Serves meat, veg options available. Small restaurant serving dishes with focus on the Andes region of South America, especially quinoa dishes and empanadas, including empanadas stuffed with quinoa. Larger selection for lunch, limited menu for dinner. Was originally pure veg but added chicken plate on Saturdays (only) per report Aug 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Colombian, Latin, South American, Non-veg

First Review by veggiepachanga
VeganDakini
VeganDakini

Cozy restaurant serving veg*an Colombian food

4 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2014

Cozy restaurant that has a set menu of soup, main meal and dessert that changes daily. It is run by a group of very friendly women and sells some local produce (including coca leaf tea!) There is always a vegan option even when the main dish is vegetarian.

Pros: Nice atmoshere, Good value, Vegan dessert
Cons: No English spoken
plantstrongchica
plantstrongchica

Delicious!

4 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

As a vegan, I went for lunch with my uncle who is an omni and we both couldn't stop raving about it - left feeling more than satisfied. Lunch was a fixed menu of veggie soup, arugula salad w/tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese (optional), pasta w/vegan pesto and and out-of-this-world peach puree for dessert. Juices of the day were watermelon and fruto del árbol (or tomate del arbol?). Wish I could have eaten there more often during my 2-week stay. Beautiful area of Bogotá downtown and highly recommended.
Updated from previous review on Thursday January 02, 2014

Pros: excelent food, good value, great ambience
Cons: no ingredients available for cookies, no take-out containers for soup, Cash only
DIANE240378
DIANE240378

Better Quality

4 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2013

This place is definitely more expensive than other almurzos but worth it for a change. Its$13000 for soup,juice,main&dessert. I enjoyed it & found it to be vegan friendly, they said they had milk in potatoes &when i said i was vegan they gave me pototoes without milk. They also gave a nice bit of advocado with the salad in the main &potatoe was nice treat instead of the rice.

Pros: Better Quality, Vegan Friendly, Good Location

jrfishe1
jrfishe1

Open for dinner, but limited vegan options

3 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2012

We went here for dinner (it was 3 blocks from our hotel and almost all vegan-friendly restaurants in Bogota are lunch-only) and had mixed success. The atmosphere was small but cute; at the table next to us the owner was talking to a large group of people about health food. Service was not great, since she was talking to people we had to get up to physically get her attention when we wanted more water or the bill. We got a salad, quinoa soup, and the vegetable empanada (it was baked which was nice, and was vegan; the quinoa empanada is supposed to be better but had an egg wash). We also got some vegetable empanadas to go but later it turned out at least one of them had egg on it after all. They sell a few nice fruit jams and such. The food overall was pretty good; not amazing but tasty and satisfying.

Pros: Open for dinner
Cons: Limited vegan options
AdamFenton
AdamFenton

A cut above the rest

4 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2011

I had the set menu - a bean soup followed by a crepe with mushroom strogonoff and salad and rounded off with a quinua pudding. The soup was tasty and the crepe exceptionally good, however the desert was bit a bland. The food was better than the average vegetarian fare in Bogotá, of rice with vegetables and soya protein. It's also a bit more expensive at $12,000 for the set lunch - however I guess this is to be expected in the most touristy part of town.

pradipd
pradipd

Pleasant but bland

3 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2010

This is a small, cozy restaurant located right in the historic center. It is run by all women. I went for lunch, and there was no menu. It was a fixed lunch consisting of soup, main plate(salad, boiled potatoes with dressing, quinoa cakes) and a quinoa pudding. The soup was over salted and I did not care for the large chunks of potatoes in it. The main plate was quite bland, at least for my taste. The pudding was nice though. All for less than $5.

Pros: Location
Cons: Bland
veggiepachanga
veggiepachanga

Not as great as it sounds

2 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2010

Located in a very nice urbany part of bogota very little streets nice vibes. Service is good. However the food is nothing to rave about..if your starving and you havent been able to find any other place with veggie options and arent broke and you have no way to getting to another vegetarian place then i would say go here. I had pumpkin soup which was the only thing that tasted decent, watercress mixed salad , mashed potatoes topped with soy cheese which ruined them , and gluten with vegetables with some disgusting sauce that made me almost vomit. Food was not worth whatever i paid for it , wasn't that cheap.also the qinuoa empanadas lack flavor and the crust has a bad aftertaste.
Although their food sucks their baked goods are yummy! I took a vegan brownie and wished i would have gotten more! Their is also some nice magazines and stuff to read while your waiting for your food.

Pros: Decent Soups, Nice service, Yummy vegan baked goods
Cons: Unflavorful food, bad empanadas, Not that cheap

Dear Owner and Manager of Quinua y Amaranto: