place.

Pros: excellent food, healthy, friendly staff
Cons: great location, not noisy, friendly atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Rabar: