Queen Street Commons

Cafe offers seasonal vegetarian fare including dips, pizzas, soups, salads, and daily lunch specials. Wide assortment of freshly baked cookies, muffins, squares & cakes includes dairy, wheat and sugar-free options. Fair trade coffees and organic herbal teas served. See website for hours. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Take-out

First Review by AlisonR
allkaleseitan
allkaleseitan

Sometimes great, sometimes not

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2013

The food is great, it's super cheap (pretty much everything is $3 or under), and it's right by the bus terminal. As a high school student, these are things I look for. However, I loved eating there before I went vegan. Everything they have is vegetarian, but I'm not fully sure what vegan options they have. And depending on a number of variables the food you have may vary from great to ok - I had a roasted vegetable wrap one day that wasn't very good, but a while before then I had a chicken pea burger and it was delicious. Even with that risk, I highly recommend going here.

SaraNovocin
SaraNovocin

IMO

5 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2012

I love this place! The food is super cheap and very delicious! They also have a huge space; usu a puzzle table set up, wifi, etc.

Pros: vegetarian, cheap, delicious food
eatwild
eatwild

good always, amazing-hit or miss

5 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2010

The prices are always good and the food is always good, but it's hit and miss when it comes to being great. Some people will make your food (sandwich/salad) amazingly, others make it and it is only good. Vegan brownies are always a safe choice because they are not made to order, but they're goodness means they may not always be there.

Jo-Anne
Jo-Anne

Good food, great value

5 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2010

Change isn't always a bad thing. The new sandwich bar is very good. Still excellent value for the money.

Pros: good food, great value
beeherrington
beeherrington

Times have changed

2 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2010

I had faithfully gone to Queen Commons for every Tuesday in every month I lived in Kitchener. It was amazing, great prices, vegan options, great atmosphere. This, sadly, has all changed.

After two months away, I head back to try the very delicious vegan brownie. The place has been renovated, completely jazzed up, and has a new sandwich bar. The prices have risen, and the decor suffered. We stayed about 10 minutes in line, became horrified with what has happened, and left. It may be the food has improved, but I didn't stay around to try. This community initative has grown too big for it's boots.

AlisonR
AlisonR

Excellent vegan and veg cafe

5 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2010

This is a community based cafe that offers resonably priced vegetarian and vegan salads and wraps and other goodies.
the prices are very good! And it is a very welcoming and inclusive enviroment. The staff are excellent!!! Would definitely reccomend this!

Pros: good value, friendly staff, wide variety
Cons: noisy at times

Dear Owner and Manager of Queen Street Commons: