My family and I have been here several times on our visits to the area. It's an absolute must for vegan ice cream! On our last visit we got giant waffle cones filled with soy-based ice cream. We had mint chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookie dough, and french vanilla. I honestly can't choose which was better. My 11 year old commented, "Why would anyone eat cow's milk when they can have this?" It truly is delicious!!
You must, absolutely must order a soy "Hurricane" - it is a milkshake made with vegan ice cream (Chicago Soy, I prefer the cookie dough or french vanilla) and candy mixed inside (oreos!!). It is heaven. They also have vegan cupcakes occasionally, AND you can order a vegan/gluten free ICE CREAM CAKE!!!!Pros: Vegan ice cream cake, Vegan milkshakes, Vegan toppings
As of my last visit (early May 2012), I noticed a sign mentioning that all Purity-made ice cream flavors contain gelatin. Though I know some vegetarians can go either way on gelatin, I prefer to avoid it, and was therefore so disappointed that I had to order Dryer's sorbet at this Ithaca landmark! (They also have some pretty good (gelatin-free) soy ice cream--another veg-friendly option, albeit with only a few flavors.)Pros: Vegan-friendly, Clean, friendly space
Cons: Gelatin in all house-made ice cream
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Ithaca Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Purity Ice Cream closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 637 times since Jan 2013.