Serves meat, veg options available. Also serves fish. Very vegan-friendly, lots of options, and a relaxed environment. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Macrobiotic, Non-veg
226 Thompson St (/in Manhattan)
New York City, New York 10012
212-420-6662

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Poundie
Myszka
Myszka

Great Burgers

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2014

This Restaurant serves great Burgers! The staff is friendly and you can substitute all of the ingridients in their burgers.

Really a must if you go to Greenwhich Village!

Saffronmom
Saffronmom

Interesting veg options

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2012

Organic place in Greenwich village area. Affordable interesting vegetarian options. Tasty spring rolls, wholewheaty tacos, interesting veg options

Pros: veg options
Cons: serves meat too
siaoyato
siaoyato

MUST TRY THE FIRE ROCK BURGER -5 Star Burger!

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2011

This is a must stop whenever I am in NYC. Must try their Fire Rock Burger (ask for blue cheese sauce) which is the best vegetarian burger I've ever had (got all my friends addicted to it and they are not even vegetarians). It used to come with blue cheese sauce but they took it out of dish last year. I usually don't like blue cheese but this sauce makes the dish. The other great option if you come on weekend is their brunch. I love their tofu scramble and sausage patties. They also have really good smoothies as well!

Pros: GREAT BURGER, AWESOME BRUNCH, JUICE

cyrano
cyrano

good vegan place

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2011

moderate price - very firendly and smiling staff - very vegan, lots of options high quality products - relaxed environment

Pros: goof divers menu, price and qulity very good, very nice and friendly place
Cons: not everything organic , sugar quality in pastries?
eye of judgement
eye of judgement

not as good as it used to be

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2010

When I first visited this place in 2007, I was amazed by the vegan breakfast options. The pancakes were outstanding with vegan butter and syrup.
Something seems to have changed though, cause in late 2009 I came back and it was far from as good as I remembered. I hope they will go back to their former glory.

Pros: nice atmosphere, nice location
Cons: used to be better
rcwalsh
rcwalsh

brunch was amazing

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2009

My best friend (vegan) and I went to brunch here one day and LOVED it. We had vegan pancakes and eggs and sausages and everything. It was so much food, and I think almost all of it was vegan (definitely my friend's was; mine might have had some dairy). I remember it as being one of the best meals ever. I will definitely go back one day, though I live in CT.

Also, we had an attractive and cool waitress.

Pros: best vegan pancakes ever!, tons of great vegan options
Cons: not a convenient location for me
MrsMaggie
MrsMaggie

decent

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2009

A great selection for vegans, the food was good the soy milk shakes I would call watered down but overall a decent experience. It wasn't cheap but nothing in the city is

Pros: variety
Cons: price
philjdomm
philjdomm

wifi and around the corner if others dont meet up

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2008

had chicken nuggets and salad and was able to pick up wifi.

Erin P.
Erin P.

Very poor service

Posted on 10 / 23 / 2007

This was one of the bigger vegan restaurants we found in New York, not at all cramped like most. I ordered the Vegan Grilled Chick'n but she brought me a spicy chicken sandwich that seared my eyeballs out of their socket. I tried to get her attention to get the correct sandwich but she disappeared into the back and I never saw her again. I muddled through my meal because I was starving. I could hear other customers complaining about their meals too. The chick'n part was actually good, it just had the spicy sauce on it that I didn't order. So I think if my order had come correctly it would have been fabulous! If I had had time, I would have tried again just for the food, but the wait staff was extremely inattentive and seemed more interested in chatting in the kitchen with each other than serving customers.

Poundie
Poundie

Fine restaurant

Posted on 09 / 17 / 2006

I have been here many times. Although not fancy, its food is consistently very good and healthy, with friendly service and nice portions. The vegan burgers are particurly nice. Although there are some fish items, the menu is mostly vegan.
This place is located in Greenwhich Village, a few blocks away from Red Bamboo and VP2.

Pros: Healthy and tasty, reasonable price

Dear Owner and Manager of Quantum Leap: