Serves meat, veg options available. A kocafé & Galleri. Bergen organic restaurant and gallery. Small and charming. Changin menu, vegetarian options might include lasagna, lentil burger with hummus, falafel wrap, and salads. Will accommodate special request. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

yass lass
yass lass

OK

2 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2014

The supposedly 'juicy' veggie burger was awful - looked and tasted as if it had been sitting around for three days - hard as a rock, and tasted of cardboard.

The only redeeming feature was that my daughter very much liked her chicken burger (she's a non vego).

Won't be going back during our stay in Bergen, and especially not, given the high end prices for low grade food.

Fortunately we have booked an apartment with full kitchen facilities, so will be checking out the local health food shops for vegan products, and cooking for ourselves.

Marga Delila
Marga Delila

A good option

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2014

Not many places in Bergen offer Veg/Vegan options. It's also organic. The place is not great but it's cozy. It's expensive but the food is good and the place is clean. Recommended.

Pros: Options
Cons: Price
jwpuma
jwpuma

Very Good Considering Where It Is

2 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2014

My wife and I ate here last night. Being in Bergen, we knew we would struggle to find good restaurants. Pygmalion turned out to be pretty good. We split the 2 vegan items on the menu, a veggie burger and an Asian stir-fry. Both were very good and quite flavorful. The service seemed a bit slow, but not a big deal if your expectations aren't too high. The only drawback was that one waitress had a boyfriend there who was a customer, and she frequently went over to him hugged and kissed him. It was a bit strange, but moved over to the "gross" category when she ran her fingers through his hair then served food without washing her hands.

Pros: Good vegan food
Cons: Odd and gross staff behavior

Jayneisastarr
Jayneisastarr

Best Restaurant in Bergen for Veggies

3 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2014

While the menu doesn't obviously indicate veg*n options, the server was not phased at all when I asked about vegan options on the menu. There were a few starters, salads/wraps and mains that were either vegan, or could be made vegan, along with a decent selection of vegetarian options. I opted for a Thai vegetable stir fry which was very tasty and the first decent healthy meal I'd probably had since my arrival in Norway.

It's important to put things in perspective, (Norway not being perhaps the most veg friendly place in the world) so don't expect to be overwhelmed but this is a nice little restaurant with a few good choices, and helpful staff so would recommend checking it out.

Pros: Best vegan options in Bergen, Helpful staff, Healthy meals
Cons: Veg items not indicated on menu, No vegan desserts
Bartanoz
Bartanoz

Disappointed

2 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

Not many veg-friendly places in bergen, so i was looking forward to this place, but unfortunately it was a disappointment. First the waiter came back and told me the soup I had chosen was not available today(he told me another main course I was interested in was unavailable). The garlic bread I took as a starter was pretty good but the veggie burger was dry and not very tasteful. The potato wedges that came with it were very nice though. The place was busy and had a nice atmosphere.

Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: Taste
RoryJ
RoryJ

Tasty veg options near the fish market

3 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

I was on my way out of Voss after Ekstremsportveko and made a trip into Bergen for some food here before I left. The open hours state 9am everyday, but in typical Norwegian fashion it was a late opening on Sundays (noon). I got the veggie wrap and a soy chai latte and both were delicious and reasonably priced compared to pretty much every other meal that I had in Norway. The atmosphere is great and the girl working the counter was fantastic, as was her playlist.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great atmosphere/music
Cons: Not a huge amount of vegan options
cprisacariu
cprisacariu

nice and central

4 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2012

Right in the centre, close to the famous fish market and all the other tourist attractions. Has nice artistic and down-to-earth atmosphere with painting gallery that changes sometimes and interesting artistic things around (there was a psychedelic projection when we were there). The food is extraordinary, tasty, and the juices are organic and good. In fact much of the food there is organic or with ingredients consciously grown. The serving is nice.
One can also stay here just for a beer/tea/coffee. It also has outdoor seating (for those 7 days when is not raining in Bergen :)

A must to go for when in Bergen...

Pros: good food, atmosphere, serving
Aixcentric
Aixcentric

A Friendly Haven

4 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2012

...Bergen is a bit of a nightmare for vegetarians what with menus offering reindeer and whale. On top of that, it's really expensive - 19€ for a pizza marguerita! So we were pleased to find Pygmalion, a friendly little resto close to the harbour. They serve burgers, wraps, ciabatta, all of which have vegetarian alternatives; plus there's a daily list of main courses. We had the veggie burgers on one visit - served with provencal potatoes, salad, hummus; on another visit I tried the wok-fried vegetables with rice which was spicy and warming - appreciated in Bergen this chilly July! Ambiance warm - checked cloths, brick walls, photo exhibition plus lots of candles. Recommended.

Vegantravels
Vegantravels

superb place

4 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2012

About the only place in Bergen that knows what a vegan is, has a great choice of wrap, burger, salad etc all organic. Very friendly and makes surviving on Bergen as veggie or vegan possible.

Pros: staff, understanding , choice
Niels
Niels

OK

3 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2011

Nice food (and large portions) but crazy expensive. But that's just Bergen, I guess.

smultron
smultron

Nice restaurant and good food

4 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2010

As we stayed in the YMCA hostel next door, the Pygmalion was a good option to eat (you get a little discount). The staff was friendly and happy to serve the food according to our wishes (vegan, in our case). They were also well informed about the ingredients of their dishes. Atmosphere was ok, and food was good.

Pros: good organic food, informed staff, prices are ok
brenk
brenk

Alright

2 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2010

We went to Pygmalion about three weeks ago and the food wasn't that great. I got the veggie wrap as well and the review under mine describes it pretty well. It was simple. The price was okay for Bergen which can be rather expensive. When they brought out my wrap the first time it had chicken so I ended up sending it. We both ended up being hungry afterwards and the staff there were a bit strange. The only way I can describe the guy there is a pygmalian. The food didn't sit right in our stomachs maybe it was something else but I'm pretty sure it was from there.

Pros: Cheaper Side
Cons: Little food, Strange Dude
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

nice to know it's organic

3 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2009

I opted out of the more expensive veggie burger and had the 85 kr veggie wrap. It was lentils and hummus wrapped in a fresh, whole wheat tortilla, with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and red onion. Good. Other burgers and dishes are served, as well as coffees and teas.

Pros: fresh food

Dear Owner and Manager of Pygmalion: