Quan Chay Halo

Typical "com binh dan" place, casual, blue collar. Offers rice plates, noodle soups, daily specials, and a la carte dishes to dine family style. Com van phong/com dia (office lunch/rice plate, includes small bowl of simple soup) costs around 25,000VND. MAR 2014 reported moved from 18A1/4 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by Coppelia
senseofvietnam
senseofvietnam

Absolutely must try for a vegetarian

4 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2014

I have been in Ho Chi Minh for a month now. Just near my place I stay is this small vegetarian restaurant. The place is clean and serve a basic but wonderful vegetarian lunch and noodle soup dishes at night. I have been here like numerous time when I want to have a healthy food. The lunch is a buffet style with numerous offering of about 15 dishes. You can pick or the lady will choose for you. Not much mock meat, but lots of vegetables, tofu and mushrooms. It comes with a bowl of soup for only 25,000d. At night they have numerous noodle dishes that can be order, portion is small but is fresh and tasty.
Pro: Clean, cheap, and taste healthy. Yes, they grill some of their vegatables so not oily.
Con : Place is small and no english menu

Coppelia
Coppelia

Great com van phong

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

Rice plates are very good; the options change a bit from day to day, and in my many visits, I've yet to be disappointed. Braised jackfruit, stuffed bitter melon, and sauteed chayote squash have been outstanding. They don't use a lot of mock meats but they do use a lot mushrooms, which I'm glad for since I'm very picky about mock meat. Southern Vietnamese food tends to be on the sweet side, but not so here. They have daily noodle soup specials, a couple of which are not common at other veg. restaurants around town (bun moc, for example). They also do hot pots and have an extensive menu of the usual a la carte Vietnamese food fare.

Pros: Food tasty and not too sweet, Decently priced
Cons: No A/C, Can get very crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of Quan Chay Halo: