CLOSED: Queen Energy

Serves meat, veg options available. A healthy food cafe and juice bar in Rome. Vegan dishes and desserts available. Free wi-fi. MAY 2014, REPORTED CLOSED TO HAPPYCOW. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Italian, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg
via di San Basilio 66
Rome, Italy 00187
06-45439517

Open Mon-Fri 9.30am-9pm, closed Sat-Sun.

First Review by avg7967

very good juice

4 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2013

I went here a few months ago and got a fresh orange, carrot, ginger juice. It was really good. They had a few vegan snacks as well available, but I was really just there for the juice!

Pros: excellent juice, friendly staff, good location
Cons: a bit expensive

Nice atmosphere and food, no wifi though

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2013

The cafe has a bright, clean and calm interior and seems like a nice place to spend some time reading or working. Unfortunately when I visited this week their wifi was not working so that was disappointing. I was a little surprised to receive food done in a more 'gourmet' style -- big plate with not so much food. But, the gnocchi I had was actually one of the best ever, super soft and pillowy.

They didn't immediately understand what 'vegan' was, but eventually I did see several food options, along with fresh-squeezed juices.

I would go back with some offline way to spend an afternoon!

Pros: Good food, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Wifi not working, Smallish portions

Good lunch

3 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

Went early-ish for a Roman lunch - noon - and beat the local business folks who get lunch at 1pm. Not all available food items were out on display yet - more kept coming out from the kitchen as we ate. The friendly counter staff guy told us what was available and made us each a plate with three items: mine was spelt salad, quinoa salad, and hot stir-fired vegetables. This was a welcome change from the non-stop carb-fest of veg lunch options in central Rome - the paninis, pizzas, and pastas. Food was tasty and fresh. Only complaint was the owner, I think, who arrived and kept yelling to his staff in the kitchen, while he stood at the front counter. SWas also told not to order from the menu - what was in the display case was more reliable than the menu. All in all a good lunch, a welcome and fresh-tasting change from the usual Roman fare.

Pros: Great food, good value
Cons: Noisy staff

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Queen Energy: