All vegan and organic. Serves set lunch (soup, main dish, small dessert) for $4. Offers cooking classes. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Ecuadorian
Luis Cordero E 3-31 (9 de Octubre)
Quito, Ecuador
02-255-4206

Open Mon-Sat 9am-4pm, closed Sun.

First Review by joakimikaoj
gstuessy
gstuessy

Tasty, healthy, inexpensive

4 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2014

We were served a pre-set lunch of: soup, greens (maybe collard greens), a potato/fake meat thing, rice, steamed veggies, jam, and a vegan ceviche (tomatoey/cilantro soup served cold; the non-veg version would contain seafood), and juice. They also had tea that you could serve yourself. All of it was good, and it was a lot of food for only $4.25/person.

Annelovesdirt
Annelovesdirt

Worst food I had in Ecuador

2 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2013

Granted, there is little vegan food to be found in Ecuador, but I would have been better off going to just about any other restaurant. I took my three non-vegan traveling companions and they could barely look at the food, much less eat it.

Sorry, my expectations were low, considering the cost, but please, put a little more effort in creating an appealing and nutritious meal!

I would rate this one cow, but for reasons I don't understand, the lowest rating I can give a vegetarian restaurant is two cows.

Pros: cheap
Cons: no service, unable to identify food, no taste
joakimikaoj
joakimikaoj

Only vegan place in Quito?

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

As far as I know of, Quinua is the only 100% vegan place in central Quito. It is a friendly place, no fuss, nice colors on walls and lamps. Food was good, service friendly. I thought it was a little weird that the lunch didn't come with a juice, but instead tea. Oh well. I will absolutely be back soon!

Dear Owner and Manager of Quinua: