Serves meat, veg options available. Ethiopian restaurant offering a bargain all-you-can-eat vegan lunch buffet Mon-Fri for $7.99 which usually features salad, spinach, rice, green beans, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, yellow lentils, red lentils, bengal lentils, and injera bread. A la carte menu available at other times. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ethiopian, African, Buffet, Catering, Take-out, Non-veg
1704 Broadway (17th St, downtown)
Sacramento, California 95825
916-446-1223

Open Mon-Thur 11:30am-9pm, Fri 11:30am-10pm, Sat 12-10pm, Sun 12-9pm.

First Review by Emil
emmpower
emmpower

Queen Sheba is the Queen of Sacramento Vegan Food

4 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2014

This is my first review on happy cow, I never realized the maximum rating for non-veg restaurants is 4 of 5. Before writing this review, I thought the other reviewers were just being stingy! Hah!

If I could rate Queen Sheba five stars, I would. Five million stars even. Because when I come in to Queen Sheba, I don't -feel- like I'm in a non-veg restaurant. That sounds weird...why?
Because I don't have to do ordering acrobatics! I can just order right off the menu like any regular ol' omnivore!

The veggie sampler just IS vegan and I ask to add an order of the mild Tofu Tibbs to the platter as well. I get a LOT of food for my money: the sampler platter feeds my extra-large-appetite husband and myself when we add the Tofu Tibbs (and sometimes a side of rice if we're both extra hungry). The sampler provides a beautiful variety of delicious, healthy food that always hits the spot. I come in and feel like I'm eating at my friend's or my friend's mom's house, I love it. The vegan lunch buffet is also a great value.

My husband and I can eat just right here and have some leftover to take home, or forego leftovers and stuff ourselves full 'til we're waddling out for less than $20.

When I first moved here I got hooked on Queen Sheba, my mom moved here and she was here so often she barely used the kitchen at her new place for anything more than morning coffee :] Whenever I have friends in town that wanna go out for dinner, I bring them here. Even if they've never had Ethiopian food before or if they're skeptical about eating with injera, I'm sure there will be something here they will enjoy, and that's been the case 99% of the time! (my grandpa was hard to please, haha)

I always say Queen Sheba is THE BEST vegan restaurant in Sacramento!

Pros: wonderful food made with love, awesome value, great staff
Cons: nothing unless, you don't like, nice things :P
Ryan MTB
Ryan MTB

Excellent Food!

4 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2012

I always order the vegetarian sampler platter, which is vegan and gives you a taste of several items on the menu. It's always delicious, I always have leftovers, and the staff is always very friendly.

Pros: Vegan Options, Delicious, Friendly Staff
Cons: Street parking only, but never a problem, Restaurant also serves meat
arj11718
arj11718

Fantastic Food - Friendly Staff

4 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2011

This is an outstanding place to eat! We have never had anything but fantastic food here. We love the food and the owner so much, we had them cater our wedding a couple of years ago. Highly recommended!!

Pros: Full of flavor, healthy, friendly staf
gkaba
gkaba

Vegan Lunch Buffet A Good Deal

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2010

Tried the vegan lunch buffet today(M-F 1130-230). Only $7.50 for a simple buffet that is probably essentially always the same but each dish is well prepared and delicious.
I especially liked the spicy lentils, cabbage, rice and carrot-potato dish. The salad is the only thing that is very ordinary(only lettuce and one dressing).
The hot Ethiopian tea was nice and a good finishing touch to the meal. I would recommend coming early when everything is fresh. You can park down 17th or 18th in the residential area, but it's hard to find parking right on Broadway.
A cozy and unpretentious restaurant with Ethiopian decor and Ethiopian TV playing. The good is light and I felt very good afterward, not stuffed.
Definitely want to go there again, although it's a bit of a drive. Friendly service. Easy to find off the Broadway exit.

Pros: tasty food, easy to find, good tea
Cons: not fancy, no parking in front
saraksewing
saraksewing

First Time

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2009

Me and My girlfriend driving all day search place to live.. We got hungry, and saw this spot queen sheba.. The only issue is hard to find parking spot that are limited 15-30 minute. I walked in to ask lady where can i park that are 1 hour.. She show me where. She is very friendly. Anyway Buffet was all vegan, and very exciting to eat. It was pretty good. Place is nice, and kinda of loud.

Pros: friendly service, healthy food, good value
Cons: little noisy, street parking

rabidamazon
rabidamazon

Too good

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2007

I have eaten at Queen Sheba twice. I didn't think it was possible but the food was even better the second time than the first. I always tell myself I will take some leftovers with me but end up stuffing myself. Its that good and such a great deal.
Had the veggie combo with injera. Today I also had the spiced tea. It smelled like cloves and was also really good.
The food arrives quickly but the service can be a little slow. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. I can't wait to go for the lunch buffet some day soon.

Pros: fabulous food, great variety, good value
Cons: too much food!, service a little slow
LT
LT

Yum

4 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2007

Delicious weekday vegan lunch buffet for $7.50. Usually salad, spinach, rice, green beans, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, yellow lentils, red lentils, bengal lentals, and injera bread. The music and decor is pleasant, as well as occasional videos they show of Ethiopia.

Pros: delicious food, pleasant staff
Emil
Emil

• non-vegetarian

Among the best Ethiopian restaurants in N. America

4 Posted on 02 / 04 / 2007

Simply put, Queen Sheba Ethiopian Restaurant on Broadway in Sacramento is among the best Ethiopian restaurants in the U.S. or Canada. I have dined at 24 Ethiopian restaurants in N. America in the last 8 years, and I am thoroughly impressed by the entire dining experience at Queen Sheba.

Foremost, the cuisine is delicious. Vegetables are clearly garden fresh. The injera holds its tooth well (even the "plate" stays firm for rolling at the end of the meal). For meat eaters, you will find no better presentation- tender, succulent, tasty. The menu is broad and offers choices for every palate. After dining at Queen Sheba three times, I say with confidence that the dishes are prepared to perfection- seasoning, cooking, presentation. The combination plates are generous and representative of their best dishes.

The atmosphere is fantastic: open, warm, soulful and welcoming. Lots of Ethiopian charm with a very natural, unassuming delivery that allows the diner to enjoy the surroundings rather than be overwhelmed. Immaculate and relaxing, a better venue for Ethipian cuisine could not be found.

Service is outstanding- personal, comfortable, attentive, and without delay. Friendly to a wide range of customers. I feel fantastic when I leave because the service is so perfect!

The value is amazing! A full combination dinner for two with beverages can be had for under $25!

Enjoy.

Pros: delicious, perfect food, warm, relaxing atmosphere, impeccable service

Dear Owner and Manager of Queen Sheba:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the Sacramento page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2013/02/28