Serves meat, veg options available. Ethiopian cooking includes vegan suitable dishes like spiced vegetables, potatoes, and lentils. Teff and injera bread can be requested to be made gluten free. Price: Moderate more-less
Ethiopian, African, Non-veg
3636 Henderson Blvd (W Swann Ave)
Tampa, Florida 33609
Now Open

Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 4:00pm-10:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by maggi

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2013

The food is good but on two separate occasions when I've dined here, I was accidentally served meat after specifying repeatedly that I was a strict vegan and being assured the dishes contained no animal products. During my most recent visit, my selection was supposed to be a vegan sampler and after I ate most of it, I tried what was supposed to be a fried pastry stuffed with lentils only to discover it was filled with beef. Likely, the other products I ate also contained animal ingredients as it was admitted the server brought me the wrong plate. The owner was very remorseful on both times that this happened and made my meals complimentary. But a free meal is not worth ingesting something I feel is disgusting. This is inexcusable when it occurs to the same person within a few months. Some of their cuisine makes it difficult to know if it contains animal product without trust, which I have lost after my most recent experience. If you're a conscientious vegan, eat here at your own risk. They may be vegan friendly, but they're not too careful about it.

Pros: Good food, ambiance
Cons: careless, small, expensive

A must for vegans in Tampa

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2013

This place offers vegans a wonderful variety of tastes and flavors. My husband and I shared the vegan platter of 8 for two people and couldn't decide which of the eight were more delicious. We loved the collards, lentils, mushrooms, and root veggies--a lovely variety of textures and tastes. Such a rare treat to find delicious vegan meals served with grace and hospitality for a reasonable price. We'll be back and recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Tampa.

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly service, Reasonable prices
Cons: Not in my home town :(

queen of sheba

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2011

very pleasant atmosphere, good food, good service. enjoyed a combination plate with lots of different foods to sample. the hot tea is delicious. prices are good.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Queen of Sheba: