Serves meat, veg options available. Previously named Escape. Serving organic food, mostly vegetarian menu with many vegan options. The owner is respectful of vegans and is vegetarian herself. Staff is attentive and are up on what is vegan on the menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by ebarneyr
Mtalboy
Mtalboy

some of best vegan/veg food i have had

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2014

Great little restaurant above a very good bookstore. Quite a few vegan options (about 75% of the menu) and all done at a very high quality.

xraydoc
xraydoc

Superb

4 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2013

I was in aspen for 4 days and ate at Pyramid Bistro 3 times if that tells you anything. I am a oil free vegan and this place had perfect options. Great menu and great wines. Even my non veg friends ate the vegan dishes and were all very impressed. I think they finally understood you don't have to sacrifice flavor for health.

IronicDilemma
IronicDilemma

Best resturaunt in Aspen

4 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2013

I love eating here. I grab a book and sit down to a fresh squeezed juice or an Iced Chai. Every season the menu changes but as of right now I love the stuffed poblano for lunch with the lentil and chick pea soup. When I come for dinner I usually have to choose between the Spaghetti Squash over cashew creamed farro risotto or the Quiona Stir Fry. IF I feel like splurging I will get the Coconut Creme Brulee.

Pros: fresh, Healthy, Gluten Free
HappyGFV
HappyGFV

Great for vegans and for gluten-free diners!

4 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2012

We celebrated our 28th anniversary at Pyramid Bistro and the food was incredible. The staff were wonderful and attentive, and the restaurant was just beautiful. Everything we ordered was both gluten-free and vegan, so we could share, and it was all delicious. We started with the vegetable spring rolls and potstickers served with drinks including agave lemonade and a coconut lime electrolyte drink. For our main courses we had the crispy flaxseed gnocchi and truffled mushroom gallette, both on a bed of organic vegetables. I had to try their desserts after this, so got the chocolate tart and creme brulée, again both vegan and gluten-free. It was a heavenly meal, and even the customers seemed friendlier than in other restaurants. Afterwards we wandered through the bookstore that is part of the same old house, then took a stroll through the town of Aspen. Thank you Pyramid for a heavenly meal and a wonderful anniversary! I hope I can go back to Aspen just to dine there again. Only reason for 4 instead of 5 cow rating is that I can't score higher for non-vegetarian restaurant.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Lots of gluten-free options, Wonderful staff
ebarneyr
ebarneyr

New Chef, Great Food Now

4 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2012

With a new Austrian Chef, Martin Oswald, Pyramid Bistro rivals Millennium in San Francisco for the best vegan in the US in my opinion. Pyramid is now organic with fish and vegan alternatives...even oil free on request.

Pros: Organic, Very healthy, Great flavors
Cons: Not 100% Vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Pyramid Bistro: