Sister restaurant of Hillside Quickie in Seattle. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, American
1324 Martin Luther King Wy (13th)
Tacoma, Washington 98405
253-572-4549

Open Mon, Wed, Fri 11am-8pm, Tue, Thur, Sat-Sun 11am-5pm.

First Review by punkinness
CKay
CKay

Brunch is good

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2014

I was happy to end up here for brunch recently. I had never been here before, so Quickie Too was a nice treat. Food was good, portions were large. It was fairly empty when I arrived, and it was a full house when I left. My only real complaint was that I wish there were more greens on the brunch menu. I would definitely go back and eat here again.

Pros: Good Food, Friendly Staff, Large Portions
darrellab
darrellab

Comfort food in a comfortable place

4 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2014

My colleague and I both enjoyed our meals (and he's not veg*n). The mac'n cheese was good, but I will say a bit greasy. We opted for gluten free versions of the burgers and both were excellent. Oh yea, don't pass up the shakes and desserts! I'm looking forward to checking more menu options on my next visit to Tacoma.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff
Cons: somewhat limited hours
SaraShelton
SaraShelton

Excellent Burgers

4 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2014

The food here is very good greasy diner type fare. The wait staff is really hit or miss. Sometimes friendly sometimes they almost ignore you. It takes awhile to get your food if they are busy at all so be prepared. Also they are not always open during their published hours. Sunday is brunch only. The mac and yease is worth the drive.

Pros: excellent food
Cons: so-so service, variable hours, run-down

glewcifer
glewcifer

woah momma

5 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

My friend has been urging me here for the longest time and we finally made it. Who doesn't go to Tacoma with a little sense of adventure? Speed usually is an issue when the waitress is also cooking your food. Go girl!
Haters gonna hate, pish! Even my kid ate without complaint and the $7 choc/pb shake was insanely delish. I'd be slappin hands if they got near my plate.
In summary, and I quote:
"OMNOMNOMNOMNOM"
The end.

babysunbear
babysunbear

Good but Very Greasy

4 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

The milkshakes here are AMAZING. We also got a home style platter and a sandwich. For sandwich spread they use potato salad. It was very good! I really love comfort-y greasy bad for you meals, but even I couldn't handle this! It probably doesn't help that my husband and I don't know what portion control is when we go to eat out :(
It is in kind of a bad neighborhood though, but the food is worth it! Our server was very nice and laid back.

Jeff_Vierra
Jeff_Vierra

Wonderful Place...

5 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2013

Everything my wife and I had we loved, so much so that we ate there three times in one week. We tried the Jamaican Burger, Comfort Food plate, Veggie Parma, a couple of their wraps, half a dozen different cookies...and their OH SO GOOD soy milkshakes...the best!!! (Especially the Mexican Chocolate Shake) The menu is a mix of American and Caribbean.

Other reviewers have found the place dirty...I would say it is really just rundown, rather than dirty, although my wife and I did not use their restrooms. The atmosphere was laid back and comfortable, and we found the servers friendly, but not intrusive.

We're looking forward to the next time we are in Tacoma, WA, so we can try some other items on Quickie Too's menu. Yummy!

P.S. They make their own seitans, and smoke them and tofu as well, which they sell by the pound for take home.

Pros: excellent food, great atmosphere, wide variety
Cons: strange hours
veganmomma12
veganmomma12

Great Food relaxing cafe

5 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2012

I really enjoy the people working here they are all friendly. The food is delicous my daughter loves the mac and neese I love the Jamacian Burger my only complaint no gluten free burgers

Cons: no gluten free burgers
SaraJane85
SaraJane85

Good Food but odd servers

2 Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

I have been here more than a few times. The food is really good but the servers are alway NOT friendly and really odd acting. It has caused my boyfriend to not want to go here any more. The building and interior are real crappy. The bathrooms are outside and SUPER crappy. They need to move locations to get more business. Oh and there hours are always different DO NOT believe the hours you see on the website ALWAYS call and ask for that days hours. I have gone here multiple times when there are supposed to be open and they are not. Huge bummer!

Pros: Good Food
Cons: Strange people, bad hours, dumpy building/bathrooms
thoor_ballylee
thoor_ballylee

Great spicy unique foods, my hippy vegans rejoice!

5 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2011

This place is not for everyone... what place is? But I f'n loved it. It is laid back, with spicy, creative foods. All my laid back, hippy vegans, this is the place for you and me. If you are expecting Plum Bistro like the people below me, you will be sadly mistaken but you can enjoy the food which is pretty amazing. As someone who doesn't like Plum because it is too upity, this is the place for me. If you don't like talking to homeless people, hanging out on MLK in Tacoma is probably not the place for you. This country creates a lot more homeless then it does vegan restaurants, the ratio is a little skewed, personally I don't mind it all. The service is slow and as a white guy I think they thought I was lost, or would freak out because something wasn't clean enough but it was perfect. I love spicy unique foods, I love the simple diner atmosphere and all the rasta and reggea posters, it makes me want to take a toke and then chow down on some great food.

Pros: amazing food, hippy, laid back chill place., unique
Cons: simple and not super clean
i heart pugs
i heart pugs

Loved the food, but too spicy for toddlers

4 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2010

This is the first time I've ever been to a vegan or vegetarian resturaunt, so I was thrilled to choose ANYTHING from the menu. My husband and I really enjoyed the burgers. Our one year old didn't have such a great time. He was bored, and the food was too spicy for him. We ordered sweet potato fries for him, but the fries were so spicy they made him cry. We didn't realize until after we had already given them to him how spicy they were.

While we were waiting for our food, a homeless woman came into the resturaunt and asked us for money. Also on the way back to our car at least 3 other people asked for money and cigarettes. It was off-putting, to say the least.

That said, the food was absolutely divine. I give the food 5 stars! If we go back, we will either have to leave the baby with a sitter or bring our own food for him.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff
Cons: too spicy for small children, vagrants in neighborhood
Harmony 101
Harmony 101
  • raw

Come for the food, not the ambience

4 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2010

If you want SUBSTANTIAL vegan food...this is it! The vegan "Mac n' Yease" is legendary and the burgers or the mashed potatoes will fill you happily.
We came based on the sister restaurant in Seattle (Plum Bistro) which is at a whole different level. We still have to give it 4 out of 5 stars!
Do NOT use the bathroom.

Pros: Vegan, Unique food, Careful meal preparation
Cons: Nastiest bathroom in the USA?, slower service, so-so ambience
Salazar
Salazar

Best. Food. Ever.

5 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2009

Everything was beyond delicious--it was totally worth the trip to Tacoma. Really nice folks run the place, too.

Pros: Fantastic food, Sweet staff
cpk
cpk

exotic deliciousness

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2009

This place was really cool. Total vegan comfort food! However, do not come here in a rush: they are very attentive to each order and it takes a while to cook each one. It's worth the wait! We had lunch there one day (sandwiches, yummm) and dinner there another day (vegan country fried steak, sooo good). Plain, good ole comfort food, maybe not the healthiest, but freakin' good. And omg, the mac and cheese was amazing. Try this place!!

Pros: comfort food with jamaican vibe, casual, sweet staff
Cons: a little slow
iwoof4u
iwoof4u

Wow

5 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2008

This place is amazing. All of their locations, University District, Capitol hill and this one are outstanding. And VEGAN too!

Pros: great food, Meat eaters will love
Cons: inconsistent hours, slow
Tofu Mom
Tofu Mom

Homey, with a Reggae Touch

4 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2008

Cozy little place you just might pass by if you aren't REALLY looking for it. The service is slow, I'll be honest, even though I didn't want to say anything that might be percieved as "negative"... The "vegan soul food" is nicely spiced and probably a bit more greasy than most "healthy-vegans" would prefer, but it is comforting, tasty and OH-SO-GOOD!
We love everything we've tried; sweet potato fries, mac-n-"yease", the seitan pastrami sandwich piled high Dagwood style and best of all, BRUNCH, which is a set plate, heaping full of their specialty items, potatoes, grilled tempeh, etc, etc...

Besides, you can't help but love a place where the only decorations are Ziggy Marley posters!!

Pros: Super-Tasty Vegan Soul Food, Brunch, Nice portions
Cons: Small, Somewhat slow service
veggieguys
veggieguys

Nicely Spiced & VEGAN

4 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2007

Very homey no frills establishment. Great healthy soul food. Try the smoked sweet potatos! I had several "sides" on one large plate with a scoop of homemade vegan ice cream and cookie for dessert. All incredibly scrumptous! The tab was $18.50 so not inexpensive for lunch.

Pros: taste, unique, healthy
Cons: price of sides, unkept surroundings, loud music
punkinness
punkinness

nummy

5 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2006

if you're in a hurry, better call your order in ahead of time. sandwiches, while they all have basically the same ingredients are all very tasty and large in size. the bread pudding is very tasty, the mock fish sandwhich is one of my favorites. lots of variations on the type of meat, including tofu there's also seitan and tempeh, millet and plantains are used too.

Pros: tasty, big portions, dont use styrofoam
Cons: slow service, hours

Dear Owner and Manager of Quickie Too: