CLOSED: Puree Organic Cafe

Mt. Pleasant organic vegetarian cafe and baby goods store. Provides whole food meals with seitan, tempeh, tofu entrees, and sides inspired by local ingredients. Sample menu items include chimichurri seitan with barley kalalmata salad, vegan cookies, and vegan chocolate cupcake. Wi-fi access in a cozy cottage. SHUT DOWN IN DEC 2013, CONFIRMED BY OWNER. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, American, Bakery, Juice bar, Take-out, Delivery
1034 Chuck Dawley Blvd
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina 29464
843-884-5464

Open Tue-Sat 8:30am-9pm, Sun 9am-3pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Andrewrgibbs
Le
Le

Disappointed

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2013

Not much variety of food in the menu. Portions are super small, but the prices are defenitely expensive. Seitan was so much deep fried that it was firm like a stone and tasted as if is was kept in boiling fat for ages. Vegan cheese was rather insipid.

Everything else was very tasty, especially bread. The service was super fast and kind!

One more disadvantage to mention - bad air inside. All your clothes, hair and skin will keep the odors of the kitchen.

Pros: fast service, tasty bread
Cons: scant portions for high price, unfresh air, dreadful seitan
Scottie
Scottie

Wonderful

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2013

My fav restaurant in Charleston! Puree Organic Cafe has excllent food. The French Toast and the Deep South Plate are two of my favorities, but you can not go wrong with anything you order. Almost anything on the menu can be vegazied (if it isn't already), and the staff is extreamly helpful. Two thumbs up!
The atomosphere is very relaxed so give yourself some extra time to sit back and relax and enjoy.

Pros: Great Food, Helpful Staff
zahra
zahra

Delicious, local and healthy!

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2013

I am a Vegan and I have been leaving in Charleston for 10 years. I have been able to locate really awesome Vegan options when I travel abroad but never in Charleston..... , NOW, we FINALLY have a locally owned vegan/veggie cafe that offers fantastic menu options and really competes with restaurants that you would find in Asheville, NC or Portland, Oregon.

Owner, Jenan, is super cool and really cares about her business and her customers. Be sure to try their fabulous desserts/pastries. If you can eat wheat, DEFINITELY EAT ' The Deep South'. Also, Gluten-free?? Then, try their FANTASTIC "Pad Thai".

5 stars for this restaurant!

Pros: locally owned, quality customer service, creative food combinations
Cons: only 1 location

jgvick
jgvick

Good

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2013

It's nice to see vegan and organic options starting to pop up in Charleston. But we still have a long way to go ... The website was out of date. So don't expect to see the kids menu there. In addition, the pad thai was a pretty small portion for a $14 price tag. However, the tempeh scallopini was very good ... And so was the blue corn tamale. I will probably go there again, but without the kids ... And probably for lunch.

Pros: cute place, good service
Andrewrgibbs
Andrewrgibbs

Lovely

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2012

Located right next door to the veggie-friendly Mustard Seed, Puree is in good company. My wife & I visited with our 1yo daughter; we had places to go, so ordered the food to takeaway. Everything was made to order, so we had to wait abut 15 minutes, which we spent picking out a toy from the in-store baby shop.

The food was excellent; very well made and a good range of flavours, using tempeh, seitan and much veg. We'll be going back for a sit down meal before we leave. (they have highchairs incase you were wondering).

For my money, the best veggie food in the Mount Pleasant / Charleston area (and a lot of other places for that matter). 5 stars, or moos, or whatever they are.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good size portions, Fair price

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Puree Organic Cafe: