Biological grocery store and organic vegetarian cafe. The cafe offers sandwiches, soups, juices, and salads. Store sells ecological products, homeopathy, naturopathy and natural cosmetics. Organizes workshops on various topics. Free Wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Portugese, European

Mon-Fri 10:30am-8:00pm, Sat 3:00pm-8:00pm

First Review by Erickac
BlisterBlue
BlisterBlue

Very cosy & tasty restaurant!

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2014

What surprised me first when I arrived at the restaurant was the 2 cats who wandered by the place. As a cat lover I was more than happy when the 2 of them came to my lap while I was starting to eat.
The waitress kindly asked me if the cats didn't bother me though :-)
The place is a small cafe at the back of an organic shop.
On the day we went we tried the tofu/ black olives/ sprout sandwich and the soup of the day which was pumkin/coliflower. We paid 5.20€ for the 2 dishes!!!!
They didn't have any vegan dessert available though :-(

Pros: Price, Cats
natashaslivingfood
natashaslivingfood

Lovely Little Shop/Cafe

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2014

A delightful place, spacious, clean, simple but very tasty vegan/ veggie foods with some raw options. The staff/owners here are just so warm and welcoming. We had a little baby and they could do with a high chair. Other than that it was very homely. Check it out as one of the pioneers of Porto for healthy, bio foods. Stock up and support!

Pros: Friendly, Good Selection, Tasty Food
Cons: No Baby Chair, Hard To Find
TofuCelt
TofuCelt

Nice spot

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2014

We were staying in the hotel almost directly across from here (Eurostars) so this was a great find for us to have our breakfast. It was literally less than 15 seconds away from the front too of the hotel. The staff here are very nice and friendly the choice of food isn't too bad either. However, it does seem to be all served room temperature. They speak Spanish, english, and Portuguese...and maybe others. It was a nice quiet place to have breakfast. The only downfall for me was that there didn't seem to be enough sweet things to choose from. In the morning I prefer sweetish things (not cakes, etc.), rather than savoury. Also, I didn't like the idea of cats running around a restaurant. It made a place seem less professional, as well as being allergic to them. The shop part was nicely supplied too, with similar products that you find in places like Ireland. Is a bit pricey.

Pros: Friendly staff, Clean place, Good choice of foods
Cons: Cats running around restaurant, A bit out of centre, A bit expensive

RubyFriel
RubyFriel

Relaxing cafe, good food

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2014

We enjoyed a nice simple veggie curry and Somosa in the cafe, which had a relaxed vibe and decent wifi. They also offered soups, salads and juices - all at a good price. The staff are very friendly and can speak English. There was also a health food attached where you can find any veggie and vegan supplies you might need when visiting or living in Porto:-)

MigueelS
MigueelS
  • non-vegetarian

PERFECT! Amazing spot to chill out with friends

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

This is an amazing place to be chatting with friends or simply relaxing while having a snack. There are some vegan/vegetarian options, and most things are organic. I had a gingerbread/lemon tea with a slice of apple and carrot cake, and it was really good (we payed about 4,5€ for this - not that cheap, but not that expensive. I guess it's ok considering the type of food you're eating - organic, vegan options).

The space has a very relaxing and cosy vibe, it's really good to be chatting during the morning or the afternoon. The decoration is minimalist, but very modern without being too classy. I just loved the lamps. They have a backyard garden that's very appealing too. The staff were very nice too!!

Pros: Very cool environment, Cats running around make it familiar, Garden seems really cool too
Cons: Small area inside
erichartnett24
erichartnett24

If I lived in Porto I would spend my time here.

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2013

What a wonderful, wonderful place. In the front is a health-food store with all kinds of tea and spices as well as various foods, snacks and some cool artwork. The owner is a very friendly woman that speaks portuguese, castellano, and english. She works the front register in the health food store and is also the barista at the small and cozy cafe that is in the back of the store! This cafe has comfortable indoor seating and a small courtyard area with some outdoor seating, friendly cats, great coffee and this place is very accomodating to vegan requests.
I had a soy latte and toast with pumpking marmalade. Needless to say, the rest of my day in Portugal was destined to be near perfect after this lovely breakfast.

Pros: soy milk for coffee, assortment of jams, calming atmosphere
LuisGomes
LuisGomes
  • non-vegetarian

My new hangout place

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2013

I write this sitting in their coffe aerea. It is a very cousy place, with nice music and decor. The backyard (quintal) is an amazing place for a summer chill place.

Food is amazingly tasty and has a nice variety. The people working there are very friendly and make you feel welcome.

Store has an amazing selection of products, not just food but beauty and home cleaning selection. All afordable.

Pros: Affordable products, Welcoming staff, Relaxing environment
Cons: Slightly small
Erickac
Erickac

Wonderful food, owner, and patio

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2013

I ate here on my recent trip to Porto and will be coming back next time I am in town. There is not only a 100% vegetarian, organic store but also cafe. I had a sandwich and freshly squeezed juice. The food was fresh, healthy, and delicious. The cafe owner spoke great English and was very helpful and nice. There is an outdoor patio where you can sit to eat and to enjoy your food. They offer free wifi as well. In the patio out back, there are also 4 friendly kitty cats who live there and contribute to the welcoming, relaxing ambiance.

Pros: Healthy delicious food, Great ambiance, Cheap
Cons: Not open on Sunday

Dear Owner and Manager of Quintal Bioshop: